Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Back to Business

Default Re: WOJ: Warriors serious threat to sign Kevin Durant

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    He couldnt have cared that much....or he wouldnt have done it. He cares more for the accolades than anyones opinion. They probably all do. THe rings and praise that comes with them? The cheers drown out the hate. You win and BUMS WILL love you.

fixed that for you. depends on how you win. Durant teaming up with arguably the best team in nba history? nah I cant love that.

with Durant on the warriors that would be like some 2k myteam shit. hell no...why would you watch the nba??? you already know who winning the ship. hell that team would be so good kd could play 25 percent of the scheduled games and sit out the first two rounds of the playoffs and they would still breeze by the league. nah ill pass. nope cancelling my league pass. I want no parts of this shit. NFL REDZONE HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

what

a

time

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    How?!?!

Wade and Curry are on the same tier.

Who is on the same tier as Bosh? Bosh has led HIS OWN team while putting up 25 and 11 and making all-star teams.

You think ANYONE on the Warriors other than Curry can lead THEIR OWN teams? Please.
    because this is an already established championship team .. possible b2b champions .. if KD cares about any kind of legacy he has to lead his own team to victory

Bosh has led his own team to where exactly? I give you Wade but the rest of the team was nowhere on the level of the current warriors .. i can't believe i'm defending Lebron here

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wiltside
    Nah, he went back because Wade can't stay healthy and Bosh didn't like him anymore, while the Cavs had Irving and a #1 pick that could be traded for an all-star.
    Exactly this. Lebron isn't running back to Cavs if the Heat didn't look like they were dumped on in the Finals and the Cavs were young and loaded, with Love on the way. Lebron didn't go back to forsake winning. he went back to try and pump up his legacy even more and playing the savior role..

He couldnt have cared that much....or he wouldnt have done it. He cares more for the accolades than anyones opinion. They probably all do. THe rings and praise that comes with them? The cheers drown out the hate. You win everybody loves you.
    LeBron never imagined he would have gotten so much flack, especially announcing his decision at a charity event.

Obviously he cares more about the accolades and titles, but dude still kept tabs on everything social media AND said as much. His "haters" practically turned him emo.

Serious playground baller Mawly-G's Avatar

Where's David Stern when you need him? lol

Holy sh!t this would break the league.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

You dont have to love it. Hes gonna be on the cover of every magazine with Steph, hes winning 65 games for the next 7-10 years, might retire with 4 rings, and have entire NBA blu rays dedicated to his team in the future. He would be on the era defining team. The praise would be unending.

He would have haters....but his name goes down as much more significant than otherwise. Just depends on what hes after.

Local High School Star Achilleas's Avatar

so you are telling me that fudge will support warriors

This would only ruin Durant's "legacy" if they don't win which is something that probably won't happen.

They win, all the backlash and criticism will slowly start to disappear.

Winning changes everything. We've seen this happen time after time.

If OKC doesn't win this year, I hate to say it but he should consider this as a possible option. It's terrible for competition but it's smart.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

KD is naturally a shy beta so pairing him with a true Alpha like Curry will be a great fit for chemistry

If the Warriors win b2b titles, just before Durant happens to sign with them, nobody that isn't a casual basketball fan would take the subsequent titles seriously.

This would literally be the exception to "winning cures everything". Keep telling yourselves otherwise though.

That would break the NBA if that happened. The best player, arguably second best player( 3rd at worse), best or 2nd best shooting guard, who are basically the 3 best shooters in the league, plus Green and crew? Nope, that would have to be nixed 'for basketball reasons'.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    If the Warriors win b2b titles, just before Durant happens to sign with them, nobody that isn't a casual basketball fan would take the subsequent titles seriously.

This would literally be the exception to "winning cures everything". Keep telling yourselves otherwise though.
    yup.. it would be a lot more tolerable move, if the Cavs had a few more bounces go their way last year, win, GSW on 'revenge' tour this year (feels like it anyway), break regular season record, again lose in playoffs... then KD comes. It would still be unfair though. Unseen and never before we'd have had such a thing.

Back to Business

You dont have to love it. Hes gonna be on the cover of every magazine with Steph, hes winning 65 games for the next 7-10 years, might retire with 4 rings, and have entire NBA blu rays dedicated to his team in the future. He would be on the era defining team. The praise would be unending.

He would have haters....but his name goes down as much more significant than otherwise. Just depends on what hes after.

youre high if you think the praise would be unending. he will be become a villain. And you keep looking at steph...just steph....you do know if Durant joins them we pretty much looking at 5 hall of famers (potentially) playing together right???????????

That's what u want the league to become a league where the best players team up and crush the league every 10 years? **** outta here

I thought LeBron going to south beach was bad....damn....the heat wasn't shit before bron got there lets be honest....this is just bad...bad for the brand...but for the coaches...bad for the players...bad for mankind

Banned

How much of the Warriors roster would have to be gutted out just to fit Kevin Durant's max contract?