Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Tracy McGrady criticizing Steph about playoff performance is hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    So is that like a man who played with a great coach Jeff Van Gundy and a great center Yao Ming and still managed to come up short year after year?

Default Re: Tracy McGrady criticizing Steph about playoff performance is hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by GINOBILI!
    T-Mac is totally jelly. He hated on Curry after he got his MVP too.
    No he hated on, and rightfully so, the undisputed part.

As for playoffs, I don't know where this myth started that McGrady wasn't a quality playoff performer, simply because his bum squads didn't advance.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH

As for playoffs, I don't know where this myth started that McGrady wasn't a quality playoff performer, simply because his bum squads didn't advance.
    Quality is a major stretch. He had a sub-.500 TS% in more than half the playoff series he took part in from 00-08. That's terrible. He was also part of 3 playoff series where his team blew 2 game leads. 3! 2 of them with Houston, when he had a darn solid team around him. Remember how much we all shat on KD for blowing a 3-1 lead against a GOAT-level team? Well, T-Mac did that 3 times in his career, and none to an opposition anywhere close to GS' level.

The guy was good, but the romanticizing of his career has gotten totally out of control. T-Mac was the definition of not having 'it'. His glossy averages were often achieved on very high volume, and he no-showed in countless big games. When the going got tough, T-Mac was usually MIA.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    I understand that but it's hilarious. TMac is the THE playoff loser, but I understand he prob feels like it would be easy playing on the Warriors team when you aren't required to be the best player on the court every night
    Tmac was never on a contending team, but he did choke away a couple.

You never really know how someone balls until they get a team that can take them to a ring, imo.

-Smak

Dunking on everybody in the park TrueBlue89's Avatar

James Harden > T-Mac.

The first round virgin needs to know his place. He's been making alot of sneak disses to Steph lately.

Tmacs teams were terrible. Best team was the Yao, artest, Mcgrady crew but for ONE year. They broke down in the playoffs. The other years his second options were a 30game per year Yao and Shane Battier.

Very good NBA starter

I think Tracy feels like if he were in the game today, he'd be even better.

More spacing, he could fill it up quick. The funny thing is that Orlando Magics team was built like teams today. They gave him 3 ball shooters, and rebounders.

He was clutch, but I was felt his effort was inconsistent.

Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

Didn't T-Mac have like 3 straight series with 30/5/5? His teams never went anywhere, but dude did always up his game in the playoffs.

He is right too, Steph has to step up. Seriously, he is making 2007 Dirk and 2010 Lebron look like world beaters.

Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    I think Tracy feels like if he were in the game today, he'd be even better.

More spacing, he could fill it up quick. The funny thing is that Orlando Magics team was built like teams today. They gave him 3 ball shooters, and rebounders.

He was clutch, but I was felt his effort was inconsistent.
    Most of the top perimeter players of the 2000s would be better today then they were back then.

The remnants of Riley ball and handchecking really ****ed over early 2000s stars.

Quote Originally Posted by game3524
    Most of the top perimeter players of the 2000s would be better today then they were back then.

The remnants of Riley ball and handchecking really ****ed over early 2000s stars.

This. Go back about 15 years and take guys like T-Mac, Kobe, VC, Pierce, Ray Allen and take away handchecking; they'd all light it up.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D.J.
    This. Go back about 15 years and take guys like T-Mac, Kobe, VC, Pierce, Ray Allen and take away handchecking; they'd all light it up.
    u watching the playoffs u f aggot? they been hand checking every game

Quote Originally Posted by D.J.
    wait a sec are you serious? We've seen all those guys play without handchecking . They were better without handchecking being called but not that much better and like with most rule changes, the refs overcompensated with foul calls the the 1st few years. More stuff is allowed now than it was in say 05 or 06 which were the 1st two years of no handchecking.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    u watching the playoffs u f aggot? they been hand checking every game

Ask your worthless c-unt of a mom if I'm a fa-g-got.