Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Greatest back-to-back regular season games?

Quote Originally Posted by CAstill
    I have wilt in high regards as well but tell me why you have him over bird? He's in the Jordan and Kobe family for a reason.
    Cause he score like them. Don't nobody score like kobe and Wilt and Jordan did.
    Kobe had 4 straight 50 point games. Think about THAT. I think Wilt had 3.
    That ain't easy. People are excited about Curry and rightfully so but folks can't be forgetting that we've seen even higher levels of scoring only a decade ago.
    That's why they the greats.

What do you have as your top 3, if you don't mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by Lakersfamftw
    That ain't easy. People are excited about Curry and rightfully so but folks can't be forgetting that we've seen even higher levels of scoring only a decade ago.

It changes daily it seems but the only thing that stays the same is Jordan and Kobe at 1 and 2. I feel like based on skill and domination of equal competition, Bird rightfully owns the third spot. He barely edges out magic who had the better career.

Jordan
    Kobe
    Bird
    Magic
    Shaq
    Wilt
    Kareem
    Duncan
    LeBron
    Russell

That's my top 10 today lol

That ain't easy
    . People are excited about Curry and rightfully so but folks can't be forgetting that we've seen even higher levels of scoring only a decade ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...lt_Chamberlain

Wilt holds the top-4 records in terms of consecutive 50+ point games, with separate streaks of 7, 6, 5, and 5.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...lt_Chamberlain

Wilt holds the top-4 records in terms of consecutive 50+ point games, with separate streaks of 7, 6, 5, and 5.
    He may do so but as the sensible poster above you stated, Kobe and Jordan are (atleast for us) top 2 because they played in a more consistent competitive era.
    Wilt was great but I don't believe that playing against white guys who dribble with one hand is the same as the challenges Kobe and Jordan faced. Mind you I still have him 3rd all time. But Kobe just edges him for me.

He may do so but as the sensible poster above you stated, Kobe and Jordan are (atleast for us) top 2 because they played in a more consistent competitive era.
    Wilt was great but I don't believe that playing against white guys who dribble with one hand is the same as the challenges Kobe and Jordan faced. Mind you I still have him 3rd all time. But Kobe just edges him for me.
    Hmmm...

Wilt faced these "white guys" in his NBA career... (in addition to Dave Cowens and Clyde Lovellette mind you)...

Willis Reed, Wes Unseld, Elvin Hayes, Bob McAdoo, Bob Lanier, Nate Thurmond, Artis Gilmore (yes, in the 71-72 NBA/ABA ASG), Bill Russell, and Kareem Abdul Jabbar.

ALL in the HOF.

As for white guys dribbling with one hand...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qv0YS1wHoQ

That "white guy" was playing college ball in the 60's.
    Last edited by LAZERUSS; 02-29-2016 at 03:54 AM.

Banned

Hmmm...

Wilt faced these "white guys" in his NBA career... (in addition to Dave Cowens and Clyde Lovellette mind you)...

Willis Reed, Wes Unseld, Elvin Hayes, Bob McAdoo, Bob Lanier, Nate Thurmond, Artis Gilmore (yes, in the 71-72 NBA/ABA ASG), Bill Russell, and Kareem Abdul Jabbar.

ALL in the HOF.

Your cherry picking a few people. Bob cousin (one of the best Celtics players. A legend at the time) could only dribble with one hand delivered. Kareem came later and destroyed Wilt. McAdoo wasn't exactly elite. Nate came later.
    I'm talking during the 60's. During the 60's most people were slower and shorter and less skilled. That's who Wilt faced.
    When Wilt faced Nate and kareem in the 70's he only averaged 22 ppg and you are comparing him to Kobe.

It seems that you are a Wilt fan. But atleast TRY to appear unbiased. Swap him and Kobe in eras tell me who would dominate more?
    For me Wilt don't win nothing in the modern era. I'm sorry but that's just a joke.

Hmmm...

ALL in the HOF.

No no no, Wilt was the man and put to shame Russell, Kareem, Thurmond, and plenty other great players that weren't short white guys. I already know the argument, his range ability is what kicks him out the top 3, that and a slight degree of under accomplishments for team translation, not under performing because we know his team blew a couple titles for him but you gotta suck it up and overcome anyways though.
    Last edited by CAstill; 02-29-2016 at 04:06 AM.

Banned

No no no, Wilt was the man and put to shame Russell, Kareem, Thurmond, and plenty other great players that weren't short white guys. I already know the argument, his range ability is what kicks him out the top 3, that and a slight degree of under accomplishments for team translation, not under preforming because we know his team blew a couple titles for him but you gotta suckered it up and overcome anyways though.
    Wilt didn't dominate kareem though. Look ay Wilt in the 70's. Kareem held him scoreless in a game. And Wilt only score 22 ppg against kareem in the 70's.
    I'm the playoffs he averaged 22 a game. This boy is comparing that to Kobe. This ain't even funny. It's just Staughton trolling.
    Can you imagine Kobe against scrub one handed dribble white guys?

Wilt didn't dominate kareem though. Look ay Wilt in the 70's. Kareem held him scoreless in a game. And Wilt only score 22 ppg against kareem in the 70's.
    I'm the playoffs he averaged 22 a game. This boy is comparing that to Kobe. This ain't even funny. It's just Staughton trolling.
    Can you imagine Kobe against scrub one handed dribble white guys?
    No, I agree that Kobe would annihilate. If I remember correctly though old wilt was more defensively focused than offensively oriented. Im pretty sure he defended prime Kareem very well while still dropping over 20 on him. Not bad for old man wilt.

Banned

No, I agree that Kobe would annihilate. If I remember correctly though old wilt was more defensively focused than offensively oriented. Im pretty sure he defended prime Kareem very well while still dropping over 20 on him. Not bad for old man wilt.
    As long as we agree he ain't nothing on kobe

As long as we agree he ain't nothing on kobe

Quote Originally Posted by Odinn
    And then I tried this for Michael Jordan...
    69-70th games of 1989-90 season;
    59.0 ppg / 15.0 rpg / 5.0 apg / 4.5 spg / 1.5 bpg on .693 ts / 53.7 GmSc
    /thread.

Jordan again:
    Game 80 and 81 of the 1987 season:
    56 points per game, 10 rebounds per game, 3 assists per game, 4 steals per game, 2 blocks per game

NBA Superstar

So freaking WHAT. He didn't have 3 seasons ending injuries. He isn't playing with no acchiles.
    And it's against the early 2000 east. Don't make me laugh.
    Kobe isn't playing with no achilles.

It was two games against the east. One of which had a top 5 defense and made the finals that year and the year after.

And people wonder why Kobe gets hated on.

Your cherry picking a few people. Bob cousin (one of the best Celtics players. A legend at the time) could only dribble with one hand delivered. Kareem came later and destroyed Wilt. McAdoo wasn't exactly elite. Nate came later.
    I'm talking during the 60's. During the 60's most people were slower and shorter and less skilled. That's who Wilt faced.
    When Wilt faced Nate and kareem in the 70's he only averaged 22 ppg and you are comparing him to Kobe.

It seems that you are a Wilt fan. But atleast TRY to appear unbiased. Swap him and Kobe in eras tell me who would dominate more?
    For me Wilt don't win nothing in the modern era. I'm sorry but that's just a joke.
    Please do some REAL RESEARCH before making ridiculous claims.

How about this for a start...

https://news.google.com/newspapers?n...,5098849&hl=en

And then this...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../gamelog/1970/

Look carefully at those game logs in that 69-70 season.

You will notice a gap of 70 games. See my first link above.

BTW, look at the game on 10-24-1969.

In that game, Chamberlain outscored Kareem (Alcindor), 25-23; outrebounded Kareem, 25-20; outassisted Kareem, 5-2; outblocked Kareem, 3-2 (BTW, he blocked TWO of his "unblockable skyhooks); and outshot Kareem from the floor, 9-14 to 9-21.

That was their ONLY meeting, in their 28 career H2H's, in which a pre-surgery Wilt faced Kareem.

Oh, in the '71 WCF's, a way-past-his-prime Wilt battled a peak Kareem to a draw. In fact, in those five games, Wilt basically held a 3-1-1 edge.

And in the '72 WCF's, and despite being outscored by Kareem, virtually EVERY acct claimed that Wilt outplayed Kareem in that series. Time Magazine went so far as to claim that Wilt DECISIVELY outplayed Kareem in that series.

And another thing...in their last ten H2H games, Chamberlain held KAJ to an overall .434 FG%.