Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Thunder contact Spurs for possible Westbrook trade..

Look I wouldn't mind seeing Westbrook on the Spurs to be honest I think the accountability would be good for him.. But....

Thunder contacted the Spurs about a possibly trade for Westbrook.. The asking price.. Swap for Leonard... What the hell!!!
    So the thunder think the Spurs might be interested in swapping a top 5 player.. Who hasn't peaked.. Is young.. The best defensive player in the league... On one of the best contracts in the league.. For Westbrook.. Who can sign anywhere at the end of the season ... Thunder you are fkn retarded.. Seriously.

I offer you Parker, Anderson and a first round pick..'and that's all your gonna get..

Delusional franchise

I Rep the Thunder! Thunderfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Thunder contact Spurs for possible Westbrook trade..

Can you provide a link please?

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderfan86
    Can you provide a link please?
    yea, I had to look it up.

http://hoopshabit.com/2016/07/23/rus...antonio-spurs/

Many are already starting to speculate as to where Westbrook will end up. It was reported that the Thunder’s general manager, Sam Presti, has already reached out to the San Antonio Spurs about the possibility of a trade. After all, Presti got his start as a scout for the Spurs, and has many ties to the organization.

With that said, this still seems unlikely to happen; given the Spurs want to hang on to both Kawhi Leonard and LaMarcus Aldridge, two players the Thunder will obviously ask about. Outside of them, the Spurs might be able to offer a package involving Danny Green, Dejounte Murray, Kyle Anderson, and a few picks or prospects, but that probably would not be enough.
    i just don't know is San Antionio has enough but I'd like to see it happen. Maybe is Westbrook said that he would ONLY sign with SA next season its possible but that is unlikely

Why not trade Westbrook to the T-Wolves:

The opportunity to get Westbrook for a bargain doesnt happen very often. And they can prob get him just without getting rid of any core guys.

Westbroook/Towns/Wiggins is a great trio that could start competing for titles in the next couple of years.

Get two first rounders from Boston instead along with a combination of smart/bradley/jay brown

Undefeated

Quote Originally Posted by toxicxr6
    Look I wouldn't mind seeing Westbrook on the Spurs to be honest I think the accountability would be good for him.. But....

Thunder contacted the Spurs about a possibly trade for Westbrook.. The asking price.. Swap for Leonard... What the hell!!!
    So the thunder think the Spurs might be interested in swapping a top 5 player.. Who hasn't peaked.. Is young.. The best defensive player in the league... On one of the best contracts in the league.. For Westbrook.. Who can sign anywhere at the end of the season ... Thunder you are fkn retarded.. Seriously.

I offer you Parker, Anderson and a first round pick..'and that's all your gonna get..

Delusional franchise
    The only thing you have to offer is a meltdown... sit the **** down scrub

I'd do it if I were the Spurs. Kawhi is incredibly overrated.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by KiiiiNG
    The only thing you have to offer is a meltdown... sit the **** down scrub

I'd do it if I were the Spurs. Kawhi is incredibly overrated.
    That would be the dumbest trade of all time.. To rival your trade of harden.. No team would make that trade.. Ever!!!!

And enjoy your team being in the lottery for the next decade.. You guys are totally screwed

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Why not trade Westbrook to the T-Wolves:

The opportunity to get Westbrook for a bargain doesnt happen very often. And they can prob get him just without getting rid of any core guys.

Westbroook/Towns/Wiggins is a great trio that could start competing for titles in the next couple of years.
    I suppose that it's possible Westbrook would resign here, although it's like a 1/10,000,000 chance. The only reason he stuck it out in OKC was because they were a great team and had Durant.

The only way Westbrook would sign long term in a small market is if it's a contender (or a very good team since the only contenders are Cavs and Warriors)...something we are at least 2 years away at the very best.

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    I suppose that it's possible Westbrook would resign here, although it's like a 1/10,000,000 chance. The only reason he stuck it out in OKC was because they were a great team and had Durant.

The only way Westbrook would sign long term in a small market is if it's a contender (or a very good team since the only contenders are Cavs and Warriors)...something we are at least 2 years away at the very best.
    You add Westbrook to that team and second round team starting next year. He would also see the potential in the talent they have. I would give it more of a 65-75% chance he would resign there.

You could possible get him for a package centered around Kris Dunn or Zach Lavine, whichever one you feel less good about. That is not a bad move if you can get Westbrook to say he will resign.

Hard to see why Celtics swap for IT and a swingman hasn't happened yet.

Thunder still have a shot at the playoffs, Celtics become relevant, Westbrook gets his ideal situation: average 28/8/8, make the second round every year, take on the Gilbert Arenas role as the guy who puts up a great fight but Lebron stomps on the way to the Finals.

NBA rookie of the year

Serious playground baller

If the Thunder were gonna trade Russ to the Spurs they'd be stupid not to ask for Kashi. Yeah the Spurs aren't going to do it but that would be the only player worth getting back for the Thunder for Russ. Might as well try for the best value instead of settling.

Local High School Star

Durant is a great player but they're still contenders with a Westbrook lead team and an additional great player to fill in for durant. Blake

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Boston, Philly and los Angeles should be in the mix

High School Varsity 6th Man WolfGang's Avatar

Giving up Godbrook for Leonard doesn't make sense...at all. OKC is a very young team if you look at them now. Most of their core guys are around 21-24 years old. Kyle Anderson, Dejounte Murray and Danny Green should be enough as someone said before. You're gonna Godbrook him for nothing ANYWAY.

Godbrook is the reason I like watching OKC. I'm a fan of the franchise now and they can still be a great team and compete with LA, Minny and Milwak in a few years. Get a couple draft picks and they'll be alright.

Godbrook should play with more players his age. I can see him actually playing a team game with Pimp Pop-a-bitch breathing down his neck. Either that or it ends tragically.