Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Rasheed Wallace was a better player than Kevin Garnett

Big time Sheed fan as i have him in my top 3 favorite Pistons players ever but KG is definitely the better player

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    KG > Dirk.

Dirk's title was 5 years ago. He's at the end. Its safe to stop overrating him now.
    dafuq

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Eh. Even Mother Theresa has critics. So I guess it is to be expected that some people could have some insane basketball opinions.

Cali Love

KG > Dirk.

feel the same way

KG > Dirk.

Dirk's title was 5 years ago. He's at the end. Its safe to stop overrating him now.
    ****ing lol. No.

Dirk and Dwyane Wade had two of the most dominant playoff performances I have ever seen. Garnett could never do what Dirk did when the Mavs won it all.

Wallace is overrated.
    All that matters is what you actually produce.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    ****ing lol. No.

Dirk and Dwyane Wade had two of the most dominant playoff performances I have ever seen. Garnett could never do what Dirk did when the Mavs won it all.
    Yeah Dirk was amazing that one year. Still, not better than KG overall. KG was an infinitely better defender, better rebounder, better passer, better in the post, better going to the hoop, better at pretty much everything except range shooting.

One playoff run doesn't define a career. Let's not forget the '07 meltdown after winning a bogus mvp, lol.

Malone, Barkley > Dirk as well.

Yeah Dirk was amazing that one year. Still, not better than KG overall. KG was an infinitely better defender, better rebounder, better passer, better in the post, better going to the hoop, better at pretty much everything except range shooting.

One playoff run doesn't define a career. Let's not forget the '07 meltdown after winning a bogus mvp, lol.

IDK, from where I stand Dirk was clearly better in the post and as a scorer. KG was a great passer, but watching prime Dirk, you'll know that he rarely ever made a bad pass or missed an open man. Dirk was just more of a play finisher rather than offensive creator (when compared to KG).

KG and Dirk are interchangeable to me in terms of all-time ranking. Have to give Duncan the edge over both of them in terms of careers, but all-3 guys had similar levels of impact in their primes.

Serious playground baller Annyong!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Perfect

I usually hit open layups

The OP is wrong.

LMAO!!! No way was Sheed better than KG. KG was the most versatile 7 footer of all time. Who parlayed that into peak seasons of 24 points, 13-14 boards, and 5-6 dimes a night. Capable of defending big swingmen to center AND having point forward skills on top of it. And OH YEAH, KG was a freakish athlete on top of all this.

In terms of skill level, Sheed was a beast. BUT he never took that next step into being a dominant player. He wasn't a dominant scorer, passer, or rebounder. He was a great post defender and had one of the best inside-outside scoring skillsets of any PF ever though.

So those are hallmarks of Sheed basically, a great post defender AND a great inside-outside scoring skillset. But to Sheed's defense, he played on some deep ass teams during his career. On those Portland teams, there was no need for him to score 25 points a night. BUT on Detroit, I think a more aggressive Sheed could have gotten them another ring or two. Those teams wasn't nearly as deep as the Blazers scoring wise. So they could have used Sheed scoring in that 23-25 point range minimum.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Facts.

He always got the better of Garnett in the playoffs.

He carried Portland within a quarter of the NBA Finals when they played a prime Shaq and Kobe team.

When he got traded to Detroit he was the piece that put them over the top.

Kevin Garnett on the other hand was a career loser on the T'Wolves. They had 1 great year in the playoffs vs the Lakers where they lost.

KG joined a super team and still only won a single championship. He was probably the weakest link of the big 3.

Agree or Disagree?
    doesn't mean Sheed was better , KD carried a team of nobodies for a decade, right out of HIGH SCHOOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper
    doesn't mean Sheed was better , KD carried a team of nobodies for a decade, right out of HIGH SCHOOL.
    Except he didn't carry them right away.

Nah

Serious playground baller Annyong!'s Avatar

Garnett was better at getting to the post, but once in the post, Dirk was better. Dirk was better close, mid-range, and from 3. His scoring ability also made it easier for his teammates. It is also funny to act like Dirk only had 1 good year. He had 1 season as MVP with a very unfortunate first round, 1 season where he took his team to the Finals but the refs helped Wade take over, and 1 season in which he dominated against a stacked Heat team that won the next 2 years. He then had multiple years of deep playoff runs against a stacked West and just couldn't make the Finals. KG on the other hand, had 1 season as an MVP with a deep playoff run in the West, and then a bunch of years as a stat producer but many first round exits. Like Dirk, KG made 2 Finals trips and 1 championship, but KG had to team up with a super team to get there and had a pretty easy path to each Finals with the Cavs being the only real threat multiple years and 1 year with the Magic as a threat. People like to complain the KG didn't have a great roster around him, but Dirk never had a roster as good as KG's Celtics and was still able to do as much as him despite spending his entire career in the West.