Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Kobe Bryant was a better dunker than Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by CuterThanRubio
    LOL!!!

Please stop this nonsense!

Jordan has NEVER done the dunks that Kobe has done

EASY?

Can you dunk? Can you even get close to dunking?

I highly doubt it!

How are you going to say doing a 360 slam is easy when you can't even touch the rim!!?!?!?

And you had the nerve to accuse me of being a troll when I first started posting here, you are just reaching for a reaction, well it worked but you are so wrong and you know it!
    Like I said, whether you can dunk in a ten foot hoop, or an 8 or 7 foot hoop, a 360 dunk is easy as ****. The simple foot work gives the player so much balance, even someone as heavy as Shaq can easily do it.

I look him up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q9cLnj4EZo

To claim that Jordan can't do such a simplistic dunk shows me two things. 1. You don't have the mental capacity to understand that just because a player like Jordan did his set of preferred dunks doesn't mean that he can't do the dunks that he never cared to do or that weren't part of his culture. And 2. The NBA must be so new and fresh to you that a standard and basic 360 dunk is so awe inspiring.

I've seen Jordan do a 360 dunk during a dunking contest practice, from like 1985. Nothing special in real time, did it closer to the rim that I'm used to, but the way he moved his body, it looked kind of beautiful when replayed in slow motion.

Many of Kobe's dunk look like he's putting a lot effort into getting them off, while someone like Jordan they look more effortless.

"3 is greater than 2" CuterThanRubio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    Like I said, whether you can dunk in a ten foot hoop, or an 8 or 7 foot hoop, a 360 dunk is easy as ****. The simple foot work gives the player so much balance, even someone as heavy as Shaq can easily do it.

I look him up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q9cLnj4EZo

To claim that Jordan can't do such a simplistic dunk shows me two things. 1. You don't have the mental capacity to understand that just because a player like Jordan did his set of preferred dunks doesn't mean that he can't do the dunks that he never cared to do or that weren't part of his culture. And 2. The NBA must be so new and fresh to you that a standard and basic 360 dunk is so awe inspiring.

I've seen Jordan do a 360 dunk during a dunking contest practice, from like 1985. Nothing special in real time, did it closer to the rim that I'm used to, but the way he moved his body, it looked kind of beautiful when replayed in slow motion.

Many of Kobe's dunk look like he's putting a lot effort into getting them off, while someone like Jordan they look more effortless.
    Hey you, retard, your reading comprehension is POOR!

Third line of the OP

Whether or not Jordan simply chose to keep things simple and effective, the fact remains that Kobe performed a wider variety of dunks that are harder to complete than he did.

It doesn't matter if you think he COULD do those dunks, HE DIDN'T DO THEM!

How many times do I have to repeat this for you to understand it?

Jordan NEVER did a 360 dunk in a real game

Jordan NEVER did a windmill dunk in a real game

Jordan NEVER did a through the legs dunk

Jordan NEVER invented a dunk

Jordan's most famous dunk was STOLEN from Julius Erving!

You claim that 360 dunks are EASY, yet you CAN'T EVEN TOUCH THE RIM!

Your opinion is WORTHLESS!

Moving onto contributions from posters with meaningful insight!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

cuterthanrubio being bent over a barrel by everyone

Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    Bulls Jordan was a better 3 point shooter than Kobe by 0.1% (statistical dead heat)
    Jordan was a better 3 point shooter in the playoffs
    Jordan was a better 3 point shooter in the finals.

Regarding this thread, This has to be a bad joke
    Jordan did step up his 3 point game in the postseason.

Interestingly his three point percentage was worse from in 95-97 with 22 feet, mainly because he struggled badly in the 97 postseason with the 3s.

Quote Originally Posted by CuterThanRubio
    Hey you, retard, your reading comprehension is POOR!

Third line of the OP

It doesn't matter if you think he COULD do those dunks, HE DIDN'T DO THEM!

How many times do I have to repeat this for you to understand it?

Jordan NEVER did a 360 dunk in a real game

Jordan NEVER did a windmill dunk in a real game

Jordan NEVER did a through the legs dunk

Jordan NEVER invented a dunk

Jordan's most famous dunk was STOLEN from Julius Erving!

You claim that 360 dunks are EASY, yet you CAN'T EVEN TOUCH THE RIM!

Your opinion is WORTHLESS!

Moving onto contributions from posters with meaningful insight!

I see that you're just a troll who's going to use simplistic logic to troll. A waste of time talking to you. The so many dunks that Jordan has done that Kobe can't physically do, and you're talking about under the leg and 360.

kobe is a more aesthetically pleasing dunker than MJ

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer Bell
    Jordan did step up his 3 point game in the postseason.

Interestingly his three point percentage was worse from in 95-97 with 22 feet, mainly because he struggled badly in the 97 postseason with the 3s.
    Has nothing to do with that. MJ was just older and didn't have his legs under him. He was 32-35 during his 2nd 3 peat. Not too old but old as hell for being the best player in the game for a wing player. MJ would've mastered the 3 if that was in vogue like today. He had perfect form and that huge hand to give the touch.

The ISH'ers Champion!

OP got a bunch of stans and Kobe haters riled up dimissing his argument with side noise...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    Has nothing to do with that. MJ was just older and didn't have his legs under him. He was 32-35 during his 2nd 3 peat. Not too old but old as hell for being the best player in the game for a wing player. MJ would've mastered the 3 if that was in vogue like today. He had perfect form and that huge hand to give the touch.
    Que the excuses by Jordan stans...

"3 is greater than 2" CuterThanRubio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    I see that you're just a troll who's going to use simplistic logic to troll. A waste of time talking to you. The so many dunks that Jordan has done that Kobe can't physically do, and you're talking about under the leg and 360.
    HAHA

Yeah, say that now after being bashed over the head with facts, you suck!

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Que the excuses by Jordan stans...
    What excuse son? If LeBron 3 peats from now on, wins 3 more fmvps and leads the league in scoring for the next 3 years, makes All-NBA and All-NBA Defensive team and wins 2 more regular season mvp, he can sit on the same table with the GOAT. Until then, STFU. You need to recognize the real GOAT.

Its objectively, logically & factually laughable... there is no prejudice here...

Jordan.... AIR Jordan.... a guy with this type of vertical, hang time, agility, hands etc:

Could do ANYTHING better than Kobe in the air.... Jordan was one of the best two foot (a la Vince Carter) leapers AND one foot/long distance leapers (a la Lebron, Dr J, Lavine) in NBA history...

360? Dont make me laugh... Between the legs? You are crazy if you dont think Jordan could put the ball between his legs before he landed... why didnt he do it, it was a dunking era of aesthetics, power & hang time, that was his/their style and he stuck with it, none of the dunks were "already done/been there done that" to the point where they were forced to bring out props, superman capes and get more creative to get points / impress.... Woolridge (Jordans teammate) did that between the legs crap first in 1984, look how simple & easy it is and at the points he got, even wraped it behind his back before.. you dont think Jordan could do this?

Look, any pro basketball super athlete (in history) that can/could jump higher than you / especially significantly higher than you of two feet or long distance/one foot CAN/COULD do any dunk look more impressive than you... even tho he didnt show it, he could, with just a bit tiny practice...

I mean, how can you not see this logic? A guy jumps from the 3PT line 50 feet in the air.... but cant do a 360 or put it between the legs just because he never was thinking of it? What? You think he would fumble the ball in mid air and faceplant or something?
    Last edited by pauk; 05-27-2016 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Its objectively, logically & factually laughable... there is no prejudice here...

Jordan.... AIR Jordan.... a guy with this type of vertical, hang time, agility, hands etc:

Could do ANYTHING better than Kobe in the air.... Jordan was one of the best two foot (a la Vince Carter) leapers AND one foot/long distance leapers (a la Lebron, Dr J, Lavine) in NBA history...

360? Dont make me laugh... Between the legs? You are crazy if you dont think Jordan could put the ball between his legs before he landed... why didnt he do it, it was a dunking era of aesthetics, power & hang time, that was his/their style and he stuck with it.... Woolridge (Jordans teammate) did that between the legs crap first in 1984, look how simple & easy it is and how low points he got, even wraped it behind his back..

Look, any pro basketball super athlete (in history) that can/could jump higher than you / especially significantly higher than you of two feet or long distance/one foot CAN/COULD do any dunk look more impressive than you... even tho he didnt show it, he could, with just a bit tiny practice...

I mean, how can you not see this logic? A guy jumps from the 3PT line 50 feet in the air.... but cant do a 360 or put it between the legs just because he never was thinking of it? What? You think he would fumble the ball in mid air and faceplant or something?
    That pic of MJ is one of many examples of MJ's subtle out of this world athleticism. He got up there from about a 15 feet start, jumping sideways off of one foot. Few players in the history of this game could do that where he gets his head right at the rim from that situation. Most get max vet off a two foot jump, facing the rim. This ain't no illusion my young friends. This is a real picture and it happened. That's the thing about MJ. If you saw this dunk live, you think no big deal. But if you break it down in slow mo and see where his head it at, you realize this is GOAT level sh't. Ask LaVine to do that from the same situation.

Kobe would wet his pants just dreaming about doing something that special.