Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 323940414243 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: 2016- Yet another long off-season

[QUOTE]Marc J. Spears: The Bucks are bringing ex-Lakers shooting guard Jabari Brown to training camp, a source told The Undefeated. http://es.pn/2cRvCpv

Andy Larsen: Steve Starks said the Jazz haven

[QUOTE]Adrian Wojnarowski: Re: @Shams Charania report, Bucks making calls today to inquire about wing deal to compensate for Middleton loss, sources tell @The Vertical.

[QUOTE] Milos Teodosic: In the past I felt that playing in the NBA was not something really close to me. Now, I think about it. I want to travel to the States, play in the NBA and compete against the best players in the world. Maybe now I am more ready mentally and also on the court. I know what I can do it, I believe in myself and I have no doubts or second thoughts. I am in the best phase of my career, I play for the Euroleague champs and I enjoy the most important thing for me since I was a kid, playing on open courts. I enjoy basketball. I will not risk losing that, because this is the only thing that I really need.

http://purpleandblues.com/2016/09/21...ely-utah-jazz/

With Rudy Gobert taking the title as best defender on the Jazz, the three obvious candidates for being the first option offensively are Rodney Hood, Gordon Hayward and Derrick Favors.
    Favors was tough last year. They need to try to get him the ball in the post as much as possible. Play inside out.

[QUOTE]Hood, meanwhile, is a player that could easily become the prime offensive threat in the years to come. It puzzles me how people can talk about where the NBA

[QUOTE] Utah Jazz signed center Henry Sims to a Contract.

[QUOTE]The Utah Jazz announced today that the team has signed free agent forward Eric Dawson. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not released.

That is 20 for now. Time to play!

[QUOTE]If Sims has a good showing, it could make things interesting for the Jazz

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-training-camp

Rodney Hood is the ideal three-and-D wing

Snyder granted Trey Lyles an opportunity to carve out an expansive role, and the rookie delivered, adding much-needed spacing and playmaking to the frontcourt.
    Also cost them the playoffs. Hard for me to get past that. He has much to prove still.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...ic-Dawson.html

the height of his career in the United States coming during the 2011-2012 season when he played four games for the San Antonio Spurs and was the 2012 NBA D-League Impact Player of the Year for the Spurs' affiliate, the Austin Toros, who were coached by current Jazz leader Quin Snyder.
    they are familiar with each other and this style of ball

http://www.slcdunk.com/2016/9/23/130...-eaton-nba2k17

[QUOTE]The Utah Jazz have struggled through some less than impressive point guard play over the last few seasons. I don

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=41590019&nid=294

David Locke, on his Locked on Jazz podcast Friday morning, reports that Exum weighed in at about 205 pounds, a big jump from his previously listed weight of 190. That's much more in line for what you'd expect from a 6-foot-6 player.
    Hopefully 15 pounds makes him more willing to enter the lane

Exum really struggled as a rookie on the offensive side of the ball: in the pick and roll, he picked up a turnover on 46 percent of pick-and-rolls he finished, according to Synergy data relayed by ESPN's Zach Lowe. That's the highest individual rate ever recorded.
    and yet people have him penciled in over proven players.

Is it best for Exum's future for him to get big minutes?
    if he earns them finally

George Hill has come into Jazz workouts and blown players and executives alike away with his talent level, sources say, even above and beyond the high expectations of a team that gave away a lottery pick for him in June.
    sg? extension?

Shelvin Mack and Raul Neto were part of one of the most effective starting lineups in the league last year, proving adept at not taking away from the other players on the floor.
    Mack took away from Hood for the better.

Overall, as Locke says in his podcast, "There have been plenty of times in practice, defensively, offensively, in open gym where you see the flashes." Multiple sources pointed to one workout moment: Exum sprinted down the floor in one game, moved past the defense, and jumped off his injured knee to throw down a dunk.
    Can't see flashes getting you on the court with this team anymore though

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=41408879&nid...-possibilities

"If those three", referring to Exum, Burks, and Lyles, "can live up to their potential, the Jazz might be the team in the West with the best chance of matching up with the Warriors in the playoffs."
    Alec will be gone.

The lineup of long arms: George Hill, Dante Exum, Gordon Hayward, Derrick Favors, and Rudy Gobert
    How about just defenders since Hayward has short arms?

if you move Gobert outside, Favors can still play in the middle to swallow up shots.
    against certain line-ups probably. Favors hasn't shown he's a good enough rim protector though. If he was Rudy wouldn't be so important.

The spacing lineup: George Hill, Rodney Hood, Gordon Hayward, Joe Johnson, and Boris Diaw.
    The crazy thing here: the above lineup is a really, really good shooting lineup, right?
    Hood and Hayward are streaky.

Joe Ingles, who is probably the very best open jump shooter on the team.
    was. not now. Neto?

And Ingles, while a better outright shooter than Hood or Hayward, isn't the team's best defender, either.
    But better than Hood

The crazy passing lineup: Raul Neto, Dante Exum, Joe Ingles, Boris Diaw, and Rudy Gobert.
    Mack?

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=40760563&nid=294

But his mid-range game adds a more dangerous element. Last year, he shot 50.7 percent from 10-16 feet, a mark that was top-10 in the NBA and would have been first on the Jazz last season. His 47.4 percent mark from 3-10 feet is also excellent, and also would have led the team last year. Those shots aren't such good ones that you want to design an offense around them, but he can get the ball late in the shot clock and design a decent look for himself.
    they don't want mid range. Could have kept Burke if they did.