Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star poeticism707's Avatar

Default Re: Tim Duncan is greater than Shaq, and here are the numbers to PROVE it

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
    Well there in lies the key, while one player may be better that donesn't make him greater. Because it's all about how you use your talent. Tim Duncan is a basketball genious, and he has the ability to put that basketball IQ to use. That's what makes him great.

Default Re: Tim Duncan is greater than Shaq, and here are the numbers to PROVE it

Both teams played hard 2LeTTeRS KD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
    exactly, Duncan never had that dominant mentality. Shaq is the all time better player. Duncan will sustain his production longer though I think, he's definitly in better shape. He can play and be productive until he's 40, Shaq is about 34 and he's on a big decline.
    Duncan is already declining and is what? 30? 31? Shaq didn't start any kind of real decline until he was 32 or 33. I don't care about conditioning when you already can show a decline in level of play from Duncan.

I don't know about Duncan declining. He always shared the ball not caring about stats and was hurt last year. He seems pretty good to me this year, I don't really see a major change.

Local High School Star The Answer's Avatar

This thread is ridiculous. Shaq is clearly better than Duncan.

rank sentamentalist

For ****s sake, stop bumping this stupid thread.

Ban this fool. Please.

KIWI
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    For ****s sake, stop bumping this stupid thread.

Ban this fool. Please.
    agree come on bro us spurs peeps are better then this

Local High School Star bleedinpurple's Avatar

i didn't go back and read every post. Did anyone talk about professionalism and leadership? cause Shaq was WEAK in both areas.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
    i didn't go back and read every post. Did anyone talk about professionalism and leadership? cause Shaq was WEAK in both areas.

Here are Tim Duncan and Shaq's career numbers and accomplishments

Lets take it to the scorecard as it stands right NOW:

titles: Shaq 4, Duncan 3
    finals mvps: Shaq 3, duncan 3
    season mvps: Shaq 1, Duncan 2
    1st team all nba: Shaq 7, Duncan 9
    1st team all defense: Shaq 0, Duncan 7 (Shaq only has 3 2nd team all defense!)
    Shaq career: 25.9ppg, 11.6 rpg, 2.8apg, 2.8bpg
    Duncan Career: 21.8 ppg, 11.9rpg, 3.2apg, 2.4bpg

Now lets discuss the obvious. Shaq has been in the league 5 more years than Duncan, but only has one more title, both even in finals mvps, Duncan with one more season mvp at 2-1. Here is where it gets shocking: Shaq has been in the league over 14+ years, but only 7 first team all nba elections? That a mere 50%! Also, Shaq has never, not even once been voted first team all defense- with only 3, count it 3 total 2ND TEAM all defense selections! Wow! He's a bigger defensive liability than Steve Nash! Even with all this "dominant" scoring, career wise he leads Duncan by only four points in career average! It is obvious that all you who swear by Shaq's dominance have been utterly duped!

Anyone please look at these numbers and prove Shaq is better than Duncan! According to their career numbers and stats, Duncan is already ahead of Shaq, and its not even close! One more title and finals mvp will simply be icing on the cake.

Local High School Star bleedinpurple's Avatar

don't get me wrong, I respect Shaq, but I always thought he should play harder at the defensive end. Interesting that he was NEVER All-D. Reminds me of when he said, "If you don't feed the Big Dog, the Big Dog don't play D"