Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I've never seen a president "ruin" this country. Sorry.

Seen 4 come and go. Don't care which one you mention, Bush, Clinton, Bush, or Obama.

None "ruined" anything about my life. Why do people get so dramatic about "OMG WORST PRESIDENT EVER!" and shit, like - calm down, are presidents you don't like going to be your scape goat for everything bad in your life? Most people already make up their mind whether they like or dislike a president before that president even goes into office. And if they dislike them, their term is automatically "worst ever" by the end of it. Everyone needs to settle down this country has been relatively stable for literally my entire life. No recent president has 'destroyed' this great nation.

Inb4

"OBAMA RUINED IT"

"BUSH RUINED IT"

blah blah blah

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Default Re: I've never seen a president "ruin" this country. Sorry.

But small businesses and home owners get affected by governments

Don't you have a missing part to the thread name??

..."ruin this country like Obama"?

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Don't you have a missing part to the thread name??

..."ruin this country like Obama"?

People said the same thing about Bush. Same shit, different people. All of it overly dramatic BS. This country is still in one piece isn't it? Life goes on in the U.S. still pretty much the same as it was going on 15 years ago isn't it? Policies and shit change, but not by leaps and bounds, I feel like everyone overreacts and exaggerates the changes of hand in presidency.

You don't perceive anything being ruined because you have no specific perspective interest

It's all about perspective and interests

It might not be ruined for you because you are rich and wealthy and probably have your head in the sand to many issues (granted, everyone does in regards to something)

So your perspective is neither wrong or right. Accurate? Probably not. You are a pathological centrist so I'd doubt you'd have any strong opinions one way or another on anything not regarding Wilt

Im pretty sure Obama is the anti christ

I'm down with HRC

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    i live a healthy lifestyle and don't get sick, i shouldn't have to buy insurance.
    And when that car hits you? And you now have tens of thousands of dollars of medical treatment awaiting you should the hospital just turn you aside?

Banned

Clinton won't ruin the country, but she'll drive us full-steam in to a war vs Iran, which will ruin many people in the country's lives.

I'm down with HRC

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Clinton won't ruin the country, but she'll drive us full-steam in to a war vs Iran, which will ruin many people in the country's lives.
    you can spend your time spouting shit off, or you could look into her see what she did that helped the Iran deal come off before she left office and why she supports the Iran deal

Who on the GOP sides supports diplomacy like this?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FillJackson
    you can spend your time spouting shit off, or you could look into her see what she did that helped the Iran deal come off before she left office and why she supports the Iran deal

Who on the GOP sides supports diplomacy like this?
    I don't know, I don't follow them. Hopefully the GOPs don't want war with Iran as much as Hillary.

I know that Hillary is hellbent for war with Iran. I can tell when she speaks about Iran in the debates and townhall meetings, and also by looking at her past voting record and public interactions with Iranian politicians in the past.

#WebbNation2016

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    You don't perceive anything being ruined because you have no specific perspective interest

It's all about perspective and interests

It might not be ruined for you because you are rich and wealthy and probably have your head in the sand to many issues (granted, everyone does in regards to something)

So your perspective is neither wrong or right. Accurate? Probably not. You are a pathological centrist so I'd doubt you'd have any strong opinions one way or another on anything not regarding Wilt
    Wish I was rich, I'm more on the poor end of the spectrum. I wonder if the opposite of what you said about wealth is true, perhaps if I was wealthier I'd notice more changes between presidential changes. Then again, I'm still not sure I would.

I believe the reason I hold this view has nothing to do with my wealth. It has to do with my understanding of history. Countries that change hands of dictators and political systems are the countries that undergo dramatic political change. The changing of the president? It's almost a formality in the grand scheme of things where things within the country stay relatively the same and progress naturally on their own almost regardless of which political candidate gets elected. I've never seen a president ruin this country and on that same note I've never seen one change this country for the better in some incredibly dramatic way. It's all rather subtle.

Let's take gay marriage policy for example. Was it all Obamas influence? Or was our country just thirsty for this change to begin with and no matter who was president it was "time"? It was ultimately a supreme court ruling. How much should we even credit it to Obama? He vouched for it, but he didn't ultimately have enough power to do anything about it all by himself. No president has absolute power in this country to do as they please they only can spread their influence and make a few changes and tweaks to the system ultimately controlled by the desires of the masses of voting people. This system in and of itself doesn't enable truly dramatic change whether a president would want some or not.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

this obamacare shit is trash tho. specifically the part about getting half of my tax return taken from me. i live a healthy lifestyle and don't get sick, i shouldn't have to buy insurance.

This is the part that infuriates me. Just another money grab by the government.

"It's not a tax"

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FillJackson
    And when that car hits you? And you now have tens of thousands of dollars of medical treatment awaiting you should the hospital just turn you aside?

Horrible example. If that car hits him, the driver's insurance company will be paying off his medical bills and then some.

Hypothetical scenarios do not justify the government taxing you because you choose not to have health insurance.

I'm down with HRC

i'll never get hit by a car
    Yeah, no American has ever had an accident or got sick out of the blue.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Wish I was rich, I'm more on the poor end of the spectrum. I wonder if the opposite of what you said about wealth is true, perhaps if I was wealthier I'd notice more changes between presidential changes. Then again, I'm still not sure I would.

I believe the reason I hold this view has nothing to do with my wealth. It has to do with my understanding of history. Countries that change hands of dictators and political systems are the countries that undergo dramatic political change. The changing of the president? It's almost a formality in the grand scheme of things where things within the country stay relatively the same and progress naturally on their own almost regardless of which political candidate gets elected. I've never seen a president ruin this country and on that same note I've never seen one change this country for the better in some incredibly dramatic way. It's all rather subtle.

Let's take gay marriage policy for example. Was it all Obamas influence? Or was our country just thirsty for this change to begin with and no matter who was president it was "time"? It was ultimately a supreme court ruling. How much should we even credit it to Obama? He vouched for it, but he didn't ultimately have enough power to do anything about it all by himself. No president has absolute power in this country to do as they please they only can spread their influence and make a few changes and tweaks to the system ultimately controlled by the desires of the masses of voting people. This system in and of itself doesn't enable truly dramatic change whether a president would want some or not.
    I'm not going to read this but I'm going to agree with you because I'm currently watching Spiderman 2