Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Okay, so I just pulled a number from a total dime, need rookie advice

Quote Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
    Good luck.
    Be yourself.
    Make her laugh.
    Listen.
    Treat her like a person (agree with not putting her on a pedestal)

Just remember all these other guys are trying too hard to grab her attention. I always found a good sense of humor and attention to detail will get you in the door and keep you in her head.
    looks like shes born 3 days before me according to fb.. thats an easy talking point (once/if we meet, ofc, not gonna blurp it out and come across as stalker). just sent my first text

LeBron fan since 1988 AceManIII's Avatar

Default Re: Okay, so I just pulled a number from a total dime, need rookie advice

Don't be a freakin' texter, call and talk to her first. Then text her like twice a week unless y'all come up with plans

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    looks like shes born 3 days before me according to fb.. thats an easy talking point (once/if we meet, ofc, not gonna blurp it out and come across as stalker). just sent my first text
    Agree with Ace. Call her. I know you dropped a text, but every fool wants to go the text route these days. Call her and show you can actually construct sentences. Plus by calling you have a better chance of getting her undivided attention in a way that a text will never do.

Dont think she's the type that would notice or get annoyed by a text.. she'd maybe be confused if I called her first. I'll get there.

Definitely don't call her first, this isn't 04. She will feel awkward about a call and might decide to not even answer cuz you're putting her on the spot. Just be casual and easy going.

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    Definitely don't call her first, this isn't 04. She will feel awkward about a call and might decide to not even answer cuz you're putting her on the spot. Just be casual and easy going.
    this lol

luckily didnt

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Don't send the d ick pics right away..give it time. Show that you're interested. Be more of a listener than a talker once you're together in person.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

What a mix of advice in this thread. Dating is so ****ed these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    What a mix of advice in this thread. Dating is so ****ed these days.
    This. Just be yourself and dont give a phukk about anything else. It works for me.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

He probably already blew it having a break down over Nadal.

Quote Originally Posted by macmac

Yeah, I know, tis not like he's 35 either. Calling was weird even when I was at uni 5 or so years ago; twas all bbm back then, which was great for this kind of thing (unless it was "i'm outside your halls in the rain, so come and open the f*cking door!").

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Short and sweet agreed with others. Try to seem busy, girls curiosity definitely heightens. I knew this dime who was really into me but my urgency to always talk to them online killed the mood.

I've had similar problems with matches on dating apps though. No idea how to get to the point of getting their number, asking them out. There was one chick I matched with a few months ago that I was legitimately interested in out of the handful of matches I had but we only talked for like an hour via text and then a few days later her account was deleted.
    Last edited by NBAplayoffs2001; 05-29-2016 at 05:40 PM.

Banned

Are we really in here giving the birds n the bees talk to a grown ass man?

I gotta draw you a diagram?

"Dime" as in 10 out of 100?