WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default 2015 Warriors vs. 2016 Warriors

What's the difference between the 2? It seems to me that they have more or less the same team as last year, yet have infinite more confidence (swagger?) as well as Stephen making a meteoric jump from an already MVP season the year before. What are the main differences from this year's team from last year's?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: 2015 Warriors vs. 2016 Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by WayOfWade
    What's the difference between the 2? It seems to me that they have more or less the same team as last year, yet have infinite more confidence (swagger?) as well as Stephen making a meteoric jump from an already MVP season the year before. What are the main differences from this year's team from last year's?
    Warriors are probably better this year because of the improvements of Curry & Green as players. I will say the defense and bench was more consistent last season.

Bench is a little worse, but a lot the individual players improved making the team better as a whole

Curry is playing like a guy who now fully understands his situation individually, his potential as a player. In 2015 he wasn't this refined as a playmaker, shotmaker, decision maker, finisher, etc. He's improved every single aspect of his game by a bit but it adds up to a substantial overall improvement. Not to mention his confidence right now is as high as I've ever seen a player, I have never seen a guy with such insane self belief in his ability to be taking and making 30, 35, 40 foot bombs regularly. Just crazy confidence, you combine that confidence and aggressiveness with his improvements mentally and skill-wise and you have the alien we saw yesterday.

I'd say a similar thing is happening with Green as well. Dude knows what it takes to be great, and he's building off that.