Default Lebron Would dominate any era.

We know this because lebron is a hybrid of multiple greats seen throughout the history of the nba..

If you want to see what lebron would look like in the 90s Just take clyde drexler, give him GOAT defense playmaking and rebounding ability along with a better jumpshot, He would look alot like lebron does today.. and probably be considered GOAT.

[FONT="Arial"] [COLOR="Green"]With Lebron's playmaking scoring and defensive upgrades[/COLOR] the portland trailblazers would probably win in 6 vs the bulls in 92. REMEMBER Lebron has NEVER lost when he was 48 mins from a championship. jordan HAS TWICE.
    [/FONT]
    Clyde's 92 finals stats 24/7/3
    [COLOR="Green"]Lebron's 16 Finals stats: 30/11/9[/COLOR]
    Jordan's 92 finals stats: 34/4/6
    [FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Green"]Lebron's superior playmaking assists and rebounding numbers would make up for the measly 4 point advantage that jordan retained. we know this because an assist is ALWAYS ATLEAST worth 2 points, an assist is always more valuable face value wise than points alone. Not to mention lebron also was the main anchor on defense, otoh jordan benefited from the defense of Scottie Pippen.
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

For the 80s Just take magic johnson, and add GOAT defense and scoring ability..along with rebounding

70s? Julius erving with, better shooting scoring rebounding defense...

And add on to all of that, the goat longevity of lebron, 13 seasons without a major injury and still going on strong.. most players were retiring by this time.

Default Re: Lebron Would dominate any era.

I agree with the premise that Lebron would be dominant in any era, but I'm not sure why you keep saying GOAT defense. He's a very good defender, great at times, but not consistently great.

   

Lebron Would dominate any era
    of course he would. but to be fair, the same thing could be said of the top players in recent history.

the talent pool keeps expanding, early coaching keeps improving, sports nutrition / medicine / physical conditioning keeps improving, etc etc.

a more interesting question would be-- what former great could dominate in today's league? pistol pete comes to mind with his mind-blowing ability to hit ultra-long shots and to pass. kareem and wilt are also pretty solid bets, obviously.

LeBron would dominate more in the 90's with no zone defense, slower defenders, and hand checking

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    of course he would. but to be fair, the same thing could be said of the top players in recent history.

the talent pool keeps expanding, early coaching keeps improving, sports nutrition / medicine / physical conditioning keeps improving, etc etc.

a more interesting question would be-- what former great could dominate in today's league? pistol pete comes to mind with his mind-blowing ability to hit ultra-long shots and to pass. kareem and wilt are also pretty solid bets, obviously.
    I think kareem forsure and possibly magic..

This is what seperates them from the rest of the pact.. I don't feel like jordan would have much of an impact in today's era with better defenses and a slower paced game. Also his game would revolve around a shot that is the least efficient in the game in today's era.

Pistol would be a slightly more efficient curry.

OP - 23.54 posts per day

Go outside, Bro

Quote Originally Posted by Kawhi m8
    OP - 23.54 posts per day

Go outside, Bro
    Been traveling all day going to university

Keep the ad hom's and deflections to yourself.

no shit.

Jordan would eat him alive. He doesn't have HALF the heart of Jordan.

I still think LBJ's top 5, tho -

   

Quote Originally Posted by TheWinningFam
    I think kareem forsure and possibly magic..

This is what seperates them from the rest of the pact.. I don't feel like jordan would have much of an impact in today's era with better defenses and a slower paced game. Also his game would revolve around a shot that is the least efficient in the game in today's era.

Pistol would be a slightly more efficient curry.
    magic played pretty recently, so i wasn't even thinking about him. but yeah, with his talents and size, i think he'd be a good bet.

jordan played against far more violent defenses in his day, and probably has the greatest will and drive i've ever seen in an athlete. i think he'd have zero problem adapting his game to today's association, which would probably start with him improving his 3pt shot.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Lebron's teammates wouldn't be spacing the floor for him via 3-pointers in the 80's or 90's - the floor setup was COMPLETELY different in those no-spacing environments, so today's skillsets wouldn't be as effective back then.

Specifically, players in previous eras were forced to use their midrange jumpshot rather than get to the rim because the lack of 3-point shooting allowed defenders to overcrowd the paint.. A reminder of the standard setup is shown in the gif above - penetration isn't possible due to an overcrowded paint, so Jordan must pull-up from midrange..

This is the primary reason Lebron would be worse back then - his lack of midrange shooting ability - virtually ALL great perimeter scorers in the 80's and 90's had great midrange.. But in today's game, it's statistical fact that most of the top perimeter scorers don't have good midrange jumpshots, because the spacing and hands-off defense allows them easier access to the rim.

   

the idea that lebron couldn't adapt his game to prior decades and jordan couldn't adapt his game to today seems pretty sketchy to me. nobody said that these guys weren't allowed to adjust to whatever era they were placed in, after all.

in fact, one could potentially measure their ability to adapt and plug that in to the equation as well. it would probably involve stuff like IQ, BBIQ, motivation and various other qualities.

you could also find great players who have very low adaptive ability, like shaq and rodman, yet still might dominate other eras.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Great players would play great in any era? Wow, what a concept.

LeBron = poor man's Drexler in the 90s and poor man's Alex English in the 80s

I'll give him credit he'd do good in the 50s - 70s [COLOR="White"]since most of the league consists of skinny white boiis like many ISH posters[/COLOR]