Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Default Re: Lebron james: Im chasing Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    He needs to catch up with Hakeem Olajuwon first

LeBron is top 2-3 while Hakeem is over Kobe who's not even top 11.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    He needs to catch up with Hakeem Olajuwon first

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Look i'm gonna post stats because that's all I know!!!
    I didn't just post stats. I also stated that Pip was far more versatile, and able to take the load off MJ defensively, something Wade couldn't do, because he wasn't able to guard as many positions on the court as Pippen.

Wade played with a ball dominant player, pip usually shared running the offense with MJ. This reduces Wade's assist numbers.
    Wade's usage during that time was 30.2%, and Pippen's was 24.6%...
    You're wrong again. As usual.

Wade is miles ahead of creating his own shot, whereas Pip usually gets gimmes from MJ double teams.
    And you claim I'm biased with a post like this.

It's a myth that Pip always guarded the top scorers, and btw Wade played great defense on par with Bron.
    Ask any long time Heat fans who the best defender of the two was on the team. In fact, ask Heat fans what there opinion was about Wade and his defense in 2011. Especially getting back on defense after a failed offensive set.

FACT is, Wade was already a legit MVP franchise HOF bound NBA Finals MVP 'BEFORE' Bron joined him.
    What has this got to do with when they actually played together? Pippen was a better player in total during the stretch of 8 years they won the 6 titles than Wade was in the 4 years the Heat competed.

People see through your misleading contextless cherrypicked stats.
    Which bit of it was misleading? Is it misleading because it paints a picture you don't like.

And Wade was far more of a cherry picker and beneficiary of the best player on the team in terms of scoring than Pippen was. In 13 and 14, Wade benefitted more than anyone off Bron's presence.

Seriously dude. Just quit posting on the topic. You're as biased as they come, and the only thing you ever provide in these threads is non tangible nonsense.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Scottie during period of winning 6 titles: 20/7/6 on 48%
    Scottie in the playoffs during same time: 19/8/6 on 44%

Wade during in period of 4 finals together: 22/5/5 on 51%
    During the playoffs in that same time: 20/5/4 on 47%

What does them achieving anything before have to do with anything? 6 peat Pippen was a better player than Wade during his years with Bron overall. Not to mention, Jordan had a guy that would guard the best guy for him every night. Something Wade didn't do for Bron.
    2011 and 2012 Wade was better than any version of Pippen that MJ played with.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Wade is a better player than Pippen. I do believe what makes the situation unique with lebron is his ability to be Pippen/Magic/and a little of Jordan at times.

That's what makes him the most unique player we have ever seen. People want to claim empty stats or cherry picked stats but this man has consistently been able to dominate the game with defense, the pass, the pace, and scoring.

It depends on what you value. If you have team ready with pieces, Jordan will be able to score and get you the championship.

If you have a mediocre team, Lebron automatically puts you in Conference finals territory.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Look i'm gonna post stats because that's all I know!!!

Wade played with a ball dominant player, pip usually shared running the offense with MJ. This reduces Wade's assist numbers.

Wade is miles ahead of creating his own shot, whereas Pip usually gets gimmes from MJ double teams.

It's a myth that Pip always guarded the top scorers, and btw Wade played great defense on par with Bron.

FACT is, Wade was already a legit MVP franchise HOF bound NBA Finals MVP 'BEFORE' Bron joined him.

People see through your misleading contextless cherrypicked stats.
    they want you to give LeBron credit for reducing Wade's impact because he was such a poor fit with him.. while simultaneously discrediting Jordan for making scottie pippen pretty much the best he could be / operating at peak optimality.

this is what you have to deal with in these comparisons lol..

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Will it take 20 years for Lebron to "pass" MJ? 4 or 5 more years before we sit down, review the stats and finally declare Lebron the best player we've ever seen?

Such a simplistic mentality. Either he is the best or he's not.
    Last edited by Da_Realist; 08-05-2016 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    they want you to give LeBron credit for reducing Wade's impact because he was such a poor fit with him.. while simultaneously discrediting Jordan for making scottie pippen pretty much the best he could be / operating at peak optimality.

this is what you have to deal with in these comparisons lol..
    Interesting. Didn't know it was LeBron's fault Wade sat out games in the regular season and playoffs. Didn't know it was LeBron putting him on a minutes restriction.
    Wade averaged 24.5ppg and 22.8ppg in the 2011 and 2012 playoffs. Is it LeBron's fault he suddenly averaged 15.9ppg and 17.8ppg after that?

I guess so. From your completely "unbiased" point of view.

2011 is better than any version. 92 and 97 Pippen are quite comfortably as good as 2012 Wade at the very least. You could even argue 93 Pip.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

I didn't just post stats. I also stated that Pip was far more versatile, and able to take the load off MJ defensively, something Wade couldn't do, because he wasn't able to guard as many positions on the court as Pippen.

Ask any long time Heat fans who the best defender of the two was on the team. In fact, ask Heat fans what there opinion was about Wade and his defense in 2011. Especially getting back on defense after a failed offensive set.

What has this got to do with when they actually played together? Pippen was a better player in total during the stretch of 8 years they won the 6 titles than Wade was in the 4 years the Heat competed.

Which bit of it was misleading? Is it misleading because it paints a picture you don't like.

And Wade was far more of a cherry picker and beneficiary of the best player on the team in terms of scoring than Pippen was. In 13 and 14, Wade benefitted more than anyone off Bron's presence.

Seriously dude. Just quit posting on the topic. You're as biased as they come, and the only thing you ever provide in these threads is non tangible nonsense.
    You be delusional.

Scottie during period of winning 6 titles: 20/7/6 on 48%
    Scottie in the playoffs during same time: 19/8/6 on 44%

Wade during in period of 4 finals together: 22/5/5 on 51%
    During the playoffs in that same time: 20/5/4 on 47%

What does them achieving anything before have to do with anything? 6 peat Pippen was a better player than Wade during his years with Bron overall. Not to mention, Jordan had a guy that would guard the best guy for him every night. Something Wade didn't do for Bron.
    Winner winner, chicken dinner.

Mike could concentrate and use a little more energy on offense, while Pip was asked to concentrate and use more energy on defense.

See the 91' Finals for a prime example.

Call the ambulance and make sure they have a body bag.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    Winner winner, chicken dinner.

Mike could concentrate and use a little more energy on offense, while Pip was asked to concentrate and use more energy on defense.

See the 91' Finals for a prime example.
    You're pulling that straight from your ass. Jordan went balls to the wall on both sides of the court all the time. Just because they put the bigger body on Magic in one series doesn't mean he loafed it on D.

It would be like blaming Lebron for not guarding Dirk in 2011. Why would you put a smaller defender on a bigger guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    You're pulling that straight from your ass. Jordan went balls to the wall on both sides of the court all the time. Just because they put the bigger body on Magic in one series doesn't mean he loafed it on D.

It would be like blaming Lebron for not guarding Dirk in 2011. Why would you put a smaller defender on a bigger guy?
    Didn't claim he did.

Can you read?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Wade averaged 24.5ppg and 22.8ppg in the 2011 and 2012 playoffs. Is it LeBron's fault he suddenly [COLOR="DarkRed"]averaged 15.9ppg and 17.8ppg after that[/COLOR]?

I guess so. From your completely "unbiased" point of view.

all four of those seasons were included in your little analysis.. the better question is why'd you take only pippens three best statistical years and compare them to all of Wade's ..? why are you including wade's not so great seasons, but not pippens as well? do you see how that is contradictory and misleading?

i hope so...

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Stop with the numbers and accolades. Stop denigrating teammates. Those are all sidebar issues. If Lebron was better than MJ, it wouldn't take 20 years for it to be obvious. The real question is... will LBJ have a better career? Y'all get the two confused.

Maybe, possibly by some metric LBJ can have a better career by the time he retires if longevity and accumulated stats is your thing but no he won't ever be a better player. We've already seen LBJ's best and he wasn't better then so how can he get better now on the downside of his career?