Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Obama shortens terms for 214 prisoners; 67 had life sentence

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    It doesn't matter what the demand is, the suppliers are in the bad too. Heroin destroys lives, families...most of these guys are heartless fcks, not angels.

Look at Singapore....zero tolerance for drug use, the result? Drug use doesn't exist there.

Contrary to what many think, laws actually do affect demand, and use.

Pot use basically doubled in states where it became legal.

All that said, violent crimes should be the harsher sentence, I don't have on issue with Obama here, just saying, heroin dealers can all be executed as far as I'm concerned, fck em.
    so MD's and pharmaceutical companies as well? IIRC, US is #1 in prescribing opiates...aka synthetic heroin. Many prominent Doctors have mentioned that in our nation, medical practitioners are over-prescribing opiates. In some states, access to opiates is easier than heroin so the junkies have switched over to opiates.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    so MD's and pharmaceutical companies as well? IIRC, US is #1 in prescribing opiates...aka synthetic heroin. Many prominent Doctors have mentioned that in our nation, medical practitioners are over-prescribing opiates. In some states, access to opiates is easier than heroin so the junkies have switched over to opiates.
    Yep, that's why we currently have a heroin epidemic , because it's legal!

Scrip opiates have actually been cracked down on though, they are hard to get now, you basically need surgery.

Used to be you could go to your doc and say "my back hurts I need opiates" and bam.

Yep, that's why we currently have a heroin epidemic , because it's legal!

Scrip opiates have actually been cracked down on though, they are hard to get now, you basically need surgery.

Used to be you could go to your doc and say "my back hurts I need opiates" and bam.
    hold on while i search the npr articles on how some east coast state is suffering from an opiate overdose epidemic. the dea did crack down through various methods, in fact, i worked at a pharmacy and i know just how stringent dispensing controlled substances are, the pharmacist has them in a locked cabinet. his initials go on every script, order forms are special, expired opiate pills must be written down, counted, and returned to distributor for incineration, if an opiate pill is accidentally thrown on the ground, the world must stop spinning while the pharmacist locates is and writes down the incident, etc. yet we continue to have opiate overdoses.

and fyi, cancer patients/elderly patients can get a script for opiates very easily.

hold on while i search the npr articles on how some east coast state is suffering from an opiate overdose epidemic. the dea did crack down through various methods, in fact, i worked at a pharmacy and i know just how stringent dispensing controlled substances are, the pharmacist has them in a locked cabinet. his initials go on every script, order forms are special, expired opiate pills must be written down, counted, and returned to distributor for incineration, if an opiate pill is accidentally thrown on the ground, the world must stop spinning while the pharmacist locates is and writes down the incident, etc. yet we continue to have opiate overdoses.

and fyi, cancer patients/elderly patients can get a script for opiates very easily.
    Cancer patients should obviously.

This country has a massive prescription problem, it's off the charts. Not just with opiates but with damn near everything.

Too many people want to solve their problems with a fckin pill.

This country has a massive prescription problem, it's off the charts. Not just with opiates but with damn near everything.

i'm just past the whole war on drugs when you can legally gain a script to an alternative street drug.

meth addict? go to an MD and complain about difficulties focusing. amphetamine rx coming up.

heroin addict? get into a car accident or break a bone, opiate rx coming up.

yet we have the DEA pressuring anyone caught in possession with 10-20 year sentences.

But at the end of his second year, the 27-year-old M.D.-Ph.D. student could not remember any class dedicated to addiction medicine. Then he recalled skipping class months earlier. Reviewing his syllabus, he realized he had missed the sole lecture dedicated to that topic.

"I wasn't tested on it," Goodman says, with a note of surprise.

Americans are overdosing on opioids such as heroin and prescribed painkillers at epidemic rates, and the nation's doctors appear to be inadequately prepared to help

Since then, the number of Americans overdosing from prescribed opioids has surpassed 14,000 per year, quadrupling from 1999 to 2014.
    http://www.npr.org/sections/health-s...e-to-keep-pace

an article from a week ago.

i'm just past the whole war on drugs when you can legally gain a script to an alternative street drug.

meth addict? go to an MD and complain about difficulties focusing. amphetamine rx coming up.

heroin addict? get into a car accident or break a bone, opiate rx coming up.

yet we have the DEA pressuring anyone caught in possession with 10-20 year sentences.
    I can't disagree

Possession shouldn't be shit really

ANYTHING pot related shouldn't be shit, and that's starting to happen.

Heroin and coke dealers can die in a fire though, as far as I'm concerned...If we need to make room in prison for more killers? Fine, but I'm not going to actually defend that scum.

I can't disagree

Possession shouldn't be shit really

ANYTHING pot related shouldn't be shit, and that's starting to happen.

Heroin and coke dealers can die in a fire though, as far as I'm concerned...If we need to make room in prison for more killers? Fine, but I'm not going to actually defend that scum.
    I won't defend hard-drug dealers. But I believe the government should crack down equally on over-prescribers and drug dealers. Almost synonymous, minus the MD.

I won't defend hard-drug dealers. But I believe the government should crack down equally on over-prescribers and drug dealers. Almost synonymous, minus the MD.
    I can't disagree

If there are doctors that have multiple opiate OD patients because of their careless prescribing then they should be punished.

Let's not get carried away though, if you're flooding the streets with heroin you need to be punished. Some countries are completely ruined by that shit, we shouldn't be tolerant of it.
    "non-violent" offenders sounds nice, but those people with life sentences are likely to be serious criminals. Just because they were caught and charged with having kilos of coke and heroin, doesn't mean they weren't violent--indeed, people dealing with those drugs in those quantities almost have to be violent.

This just fits with Obama's long-established trend of favouring criminals over the law-abiding--he's been doing this shit his whole career (making excuses for criminality and violence, undermining the security and safety of the law-abiding).

NBA Legend

It doesn't matter what the demand is, the suppliers are in the bad too. Heroin destroys lives, families...most of these guys are heartless fcks, not angels.

Look at Singapore....zero tolerance for drug use, the result? Drug use doesn't exist there.

Contrary to what many think, laws actually do affect demand, and use.

Pot use basically doubled in states where it became legal.

Fair points, but I think if there are no other charges BUT trafficking and they have a relatively clean criminal history, sentences should be much lighter. Cant put someone in prison for life bc they sold something to someone who wanted to buy it. Thats much less serious IMO than either violent crimes or white collar fraud crimes against unknowing/unwilling/defenseless victims.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    "non-violent" offenders sounds nice, but those people with life sentences are likely to be serious criminals. Just because they were caught and charged with having kilos of coke and heroin, doesn't mean they weren't violent--indeed, people dealing with those drugs in those quantities almost have to be violent.

This just fits with Obama's long-established trend of favouring criminals over the law-abiding--he's been doing this shit his whole career (making excuses for criminality and violence, undermining the security and safety of the law-abiding).

First paragraph: In general I think youre right, but there are also dealers who are pretty low key, ordinary people just making extra money without getting tied up in gang shit. Even some tommy chong type pacifist hippies buy a bunch of drugs and drive around to music festivals selling it and shit.

Second paragraph: Definitely agree about Obama. He doesnt mind doing the bidding for big (white owned) corporations to prop up his own career and legacy. But on a personal level he seems to really resent the social order. Which is much different than simply striving to improve it. He's looking to spite it.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

What a coincidence just in time for the elections. These people have no shame.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta

Add drug dealers to the never ending list of shit you know nothing about.