Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    "3 is greater than 2" CuterThanRubio's Avatar

Default Re: so... is most 3s made in 1 season the hardest record to break now?

Quote Originally Posted by IllegalD
    No way is Kwahi a better shooter than Larry Legend.

Igoudala also has a finals MVP which shows how much of a joke that award is in proving anything.
    Three point shooter, not overall.

Igoudala may have been gifted an award because people needed some type of excuse for LeBron's shortcomings during the series, but you can't tell me Kawhi didn't earn his legitimately.

He's already proven to be one of the best perimeter defenders ever, and he has developed a very steady outside shot to bolster his arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by CuterThanRubio
    He is making more and shooting a better percentage, I'm pretty sure that means he is better at shooting threes.
    His stats are better only because of the era with it's focus on three point shooting and spacing. Put prime Bird in this era and see what he shoots from three.

Three point shooting in the 80s wasn't a priority. The game has really changed in that regard.

Kawhi Leonard a better three point shooter than Bird. SMH. Never thought I would hear that.

It's like in the NFL arguing that some good QB or receiver is better than their counterpart in the 80s because they put up better stats. Maybe they put up better stats because the NFL changed into a passing league that protects receivers and QBs.
    Last edited by Marchesk; 02-29-2016 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    5-47
    This will stand forever

Quote Originally Posted by Gileraracer
    This will stand forever
    But won't Bran break that?

Stockton's alltime assists record

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

No one will ever beat Stockton's records.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    The 3 point shot has been around for almost 50 years, and Steph has the top three (no pun) totals for a season. It took half a century to find a deadly shooter like this.
    You count ABA ? In NBA it is from 36 years ...

38,387 Kareem

15-1 Kobe

"3 is greater than 2" CuterThanRubio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    His stats are better only because of the era with it's focus on three point shooting and spacing. Put prime Bird in this era and see what he shoots from three.

Three point shooting in the 80s wasn't a priority. The game has really changed in that regard.

Kawhi Leonard a better three point shooter than Bird. SMH. Never thought I would hear that.

It's like in the NFL arguing that some good QB or receiver is better than their counterpart in the 80s because they put up better stats. Maybe they put up better stats because the NFL changed into a passing league that protects receivers and QBs.

Guarding three pointers wasn't a priority, either.

I bet you most of Bird's threes were open by at least a foot of space, while Kawhi can't just decide to jack one up out of the blue because his defender has hands down waiting for the drive followed by an eventual post up.

Hmm, Just looked for a clip and I found evidence to support my claim within SECONDS.

I'm right and you are wrong, Bird caught people sleeping most of the time with his threes, its not like he was manufacturing them on purpose and if he was well defended it wasn't even an option for him. You think a guy would be shooting better than 37% career since he only took open shots...

Last edited by Blue&Orange; 02-29-2016 at 05:45 PM.