Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Curry vs peak Jordan 1 on 1

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    why would he fade away? he could legit just back down Curry and dunk every time.
    Because he's not shaq and his turn around on smaller players was automatic, did you even watch Jordan? He's more likely to post up and baseline spin to dunk, not back down and dunk over him.

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    and he's still losing to curry.
    You're an idiot.

This isn't a game of HORSE, DPOY Jordan is gonna be on Curry's grill 30 ft out. Curry isn't quick enough nor atrong or big enough to get past Jordan to the hole. Curry is gonna have to launch contested 3s with Jordan all up on his face. Chances are that Jordan will block more of the shots Curry chucks than he makes

Then when Jordan has the ball, he can back Curry all the way to the hole and dunk on every possession.

It's no contest, in a team game, Curry could get his shot off moving off the ball and moving through screens, in 1 v 1, it's way different.

Jordan would beat him every time, easily too.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    You're an idiot.

This isn't a game of HORSE, DPOY Jordan is gonna be on Curry's grill 30 ft out. Curry isn't quick enough nor atrong or big enough to get past Jordan to the hole. Curry is gonna have to launch contested 3s with Jordan all up on his face. Chances are that Jordan will block more of the shots Curry chucks than he makes

Then when Jordan has the ball, he can back Curry all the way to the hole and dunk on every possession.

It's no contest, in a team game, Curry could get his shot off moving off the ball and moving through screens, in 1 v 1, it's way different.

Yes he is.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Curry would have to shoot contested 3s. And imagine Stephan in an island against Bron

Let's ask Jason Terry and kawhi Leonard how that went for bron ..

But I agree mj would win because he's much quicker and could lock curry down.

Quote Originally Posted by G0ATbe
    And so the myth of Jordan being some sort of all time great defender continues I see . It's easy to look decent on D when you got the 2 best defenders of that era backing you up.
    This moron

Jordan won DPOY when Pip was a rookie and way before he became his Robin. Rodman wasn't a teammate either until almost a decade later you blithering idiot.
    Last edited by TheMan; 02-28-2016 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols

Let's ask Jason Terry and kawhi Leonard how that went for bron ..

But I agree mj would win because he's much quicker and could lock curry down.
    We're talking about 1 v 1 though.

Jason Terry 1 v 1 against Bron has zero chance at beating him.

Kawhi has a better chance but prime LBJ >>> any version of KL so far. Prime Bron still beats Leonard in a 1 v 1 but he'd challenge him more than Curry or Terry, obviously.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

People who create these kinds of threads have absolutely no idea that 1 v 1 is very different than team basketball. They also very obviously never watched prime Jordan to even fathom that current Curry could give prime Jordan a challenge

You don't even have to go back that far, as others here posted, prime Kobe, Wade and Durant would thrash him. Hell, prime LeBron would destroy him. These guy are strong, bigger and Curry isn't quick enough to get past them. Curry would have to shoot contested 3s. And imagine Stephan in an island against Bron

Yeah, Curry is such a great shooter that he'd hit some awesome shots but all Bron would have to do is post him up or get a head of steam and roll Curry like a 12 year old playing an adult

Curry is on a GOAT shooting streak but his game is made for team basketball (absolutely nothing wrong with that, it is a team game), he moves without the ball, he creates for his teammates, he's sneaky quick and can get to the hoop if his opponant overplays him but in a 1 v 1 against the GOAT players mentioned, he's getting brutally fisted, dry and hard

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wdi1c5noDs

You're an idiot.

lol

feelings.... nothing more than..... feelings.....

NBA lottery pick

There's no guard in the history of the NBA that could beat Jordan 1 on 1.

Peak Kobe Bryant would have the best chance, but even he would lose to Jordan. It would be close though.

Curry has 0% chance vs peak Jordan in a 1 on 1. This thread comical.

Like the other guy said, people seem to forget that Jordan's defense was also on another level. He's one of the best defensive guards of all time.

As I said earlier, Jordan's skill set is perfect for 1 on 1. Curry wouldn't know what hit him.
    Last edited by Foster5k; 02-28-2016 at 07:16 PM.

College superstar

Man... so many people in this thread have already stated that, and why, Jordan would ruin Curry.

I don't want to discount what Curry is doing, but he could NOT do this on any other team. I'm not, at all, saying he's a product of the system; the dude is historically good and talented. But if he was on any team other than the Warriors or Spurs, he'd be just another star.

Curry is, straight up, a team basketball player. Perfect era, perfect team for him to shine. He would get beat by any all time great guard/wing. Pippen, Jordan, West, Wade, Kobe, Oscar, Magic, Isiah, Sid... they'd all beat him.

Curry needs separation, and without teammates setting picks to worry about, plus no teammates to whom Curry can pass, or help out if Curry's man beats him? Come on now.

lol

feelings.... nothing more than..... feelings.....
    Common sense, bruh.

It's as if you've never played 1 v 1 and team basketball.

It's totally different.

Curry has the long distance shooting advantage over Jordan...that's it.

MJ is bigger, quicker, faster, stronger, better defender (not even a contest), post up game, midrange etc.

Jordan could contest every shot Curry takes, MJ could use his size and strenght to either shoot over Curry or get layups/dunks whenever he wants.

KD is a much better matchup vs MJ than Curry (hopefully I don't need to explain why ).

Common sense, bruh.

It's as if you've never played 1 v 1 and team basketball.

It's totally different.

Curry has the long distance shooting advantage over Jordan...that's it.

MJ is bigger, quicker, faster, stronger, better defender (not even a contest), post up game, midrange etc.

Jordan could contest every shot Curry takes, MJ could use his size and strenght to either shoot over Curry or get layups/dunks whenever he wants.

KD is a much better matchup vs MJ than Curry (hopefully I don't need to explain why ).
    I guess you better explain it then.
    Because to me Michael Jordan would waste Durant. It would be pure annihilation.

Chances of Curry slowing down MJ? Zilch.
    Chances of MJ slowing down Curry? Much higher.

No defender in the history of mankind can slow down MJ one on one.MJ was doubled and triple teamed for the vast majority of his career and still became the GOAT. When he's facing you from the triple threat position, you are truly at his mercy. MJ is taller, stronger, faster, quicker, longer, can jump higher, is more explosive and the better all around offensive player. Not to mention a GOAT level defender, especially his on the ball D, which 1 on 1 is about.

MJ would embarrass Curry in most games. I can see Curry possibly winning a few here there when his shot is just lights out and he loses MJ a couple of times with his fancy dribbling but for the most part, MJ rapes Curry.

I guess you better explain it then.
    Because to me Michael Jordan would waste Durant. It would be pure annihilation.
    KD is the type of guy who would hold up well against almost anyone in history in 1 on 1 because of his natural size advantage along with his ability to score at will. Height, length, size, etc all matter in 1 on 1 because many times, it becomes a game of just backing down the other guy and taking 5-8 footers. No shot clock, no double, no help, that's the smart thing to do.

I would give KD a much better chance at beating MJ 1 on 1 than Curry.

Kobe and jordan are better suited for 1on1 curry is better in a team setup, lebron is better at airballs. different beasts