Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: ☆Official 2016 Lakers Draft Thread | Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram train

Defense is way over rated in the NBA. There's no locking down certain players. I just want the best all around player available. That will be Ingram or Simmons.

Decent college freshman LA.MJ&KB#1's Avatar

Default Re: ☆Official 2016 Lakers Draft Thread | Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram train

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Defense is way over rated in the NBA. There's no locking down certain players. I just want the best all around player available. That will be Ingram or Simmons.
    I agree

NBA lottery pick

Wow, I just read this article that shows how the #2 picks in the NBA have done, and it did some comparisons to the #1 pick.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-bas...raft-has-been/

It's super rare for the #1 and #2 picks to both be really good players. So let's hope whoever Philly picks is a bust lol. #2 picks stay with the team that drafted them less years, they have shorter careers in general, and less all-star appearances. I'd like to see the stats for picks 1-10 and compare all of them.

Home of the 16

I think Simmons + D'Lo has to happen. They're buddy-buddies, so let's hope that translate over to chemistry in-game. LA life is a given, just hope they don't run into trouble off the court. That's all I can say if BS can force his way to the Lakers, I really hope he does. They really can feed off of each other, I feel like (both D'Lo & BS).

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    I think Simmons + D'Lo has to happen. They're buddy-buddies, so let's hope that translate over to chemistry in-game. LA life is a given, just hope they don't run into trouble off the court. That's all I can say if BS can force his way to the Lakers, I really hope he does. They really can feed off of each other, I feel like (both D'Lo & BS).
    Be careful what you wish for cause both, Russell and "BS" can also feed off each other with their immaturity, being so laid back and laughing all the time etc. Luke says cut it off, they look at each other and say, "Chill Luke, we got this, if not, what are you going to do about it?".
    Do you really what to bench the "future" of this team?, they tag team and forces Buss hand and say, "WE" hate Luke, it's not working out, either fire him or trade US...

NBA lottery pick

If Philly trades Noel or Okafur I'm pretty sure we'll know who they are drafting. I would have to think they are going after Simmons.

Home of the 16

That's something that hasn't even happened yet, might not even at all. This is the Lakers, not the Cavaliers. I think that most of you who doubt the FO just need to give them a little bit of credit now that they've turned this shit around, or at least trust now that they have finally proved what they are capable off post-Kobe era -- I mean, it doesn't take a genius to come up with tanking, but at least they got it done, they got the job done & now their future is brighter compared to two years ago, not perfect, but better. Remember that it's all speculations & possibilities until it has happened. There are those tendencies, I'm aware, but again this is the Lakers. I know it's cliche, but it's true -- these are seasoned veterans league/team manager. Tamaraw, it seems like you're ready to accept the fact that-that's what actually is going to happen & accepted it if they do draft him.

Now, why am I reiterating this (all of the above)? Because:
    Luke says cut it off, they look at each other and say, "Chill Luke, we got this, if not, what are you going to do about it?".
    Do you really what to bench the "future" of this team?, they tag team and forces Buss hand and say, "WE" hate Luke, it's not working out, either fire him or trade US...
    You asked me if I want to "bench" the future? What? Certainly not, I'm sure that is one of the worst case scenario, but knowing what Ben Simmons has to offer to the team, I would rather risk the chance. By that logic from what you stated above, then every team would have worst case scenarios based on speculations/tendencies that are likely going to happen, I am pretty sure. That's a fallacy.

When I say "feed off", I'm aware of the negative aspect of it & how it can have a major impact on the future of the team, WE can only hope for the best & that is what I said in my post. There are no safe picks in this draft. BS could be a bust, Ingram could be a bust & the top 10 becomes a superstar & vice-versa, who the f* knows? But again, we all know why people want BS (& no, I'm not including the idiots who comment on LakerNation articles on Facebook). lol

Also, let's not pretend that Kobe was vanilla / lowkey/ uncontreversial / giving canned answers all throughout his career, please.

Just hope we get Brandon Ingram. Less pressure that way and we know he is a very good shooter and better defensive player.

That's something that hasn't even happened yet, might not even at all. This is the Lakers, not the Cavaliers. I think that most of you who doubt the FO just need to give them a little bit of credit now that they've turned this shit around, or at least trust now that they have finally proved what they are capable off post-Kobe era -- I mean, it doesn't take a genius to come up with tanking, but at least they got it done, they got the job done & now their future is brighter compared to two years ago, not perfect, but better. Remember that it's all speculations & possibilities until it has happened. There are those tendencies, I'm aware, but again this is the Lakers. I know it's cliche, but it's true -- these are seasoned veterans league/team manager. Tamaraw, it seems like you're ready to accept the fact that-that's what actually is going to happen & accepted it if they do draft him.

You asked me if I want to "bench" the future? What? Certainly not, I'm sure that is one of the worst case scenario, but knowing what Ben Simmons has to offer to the team, I would rather risk the chance. By that logic from what you stated above, then every team would have worst case scenarios based on speculations/tendencies that are likely going to happen, I am pretty sure. That's a fallacy.

When I say "feed off", I'm aware of the negative aspect of it & how it can have a major impact on the future of the team, WE can only hope for the best & that is what I said in my post. There are no safe picks in this draft. BS could be a bust, Ingram could be a bust & the top 10 becomes a superstar & vice-versa, who the f* knows? But again, we all know why people want BS (& no, I'm not including the idiots who comment on LakerNation articles on Facebook). lol

Also, let's not pretend that Kobe was vanilla / lowkey/ uncontreversial / giving canned answers all throughout his career, please.
    Lakersgold, I am truly sorry if I offended you. Yes, you are right, no one truly knows who will be the superstar or who would be a bust, yes I am probably overly concerned about the prospect of having two incredibly young players who happened to be close to each other emotionally.
    Byron revealed that Russell sometimes act like a 14 year old and had concerns about his work ethic. They bump heads, and now Scott is gone.
    Enter another very gifted young athlete whom I read belonged a good bred family, chose to be not mentored/nurtured/trained by great coaches like Izzy, coach K, Self,Calipari, Roy Williams etc etc instead went to a subpar program where he failed to help his team to land to the top 64 teams in the NCAA....
    I mentioned good family, then I looked at the current super competitors playing right now. Durant lived with a poor mother.
    Westbrook, not heavily recruited out of HS, same with Klay Thompson and Curry.
    Green, not drafted high etc etc. And BS' biggest concern from scouts? Not very fierce, as in not having that assassin mentality.
    And now I hear, he hates Philly and wanted to go to LA, well, if he is that great, no problem, right? well I remember how I hated Eli Manning for refusing to play for San Diego, for being entitled and getting what he wanted....so maybe I am just biased...
    Again 2 incredibly young boys who happened to be close friends, just like King Solomon's son Rehoboam who has so attached to his friends...
    But please don't forget, I am also a Lakers fan.
    Hopefully and prayerfully you are right, for our team's sake.
    Last edited by tamaraw08; 05-29-2016 at 09:14 PM.

Lakersgold, I am truly sorry if I offended you. Yes, you are right, no one truly knows who will be the superstar or who would be a bust, yes I am probably overly concerned about the prospect of having too incredibly young players who happened to be close to each other emotionally.
    Byron revealed that Russell sometimes act like a 14 year old and had concerns about his work ethic. They bump heads, and now Scott is gone.
    Enter another very gifted young athlete whom I read belonged a good bred family, chose to be not mentored/nurtured/trained by great coaches like Izzy, coach K, Self,Calipari, Roy Williams etc etc instead went to a subpar program where he failed to help his team to land to the top 64 teams in the NCAA....
    I mentioned good family, then I looked at the current super competitors playing right now. Durant lived with a poor mother.
    Green, not drafted high etc etc. And BS' biggest concern from scouts? Not very fierce, as in having that assassin mentality.
    And now I hear, he hates Philly and wanted to go to LA, well, if he is that great, no problem, right? well I remember how I hated Eli Manning for refusing to play for San Diego, for being entitled and getting what he wanted....
    Again 2 incredibly young guys who happened to be close friends, just like King Solomon's son Rehoboam who has so attached to his friends...

oopsie, just read above.

NBA lottery pick

Well, we're a week away from the draft and nobody is talking about it anymore lol. I think it's just a forgone conclusion that Philly will draft Simmons and the Lakers will draft Ingram and there's really nothing left to say. The only interesting thing will be who it is Philly eventually trades.

Philly told Simmons yesterday they are taking him 1st.

Welcome our brand new Laker Brandon Ingram!! Best and most talented player since James Worthy

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Philly told Simmons yesterday they are taking him 1st.

Welcome our brand new Laker Brandon Ingram!! Best and most talented player since James Worthy
    Are you just over excited or are you taking a swipe at Kobe, Shaq and even Pau.

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    Lakersgold, I am truly sorry if I offended you. Yes, you are right, no one truly knows who will be the superstar or who would be a bust, yes I am probably overly concerned about the prospect of having too incredibly young players who happened to be close to each other emotionally.
    Green, not drafted high etc etc. And BS' biggest concern from scouts? Not very fierce, as in having that assassin mentality.
    And now I hear, he hates Philly and wanted to go to LA, well, if he is that great, no problem, right? well I remember how I hated Eli Manning for refusing to play for San Diego, for being entitled and getting what he wanted....
    Again 2 incredibly young guys who happened to be close friends, just like King Solomon's son Rehoboam who has so attached to his friends...
    I wasn't offended, it's just how I express myself. Sorry for the late reply, bro.

Anyway, I understand where you're coming from. But I guess I like to play with the odds? Idk. Like I said, I'd be fine with either one of them. If our draftee turns out to be a bust, then oh well, onto the next one. JK, of course.

Laker fam, tomorrow night. Don't miss it. I'll be down for some live-posting.