Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

Default Re: Best sg in the league

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    Your joking, right? So I guess Jordan isn't the best SHOOTING guard?

By your logic, JJ Reddick is a better SHOOTING guard than Michael Jordan and Dwyane Wade ever were.

Wade has career averages of 24/6/5/2/1 on 49%. Since according to you he's a bad SHOOTING guard, how did he amass such stellar numbers over 13+ seasons? Are you saying that all this time he's actually been bad at his position, despite generally being considered top 4 ever at it? What about MJ? Enlighten us.
    MJ was epic from mid range almost every year, and became a serviceable 3 pt shooter especially in his mid 30s Wade is a meh shooter even from mid range. And God awful from 3 only getting worse at it.

Back to Business

I have no issue with anyone taking any of those other SG's ahead of Wade. Each has an argument. The point (at least my point) is that Wade is still in the discussion, which is impressive at 34 years old. He's having an excellent all around season and has been one of the most clutch players in the league. Few predicted that he'd still be a top 5 SG at this stage in his career.

true true but he is only top 5 because the sg is a shitty position right now outside of the few guys we named. its 30 teams in the nba and its only 5 sg's in the discussion.....that's sad. but not takin anything anyway because he is playing well and looks healthy but isn't much competition at the 2 spot right now

Quote Originally Posted by miggyme1
    true true but he is only top 5 because the sg is a shitty position right now outside of the few guys we named. its 30 teams in the nba and its only 5 sg's in the discussion.....that's sad. but not takin anything anyway because he is playing well and looks healthy but isn't much competition at the 2 spot right now
    http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rp...INS/position/2

Wade is actually 18th in wins added among SG, so......

Quote Originally Posted by MellowYellow
    MJ was epic from mid range almost every year, and became a serviceable 3 pt shooter especially in his mid 30s Wade is a meh shooter even from mid range. And God awful from 3 only getting worse at it.
    So what exactly are you saying? Wade isn't a SG? I'm confused about your point. Wade may play the position in an unconventional way, but that doesn't make him any less great or any less effective. You're taking the term "shooting guard" way too literally. If it makes you feel better, call him an "off guard" or "2 guard".

Back to Business

another bs stat...keep them coming. I love it when you guys post them. shows me the casuals around here.

Back to Business

So what exactly are you saying? Wade isn't a SG? I'm confused about your point. Wade may play the position in an unconventional way, but that doesn't make him any less great or any less effective. You're taking the term "shooting guard" way too literally. If it makes you feel better, call him an "off guard" or "2 guard".

I think he is just stating FACTS man. wade is clearly an sg but a horribly shooter. its been documented. still a hall of famer though so don't be upset. im sure nobody is dumb enough to think that a shooting guard has to be a great shooter.......right?

Quote Originally Posted by miggyme1
    I think he is just stating FACTS man. wade is clearly an sg but a horribly shooter. its been documented. still a hall of famer though so don't be upset. im sure nobody is dumb enough to think that a shooting guard has to be a great shooter.......right?
    That's exactly what he's saying. He said Wade is a bad shooting guard because he's not a good shooter. It's absurd. By his logic he'd take JJ Reddick over prime Wade.

As for the stat he posted, I'm sure we can all agree that Garett Temple is better than Wade.

That's exactly what he's saying. He said Wade is a bad shooting guard because he's not a good shooter. It's absurd. By his logic he'd take JJ Reddick over prime Wade.

As for the stat he posted, I'm sure we can all agree that Garett Temple is better than Wade.
    When did I say he was bad? I am simply saying he's not the best, certainly not this year.

Surely an accurate stat that one. Keep up the faith in a highly arbitrary algorithm, one that repeatedly turns up unexplainable anomalies. Let's deal in realities here, not worthless abstractions.

Will Barton or Cj Mcollum take your pick

[COLOR="White"]Joking aside probably James Harden.[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    When was the last time Wade actually performed great in the playoffs?

I feel just comfortable taking Butler, and probably Klay abve him.. besides Harden.

And lol at the record bullshit.

If he averages circa 19 ppg, how many do you think he does before all those close outs you speak of? 14 ppg? So with any other SG they'd be 17-31, even though they do MUCH more than 14 ppg prior to the final mins of the game?
    2014 ECFs. His second most recent playoff series.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta

Surely an accurate stat that one. Keep up the faith in a highly arbitrary algorithm, one that repeatedly turns up unexplainable anomalies. Let's deal in realities here, not worthless abstractions.
    You sound retarded. Put down the thesaurus, kiddo.

I have an issue with people picking Klay over Wade.

Put Klay on the Heat, and they are like 15-33 right now, instead of having a winning record and being on a streak.

This guy cannot be a playmaker, has no ****ing handles, can't pass, can't rebound. Aside from scoring this guy is useless.

Wade if played Klays minutes pretty much matches him or is close in PPG (at 34 years old, playing in the 2nd slowest paced team in the league)
    Klay doesn't compare to Wade in terms of playmaking, he's worse rebounder, and for all the overrated talk about his defense, I don't even think he's a better defender than a 34 year old Wade.

Aside from scoring, which is close (shooting is his only advantage) Klay does nothing better than Wade.
    Wade is the player that other teams gameplan for. He's the most clutch shooting guard in the league. Klay is an after thought to Steph, and arguably Draymond. Wade sees much more attention from the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    You sound retarded. Put down the thesaurus, kiddo.

Says the guy who evidently needs a dictionary to understand the simplest of words. I would be shocked (and saddened) if your dumb-ass was older than I am tbh. At least if you were 10 your behaviour would be somewhat explainable.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta

Says the guy who evidently needs a dictionary to understand the simplest of words. I would be shocked (and saddened) if your dumb-ass was older than I am tbh. At least if you were 10 your behaviour would be somewhat explainable.
    If I was older than you and on a message board I'd kill myself. Your gimmick is basically acting like a high school dork who uses a thesaurus every chance he gets on an assignment just to make himself feel smarter than what he actually is.