Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Default Re: Greatest back-to-back regular season games?

Kobe Bryant 06 - 59 ppg on 51% fg

Kobe in 07 had a 4 game stretch of 56 ppg

2003 9 game stretch of 44 ppg

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    But Curry is better than Jordan now. Kids
    48.5 ppg on 88 TS% is better than that (yep, 88 TS%...not a typo).

Sorry.

Without even mentioning the clutch 12 OT points and the game winner.

This is just 2 games though, which doesn't prove much.

Decent college freshman

Wade 08-09: 2/28/09-3/02/09: 43.5/7.5/9.5/5.5/2.5 shooting 54%, 63.7% TS%.
    Last edited by Wade's Rings; 02-28-2016 at 10:50 PM.

Kyrie last year back to back games against San Antonio and Orlando

45 ppg 68 percent shooting 92 percent from three (12-13) 87 percent from free throw line 2.5 steals 4.5 assists

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    48.5 ppg on 88 TS% is better than that (yep, 88 TS%...not a typo).

Sorry.
    Even with Jordan's +10.5 points, +10 rebounds, +3.5 steals, and +1 or more blocks?

All because of TS%? Being super efficient isn't everything. There are other aspects to the game. Jordan's numbers trump Curry's.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Odinn
    I don't have exact efficiency numbers but Moses Malone had a great b2b with 53/23 and 45/20 in February 1982. In fact, Moses averaged 38/17 for the entire month. Wonder what would have happened if the internet was around the time.

Also there are b2b games of Bird with 46/11/6, Magic with 33/11/15, Hakeem with 40/16/6/4/4, Shaq with 44/21/3/5 (in the playoffs).

I mean get your sh.ts straight fellas. It's not like that we hadn't seen an all-time great before doing some business.
    The way Curry has been doing is unique and deserves admiration. Sure. Noone arguing against that. But let's not go overboard.
    I hear you man. But the flip side is also true. When a guy like this shows up we all need to go right overboard.

It is really really rare.

I mean look at it from this perspective; I've been waiting 43 years now for a guy to show up who was greater than Wilt Chamberlain. It's still never happened. Jabbar at his best was just as good.... but better no. It's still never been done.

So when a guy like this shows up, literally warps the entire league, yeah we need to jump over the side, just do a real swan dive

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    I hear you man. But the flip side is also true. When a guy like this shows up we all need to go right overboard.

It is really really rare.

I mean look at it from this perspective; I've been waiting 43 years now for a guy to show up who was greater than Wilt Chamberlain. It's still never happened. Jabbar at his best was just as good.... but better no. It's still never been done.

So when a guy like this shows up, literally warps the entire league, yeah we need to jump over the side, just do a real swan dive
    Yeah. Like I said, Curry has a unique way of doing this stuff. I agree. And people can be hyped up with that. What I meant with "let's not go overboard" was there's no need to overlook what other all-time greats had done. When you get hyped up, it's not a necessity that you're hyped up about the best XXX in the history. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    Curry's 51 point game against Orlando was the most efficient 50 point game of all time. I looked that up the day after and even made a thread about it, here: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=399338

So, that was already historical.

And then we got the game last night, which very similar with similar efficiency.

So...I doubt you'll find anything better. You might find two back to back games with higher scoring, but the efficiency (TS% is the best measure of that) will pale in comparison. I guarantee it. And I don't even have to look.
    I'm not sure what the efficiency number is but kyrie had a higher shooting percentage and better 3 point percentage than the two games posted for curry. 68 percent field goals and 92 percent from 3. He made 12 straight 3s from the spurs game to the magic game.

Chamberlain hung two games, in two consecutive nights, of 73-36, and then 62-28, against HOFers Bellamy and Russell. On a combined 56-93 from the floor, and 23-35 from the line.

A two game average (again, a true back-to-back, and not back-to-back games over a 3 day span), against two of the greatest centers in NBA history, of...

67.5 ppg, 32.0 rpg, .602 FG%, and .657 FT%.

Michael Jordan

48.0 PPG, 8.5 RPG, 5.5 APG, 3.0 SPG, 53%

......at the age of 38.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Magic 32
    Kobe Bryant 2006-07 (Game 66 and 67)

57.5 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 3.0 apg, 3.0 spg, 54.1 FG%

Blazers game (game 1)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpWAyV-S7P0

Wolves game (game 2)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3lFHij-Sc8
    This. For me,it's this. Kobe had probably 2 or 3 stretches that season better than anyone who's played. Anyone who watched him some Kobe knows this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    Michael Jordan

48.0 PPG, 8.5 RPG, 5.5 APG, 3.0 SPG, 53%

......at the age of 38.
    So freaking WHAT. He didn't have 3 seasons ending injuries. He isn't playing with no acchiles.
    And it's against the early 2000 east. Don't make me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakersfamftw
    This. For me,it's this. Kobe had probably 2 or 3 stretches that season better than anyone who's played. Anyone who watched him some Kobe knows this.

The truth here but not sure why you're bashing Jordan? He's the GOAT for real.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CAstill
    The truth here but not sure why you're bashing Jordan? He's the GOAT for real.

Arguable. I have Jordan Kobe and Wilt as my top 3. I believe that Wilt may have benefited from playing in a less athletic era and Jordan benefited in a watered down league with no perimeter elite wing players. I think if you swap eras Kobe would have won him 6 or 7. I don't thing there's much in it.
    Kobe has more range though - that ain't arguable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakersfamftw
    Arguable. I have Jordan Kobe and Wilt as my top 3. I believe that Wilt may have benefited from playing in a less athletic era and Jordan benefited in a watered down league with no perimeter elite wing players. I think if you swap eras Kobe would have won him 6 or 7. I don't thing there's much in it.
    Kobe has more range though - that ain't arguable.
    I have wilt in high regards as well but tell me why you have him over bird? He's in the Jordan and Kobe family for a reason.