Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Back to Business

Default Re: If Curry doesn't get a unanimous MVP win this year,

who cares as long as he wins it??
    cp3 deserves a few votes....clippers should not be a top 4 seed without blake
    westbrook/kd...you know one of them gone finish in the top 5 of mvp votes
    LeBron is self explanatory
    lowry/derozan no one had the raptors being this good
    draymond deserves a vote or two

I think that's it

Quote Originally Posted by Kawhi
    Lets just wait and see if Curry can actually up his averages, like Shaq did.

why would the playoffs affect the MVP votes?

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    You know that there are writers who intentionally vote against unanimous MVPs on purpose, right?
    And they all hope they aren't the only one and look like fools the couple times there were only solo defectors.

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    why would the playoffs affect the MVP votes?

It was a reaction to your post saying ''16 Curry > 00 O'Neal''.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

16 Curry > 00 Shaq

Banned

Does Windhorst get an MVP vote? If so you can chalk one up for Bron

Quote Originally Posted by Riks
    And they all hope they aren't the only one and look like fools the couple times there were only solo defectors.
    Lebron James in 2013 missed it by one vote and the one voter was, of course, a Boston writer...I think it was Washburn at the Globe (a shitty paper regardless). He gave Carmelo his first place vote, I think.

He called into the Sports Hub with Felger and Mazz after it happened; I remember listening to the interview during my commute home that night. They gave him shit for voting just to be a spoiler. There were honest to God Boston Celtics fans calling in to say "Dude are you kidding? You make us all look like assholes doing this." Sure there were Boston-area fans who are strict Lebron haters who thought it was hilarious, but most of them are idiots.

Point is this: all Washburn said in his own defense was "I voted for who I thought was most valuable to his team this year." He gave not one single f*ck that he was the only guy who voted against Lebron, could not have cared less that he was That Guy everyone was mocking, and still has his job today.

So when it happens again this year, don't be shocked if some Cleveland beat writer who follows the Cavs does the same thing.

Why do people keep on bringing up 2013 LeBald in these discussions when Durant was clear cut the better player with the better season?

The only robbery was the fact that Durant didnt win

Quote Originally Posted by G0ATbe
    Why do people keep on bringing up 2013 LeBald in these discussions when Durant was clear cut the better player with the better season?

Because this isn't a discussion about who was the more deserving MVP that year. Its a discussion about why Steph Curry probably won't be unanimously voted in even if he is the clear-cut MVP.

16 Curry > 00 Shaq
    I'm a Shaq fan so I might be biased, but Curry is not better than 00 Shaq. Teams had like 4 throw away centers, just to stop him and he still was so hard to stopped.

Of course Curry is unstoppable right now and he's on that Shaq, Jordan level so far, but he needs to prolong that into the post season. The most dominant seasons so far have been those MVP sweep seasons or Hakeem's MVP/MVP/DPOY season and some more.

Just think about '14 Durant. He was unreal and basically did what Curry did so far this season at the same point, BUT the stinker - for his standards - in the playoffs killed any MDE style season talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    MDE Shaq and Curry are at the same level of unstoppableness IMO.

And I am a massive Laker and Shaq fan saying that.

If Curry wins a title this year, he is also worthy of adapting the MDE acronym.

Curry is virtually unguardable and unstoppable in single coverage and if you throw a double at him he will easily pass out of it, or even dribble through it with his elite handles and quickness.
    Quit being a prisoner of the moment, I like you as a poster but Curry isn't unguardable, if he was he wouldn't of got defended so well in the finals and lost out on a finals mvp. Prime Kobe and Prime Jordan are the only unguardable players ever. Where there is no player that can contain them and the opposing coach has to scheme a whole damn team to stop them. Shaq was the most dominant in the sense that he physically imposed his prowess and no one could do anything about it. He and Wilt make that tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive
    I'm a Shaq fan so I might be biased, but Curry is not better than 00 Shaq. Teams had like 4 throw away centers, just to stop him and he still was so hard to stopped.

Of course Curry is unstoppable right now and he's on that Shaq, Jordan level so far, but he needs to prolong that into the post season. The most dominant seasons so far have been those MVP sweep seasons or Hakeem's MVP/MVP/DPOY season and some more.

Just think about '14 Durant. He was unreal and basically did what Curry did so far this season at the same point, BUT the stinker - for his standards - in the playoffs killed any MDE style season talk.
    Once you get into defense that is what truly separates them...00 was Shaqs best defensive year...he was 2nd in DPOY to Zo that season. Curry's impact defensively doesn't even sniff Shaqs in 2000. The overall impact goes to Shaq pretty easily because of this.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by G0ATbe

Why do YOU keep bringing it up?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive

'14 Durant doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as '00 Shaq and '16 Curry.

Shaq's defense wasn't great in 2000. Good man post defense but mediocre help defense and poor in the pick and roll. DPOY votes are bullshit as we saw DeAndre Jordan get tons of votes last year when Leonard and Green were way way better candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    '14 Durant doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as '00 Shaq and '16 Curry.

Shaq's defense wasn't great in 2000. Good man post defense but mediocre help defense and poor in the pick and roll. DPOY votes are bullshit as we saw DeAndre Jordan get tons of votes last year when Leonard and Green were way way better candidates.
    If you truly believe that then you know less about basketball than I already imagined...idiot. Only a moron would call his help/weakside defense mediocre that season...a moron and someone who is a goddamn teenager and didnt' even watch the 2000 lakers ie you.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 02-29-2016 at 06:06 PM.