Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Curry vs peak Jordan 1 on 1

There's been more sense in this thread than I thought there'd be straight up

Jordan takes it quite easily. That post up back down to turn around fade away from mid range over the top of curry is going to demoralize him. Exact same results with Kobe.

NBA lottery pick

If Curry chucks 10 3s from 32 feet and makes 7 out of 10 while Jordan makes 10/10 2s Curry wins 21 to 20.

Quote Originally Posted by CAstill
    Jordan takes it quite easily. That post up back down to turn around fade away from mid range over the top of curry is going to demoralize him. Exact same results with Kobe.
    why would he fade away? he could legit just back down Curry and dunk every time.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ca$H
    2s count as 2s and 3s count as 3s. No make it take it. Alternate possessions. 10 minute game. I think Curry could actually win. MJ would score on every possession but it would be mostly 2s. If Curry is on fire from 3 like he has been these last few games Curry would beat him.
    if that's the case of course Curry wins easily. this is assuming actual foul rules, not streetball.

jordan can back him down all he wants or do whatever and no curry isn't stopping him so what? it doesn't matter jordan wasn't good at 3s.

3-2
    6-4
    9-6
    12-8
    15-10

I mean that's easy to figure... even for ish.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    why would he fade away? he could legit just back down Curry and dunk every time.
    and he's still losing to curry.

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    if that's the case of course Curry wins easily. this is assuming actual foul rules, not streetball.

jordan can back him down all he wants or do whatever and no curry isn't stopping him so what? it doesn't matter jordan wasn't good at 3s.

3-2
    6-4
    9-6
    12-8
    15-10

I mean that's easy to figure... even for ish.
    In what universe AMC shoots 100% 3PT, with GOAT perimeter defender on him, no less? While MJ dunking every attempt on Curry can actually get to (or near) 100% FG.

Russel Wilson = GOAT Johnny Jones's Avatar

Curry is getting lucky. Hes not actually this good. All luck

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Harison
    In what universe AMC shoots 100% 3PT, with GOAT perimeter defender on him, no less? While MJ dunking every attempt on Curry can actually get to (or near) 100% FG.
    Curry would have to chuck long 3s from 30 feet out. I think he can go 7/10 from 30 feet while MJ goes 10/10 on 2s. If MJ plays tight defense 30 feet away then Curry can blow by him for a layup. They can exchange 2s if that is the way MJ wants to play. When there is 2 minutes left in the game Curry can decide to start chucking some from half court if MJ plays tight defense from half court Curry can just blow by him and pull up for some regular 3s.

I rule the local playground

Curry is making 41.1% of his threes right now with his man 2-4 feet away. He would need 18 attempts against MJ to win at that rate. MJ only needs 11 shots to beat Curry if he just backs him down every time.

So no, Curry isn't going to beat him raining threes.

Banned

Please stop this JOrdan/Curry comparison. Jesus Christ guys, come on. Jordan would destroy Curry 1 vs. 1 and as a team player. Curry spams regular season 3's, but gets shut down in the finals and gets 0 fmvp votes. LeBron destroyed Curry so badly he wound up with more votes on the losing team.

Jordan was dominant on both ends, for almost his whole career. Curry has had two great regular seasons, and only one offensively that compares with Jordan. (mainly because Curry has a team surrounded by players that perfectly fit his style)

You buffoons live in the moment. Curry routinely gets dominated by KD/LeBron... and Jordan would destroy him too

Warriors might be the best team ever, but Curry isn't close to being the best player ever. **** you idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Ca$H
    Curry would have to chuck long 3s from 30 feet out. I think he can go 7/10 from 30 feet while MJ goes 10/10 on 2s. If MJ plays tight defense 30 feet away then Curry can blow by him for a layup. They can exchange 2s if that is the way MJ wants to play. When there is 2 minutes left in the game Curry can decide to start chucking some from half court if MJ plays tight defense from half court Curry can just blow by him and pull up for some regular 3s.
    this kid is shooting 50% from over 30 feet

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Jordan would ruin him.

Guys like Durant and Blake Griffin would ruin both him and Curry.

Those long, big, athletic 3's and 4's dominate 1 on 1's. Prime Garnett would have destroyed most all time greats in 1 on 1's but he has never remotely come close to being that go to scorer on a team.
    Yeah, this. Curry would struggle to create enough space with a long, quick and athletic defender on him, and no screens to help free him up.

And so the myth of Jordan being some sort of all time great defender continues I see . It's easy to look decent on D when you got the 2 best defenders of that era backing you up.

People who create these kinds of threads have absolutely no idea that 1 v 1 is very different than team basketball. They also very obviously never watched prime Jordan to even fathom that current Curry could give prime Jordan a challenge

You don't even have to go back that far, as others here posted, prime Kobe, Wade and Durant would thrash him. Hell, prime LeBron would destroy him. These guy are strong, bigger and Curry isn't quick enough to get past them. Curry would have to shoot contested 3s. And imagine Stephan in an island against Bron

Yeah, Curry is such a great shooter that he'd hit some awesome shots but all Bron would have to do is post him up or get a head of steam and roll Curry like a 12 year old playing an adult

Curry is on a GOAT shooting streak but his game is made for team basketball (absolutely nothing wrong with that, it is a team game), he moves without the ball, he creates for his teammates, he's sneaky quick and can get to the hoop if his opponant overplays him but in a 1 v 1 against the GOAT players mentioned, he's getting brutally fisted, dry and hard