Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Local High School Star

Default Re: After waiting all these years for someone to be 1/10th the player MJ was....

It's funny seeing these Jordan-stans get all indignant every time another player comes along and does something that the so-called GOAT couldn't ever dream of doing.

They are butthurt that Lebron can guard most 4s in the game while Jordan wouldn't dream of it.

They are butthurt that Lebron made it to a Finals as a 21 y/o with Larry Hughes and Zydrunas Ilgauskas as his 2 best teammates and Mike Brown as his coach.

They're butthurt that Steph Curry not only scores more easily, but also more effortlessly than Jordan could ever dream of. Jordan had to work much harder for his points via hard slashes to the rim and post ups. Curry can juke a man out of his shoes with his handles or just run him off a screen or two before jacking up a 0.3s off-the-dribble shot from 30ft and swish it at a 45% rate.

They are butthurt that Curry draws double teams from 30ft out and that he gets a lot more off-ball attention, creating far better spacing for his teammates than their GOAT's 31% career 3pt shooting percentage was ever able to dictate.

Jordan stans are perpetually butthurt because they go apeshit like that crazy World of Warcraft kid on youtube every time someone comes along and exhibits some skill(s) or ability(ies) which put Jordan's to shame.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: After waiting all these years for someone to be 1/10th the player MJ was....

Quote Originally Posted by nba_55
    And he also did not know how to win a playoffs series without Pippen as shown with his 1-9 record in the playoffs without Pippen.

Curry is way better than Jordan offensively. Accept it and move on if you want to live your last few days happily.
    I'd have to see curry on a team with no klay or draymond. I believe he gets single covered on isolated plays.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    I'd have to see curry on a team with no klay or draymond. I believe he gets single covered on isolated plays.
    we already seen that years ago when he was like 25, didnt turn out too well

Quote Originally Posted by greymatter
    It's funny seeing these Jordan-stans get all indignant every time another player comes along and does something that the so-called GOAT couldn't ever dream of doing.

They are butthurt that Lebron can guard most 4s in the game while Jordan wouldn't dream of it.

They are butthurt that Lebron made it to a Finals as a 21 y/o with Larry Hughes and Zydrunas Ilgauskas as his 2 best teammates and Mike Brown as his coach.

They're butthurt that Steph Curry not only scores more easily, but also more effortlessly than Jordan could ever dream of. Jordan had to work much harder for his points via hard slashes to the rim and post ups. Curry can juke a man out of his shoes with his handles or just run him off a screen or two before jacking up a 0.3s off-the-dribble shot from 30ft and swish it at a 45% rate.

They are butthurt that Curry draws double teams from 30ft out and that he gets a lot more off-ball attention, creating far better spacing for his teammates than their GOAT's 31% career 3pt shooting percentage was ever able to dictate.

Jordan stans are perpetually butthurt because they go apeshit like that crazy World of Warcraft kid on youtube every time someone comes along and exhibits some skill(s) or ability(ies) which put Jordan's to shame.

You're trying to clown them but you're the dude typing out the essay.

Relax dude.

Why hasn't anyone been able to shut down MJ in the finals the way Lebron was shut down by players like Iggy and Kawhi? They played such good defense on him that they won the FMVP. No one could do that to MJ in the finals. I attribute it to MJ going up against Pippen in practice everyday, who was a superior defender to both kawhi and Iggy. Also take into account that despite being able to hand check, they still couldn't stop MJ. Iggy and kawhi weren't even allowed to hand check lebron, and they still stopped him. That's how inferior Lebron's offensive game was in comparison to MJ. We saw a bench player last year in Delly shut down Curry in 2 games. I don't recall MJ ever being shut down 2 games in a finals series, and that's with being able to hand check the shit out of him and be 10x more physical than what is allowed in today's game.

Any superstar of today can watch a guy's moves from 15+ years ago and improve on them. Is that suppose to be an impressive feat? It's to be expected, and yet despite having every advantage that MJ didn't have back then, no one can replicate or outdo what he did in his 6 finals combined. He was that good.
    Last edited by Straight_Ballin; 05-10-2016 at 09:29 PM.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Ballin
    Why hasn't anyone been able to shut down MJ in the finals the way Lebron was shut down by players like Iggy and Kawhi? They played such good defense on him that they won the FMVP. No one could do that to MJ in the finals. I attribute it to MJ going up against Pippen in practice everyday, who was a superior defender to both kawhi and Iggy. Also take into account that despite being able to hand check, they still couldn't stop MJ. Iggy and kawhi weren't even allowed to hand check lebron, and they still stopped him. That's how inferior Lebron's offensive game was in comparison to MJ. We saw a bench player last year in Delly shut down Curry in 2 games. I don't recall MJ ever being shut down 2 games in a finals series, and that's with being able to hand check the shit out of him and be 10x more physical than what is allowed in today's game.
    Michael had the ultimate athletic advantage along with skills. He didn't face kawhi and Iggy defenses one on one. Short stocky guards gave Jordan more issues I believe.

Michael had the ultimate athletic advantage along with skills. He didn't face kawhi and Iggy defenses one on one. Short stocky guards gave Jordan more issues I believe.
    He faced the ultimate defender in Pippen every day in practice, so came game time it didn't matter who was covering him. He was gonna win if it was a finals series and he proved it by going 6/6 with the 6 FMVP. No one has done it since.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

That's because his isolation plays are 26 feet away from the basket. Nobody is going to double team that, i don't care who his teammates are. That just makes it way too easy for someone in the paint to be open.

Quote Originally Posted by Klayup
    Well...most guys would stick around to defend their title rather than quit when they knew it was over.
    MJ had just come off a finals series averaging 43 a game. 94 Pippen and Grant were the best versions of those players. BJ had become a dependable backcourt mate. Kukoc came on-board. Paxson and Cartwright started to give way to younger versions in Kerr and Longley. And, as the detractors love to point out, a Jordan-less team won 55 games. Now throw a still prime MJ on top of that. That team very easily could have been the best of the Bulls title teams.

What about that says 'over' to you? The Bulls would have been HEAVY favorites for the 94 season.
    Last edited by Dragonyeuw; 05-10-2016 at 10:01 PM.

Until someone 3 peats, leaves the game of basketball, comes back, and then 3 peats again......you haven't see shit. Real talk.