Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park ronron15's Avatar

Default Re: Tim Duncan is greater than Shaq, and here are the numbers to PROVE it

Quote Originally Posted by poeticism707
    Why don't you just plug ESPN into the keyboard, then ESPN can type for you?
    didnt get that haha

Local High School Star poeticism707's Avatar

Default Re: Tim Duncan is greater than Shaq, and here are the numbers to PROVE it

[QUOTE=D

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ronron15
    duncan is a better defender overall, hes been to all defensive teams more than shaq...

shaq is greater tho, he was the mvp of a dynasty, he was the most dominant player on the planet, he was the reason for the "hack-a-(whoever)* tactic...
    Well, yes but only because he couldn't shoot free throws.

And I remember something called the Jordan rules, but that's not nearly as catchy as hack-a-Shaq.

Local High School Star

Poeticism i fell bad for u...u really got owned in this thread ...anyway u are still my ISH friend

rank sentamentalist

Once again, more excuses for Shaq! Would you like to tell me why Shaq only has one more title than Duncan if he's so much more dominant? Was it the refs? Did he stub his toe? Shaq has only the best coaching (Jackson and Riley), the best sidekicks (Hardaway, Kobe, and Wade), and great physical gifts. If he did not make more o it, he is to blame!!!
    God, you're a moron.
    And I remember something called the Jordan rules, but that's not nearly as catchy as hack-a-Shaq.
    You serious?

The Jordan Rules >>> Hack-a-Shaq

I mean, one had a freaking book made about it. Although Shaq's might've as well, I'm not sure.
    Last edited by RidonKs; 05-10-2007 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rzp
    Poeticism i fell bad for u...u really got owned in this thread ...anyway u are still my ISH friend

I am DON

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
    I would doubt that actually. I think that's a low number. What is shocking though is the fact that he's never won DPoY, which is BS.

And if he had to compete over Robinson he'd get on anyway since they played on the same team Robinson would have moved to the power, unless Duncan's coming off the bench which would make Pop look like an idiot, which he's not. Just saying.....
    [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Main point is the difference between Shaq and Duncan's awards are not as great as the numbers show. Not even close. Duncan's numbers would be reduced greatly if he played Center like Shaq. Big difference if you go against Ben Wallace, Hakeem, Mutombo for All-Defensive teams.[/FONT]

KIWI
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

[QUOTE=D

Only 2 people have actually addressed the numbers!

I am DON

Once again, more excuses for Shaq! Would you like to tell me why Shaq only has one more title than Duncan if he's so much more dominant? Was it the refs? Did he stub his toe? Shaq has only the best coaching (Jackson and Riley), the best sidekicks (Hardaway, Kobe, and Wade), and great physical gifts. If he did not make more o it, he is to blame!!!
    [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Also remember it was 6 NBA Finals vs. Duncan's 3 NBA Finals. Quite a difference. Shaq also did it with 3 different teams, Duncan's NBA Finals have been with the same team and same coach. It takes dominance to take 3 completely different teams to the NBA Finals. And back in the 90s Jordan's Bulls stopped Shaq from winning more. Is there a team today that good to stop Duncan? [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by KIWI
    now i don't agree Duncan is better but hes very close!

just a question had shaq been a forward how many first team defensive honors would he have had

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

[QUOTE=D

National High School Star SsKSpurs21's Avatar

poeticism707 for president!

poet is an idiot, and here is the thread to PROVE it

I am DON

Quote Originally Posted by KIWI
    now i don't agree Duncan is better but hes very close!

just a question had shaq been a forward how many first team defensive honors would he have had
    [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Like Don said from post 1, it is very close. But Shaq's dominance gives him the slight edge. Shaq isn't a foward. He is too big too be a foward and wouldn't guard fowards. But you can see Duncan being a Center. He is the right size. [/FONT]