Default Did we all misunderstand Phil Jackson?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAotAfvcgSo

Fast forward to 17:45

Notice how similar the game winners are? Mahmoud's shot was longer, but maybe that's what he was talking about, a clutch game winning 3 from waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out is what he was comparing.

And tbh, their playing style's are very similar, I wouldn't be surprised if Kerr was giving him tape to study. Phil isn't saying they are at the same level of skill (which we will never know what level that was for Mahmoud since he was exiled), but this is imo the most comparable player to Curry. Watch some videos on this guy, he was a monster when he was in Denver.

If interested, the video posted in this thread is a really good one and gives good insight on what happened in his career.

Default Re: Did we all misunderstand Phil Jackson?

They were comparing Curry and Kyrie to him a few years ago also. I don't know how many actually really watched dude, and actually saw the potential if in the right system.

http://www.sbnation.com/2014/3/25/55...ational-anthem

Default Re: Did we all misunderstand Phil Jackson?

No we all didn't.
    Many have read his books (including me) and understand his personality.
    He just does things to create a stir sometimes.
    All he did was say Curry reminds him of Chris Jackson. Anyone who watched Chris Jackson, knows they have some similarities, while CJ is obviously not as good overall.

If people took it as he mean't CJ was as good as SC, then they are stupid. But he just writes it in a particular way to stir up the stupid press.