Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Whiteside in march: 30.1mpg 17.7ppg 12.8rpg 3.2bpg .607%fg .800%ft (on 6 attempts)

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    Before or after the 2014 finals?

I really do think Whiteside stays, but you never completely know what is happening behind the scenes. If he chooses to go elsewhere, so be it. If so, I trust Riley will use the cap space wisely.
    I think he is tolerating Spo and doing whatever he can to help but after this year he is going somewhere else. His patience has worn thin. He not only wants to be a starter but he wants to be the man.

Just a theory.

Decent college freshman

Default Re: Whiteside in march: 30.1mpg 17.7ppg 12.8rpg 3.2bpg .607%fg .800%ft (on 6 attempts)

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    He has more blocks than several teams. He won't and shouldn't win DPOY, but it's fair to say he's in the conversation. He will get some votes.
    Why not? I used to think he shouldn't be in the DPOY conversations earlier in the year but why not now? He's leading the league in blocks and block %. He's anchoring Miami to the 6th best defense and I remembered seeing he was leading tge League in Defensive Rating a week back.

I rule the local playground Mean Joe Bean's Avatar

Teams were still doing the "Hack-a-Whiteside" as recently as two or three months ago. Now he cant miss from the FT line. The progression with this guy is truly something to behold. And hes toned down the dumb comments too. Im a believer in the Heat culture. Why did Lebron leave? Ungrateful bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorP
    I think he is tolerating Spo and doing whatever he can to help but after this year he is going somewhere else. His patience has worn thin. He not only wants to be a starter but he wants to be the man.

Just a theory.
    A stupid theory, based on absolutely nothing.

Goddamn

And to think we drafted this guy and let him go

Couldn't have known

Can't wait to see Cousins v Whiteside

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    A stupid theory, based on absolutely nothing.
    Good. I am glad you think it's stupid. I would rather he stay in Miami but time will reveal all.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Joe Bean
    Teams were still doing the "Hack-a-Whiteside" as recently as two or three months ago. Now he cant miss from the FT line. The progression with this guy is truly something to behold. And hes toned down the dumb comments too. Im a believer in the Heat culture. Why did Lebron leave? Ungrateful bastard.
    Riley didn't kiss his ass, let him play GM and let his crew run wild. Those weren't the only reasons, but they played a major role.

The Holy Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorP

Just a theory.
    He could leave, but I don't think he'll find the same success anywhere else. He does have offensive skills, but his scoring output is still in large part dependent on spoon-feeds from Wade, Dragic, JJ, Deng etc. Not too many other teams have both have numerous playmakers and have one who executes lobs (the most important play that involves Hassan) with elite precision and instinct the way that Wade does.

And unless Durant signs, I believe Whiteside will eventually become the team's focal point, possibly as part of a one-two, inside-outside tandem with J-Rich, the SG of the future once Wade is gone. Those two, along with Winslow at SF, form a very promising nucleus for the Heat's next generation.
    Last edited by jrong; 03-30-2016 at 12:24 PM.

I was down on him before the All-Star Break, but he completely turned it around. You don't see somebody become a good FT and jump shooter that quickly in the middle of the season. He also seems more mature too.

Winslow, JRich, and Whiteside look like the future tandem of the Heat.