Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Default Re: Durant was 1-7 in the 4th quarter with a chance to advance to the NBA finals

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    He had a lot of help from Russ who had 4TO'S in the last 1:29 of the game.
    they lost the lead by that point and Russell's play was the reason they had the lead to begin with

Durant has no one to blame but himself, pitiful last night

Decent college freshman

Default Re: Durant was 1-7 in the 4th quarter with a chance to advance to the NBA finals

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    First half he seemed to just be missing shots he normally makes (outside of that random half court chuck... da fuq was that? ). Second half he was clearly shaving points. Not even trying to be subtle about it.
    I hear ya. But he wasn't just missing shots in the first half, he was ball-hogging hard.

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    they lost the lead by that point and Russell's play was the reason they had the lead to begin with

Durant has no one to blame but himself, pitiful last night
    3 of the TO's were when OKC was down by 3.

move along....

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Whatever the reason...doesn't really matter why..

This game, if the Thunder lose game 7, is a huge...in a bad way...legacy game for Durant

Sucks because I wanted KD to stay in OKC long term, now if they lose this series, it opens up a far greater possibility he leaves this summer or signs a 1/1 and leaves next summer

Really surprised at that performance last night
    Yeah, they're on a very of a collapse which will have ramifications for years to come. It's a legacy game in every sense for him. If he goes down meekly, I don't think he comes back from it. Not at the level he was projected to have reached anyways.

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    KD did about as much as one human being can possibly do to lose a game. And even with Klay going ham egg n cheese, they still had complete control of the game. All they had to do was not f*ck up, but that's just what they did. If I didn't know better, I'd say Durant went completely out of his way to lose it for OKC. That was World Class point-shaving.

If it comes out in a few months that Draymond slipped KD a couple of bills during halftime to throw the game, I'd believe it. Wouldn't even question it. I'd just be like "Sounds about right."
    This made me laugh out loud for real. Great post.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Highest release point in the NBA and struggles to take good shots. Such trouble seperating himself in space.
    This is what I don't get. Why is he struggling? He's a giant playing on the perimeter with a really high release. How is he NOT getting better looks. Something is going wrong and I can't quite put my finger on it.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

3 of the TO's were when OKC was down by 3.

move along....
    so they already lost the lead as i said...

Yeah, cause no team has ever came back and won being down by 3 with 1:39 left.

Yeah, cause no team has ever came back and won being down by 3 with 1:39 left.

why are you so hard pressed on trying to find the faults in Westbrook? He played good, most of the TO's came from panic mode after KD did everything possible to throw the game until they finally did fall behind.

Stop derailing, some good posts here.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    why are you so hard pressed on trying to find the faults in Westbrook? He played good, most of the TO's came from panic mode after KD did everything possible to throw the game until they finally did fall behind.

Stop derailing, some good posts here.
    All I said was it didn't help OKC 's cause that Russ turned it over 4x in the last 1:39. If you don't think that played no part in their 4th qtr collapse/ losing.....you're entitled to.

I already posted earlier in this thread that KD shot like shit the whole game, while you just specified the 4th quarter. That's why I mentioned Russ....."in the 4th quarter"

Very good NBA starter

OKC has not shared the ball like they used to. Westbrook has dumb turnovers but also puts pressure on the warriors. The issue is Durant gets the ball and can't feel the double team or handle physicality.

Iggy is dangerous one on one defensively. You've got to move the ball and person.

OKC could blow golden state out. Or give up.

History has been kind to KD. Westbrook and Scott Brooks get all the blame for KD's chokes.

God, what wouldn't I do to see 2012 KD show up for game 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    This is what I don't get. Why is he struggling? He's a giant playing on the perimeter with a really high release. How is he NOT getting better looks. Something is going wrong and I can't quite put my finger on it.

Trying to do too much off the dribble. I guess he feels like if he passes it he won't get it back.

He had a lot of help from Russ who had 4TO'S in the last 1:29 of the game.

You can see clearly, the dude is gassed... And i ain't surprised coz he pretty much carries this team on his back.

He Singlehandedly won us the Mavs series , gm 2 & 5 vs Spurs and gm 1 & 4 vs GSW.