Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: Best sg in the league

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    No, you can't. The only player who has a case over Wade on this list is Harden. Harden is the only other player here who plays against defenses that are designed to stop him.

Arguably, defenses gameplan for Jimmy sometimes, but I still think D-rose is better at base level (whether he's played like it or not), and from what I've seen Bulls opponents agree based on how they guard him. Aside from Wade, Harden is also the only other guy who can consistently dominate as a scorer/playmaker.

Ignore stats. Wade is playing 30 minutes per game. But, he has personally closed out at least ten games (BKN, OKC, MEM, IND, ORL, POR, PHX, CHI, BKN, MIL). Without Wade taking over those games, the Heat are 17 - 31 instead of 27 - 21.

Anyone else here got anywhere near that many closes? Does anyone else in the NBA even have that many? Hell, his last three close-outs there were all just last week (hence the Player of the Week honors). Any of these other SGs got even three closes on the season?

And if you take any of these other guys over Wade to lead your team as a SG in the playoffs, you're a damn fool. Wade still routinely converts shots that no other player since prime Kobe Bryant could pull off. He's the only certifiable assassin left at the position.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Probably the guy you want in the 4th quarter...Dwyane Wade...the guy you've wanted in the 4th quarter for more than a decade now...The Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Probably the guy you want in the 4th quarter...Dwyane Wade...the guy you've wanted in the 4th quarter for more than a decade now...The Flash.
    You dont want the guy who only there 1/4 of the time.

No, you can't. The only player who has a case over Wade on this list is Harden. Harden is the only other player here who plays against defenses that are designed to stop him.

Arguably, defenses gameplan for Jimmy sometimes, but I still think D-rose is better at base level (whether he's played like it or not), and from what I've seen Bulls opponents agree based on how they guard him. Aside from Wade, Harden is also the only other guy who can consistently dominate as a scorer/playmaker.

Ignore stats. Wade is playing 30 minutes per game. But, he has personally closed out at least ten games (BKN, OKC, MEM, IND, ORL, POR, PHX, CHI, BKN, MIL). Without Wade taking over those games, the Heat are 17 - 31 instead of 27 - 21.

Anyone else here got anywhere near that many closes? Does anyone else in the NBA even have that many? Hell, his last three close-outs there were all just last week (hence the Player of the Week honors). Any of these other SGs got even three closes on the season?

And if you take any of these other guys over Wade to lead your team as a SG in the playoffs, you're a damn fool. Wade still routinely converts shots that no other player since prime Kobe Bryant could pull off. He's the only certifiable assassin left at the position.
    Really? Jimmy Butler has no case over Wade?

For one, you're flat out wrong about teams only occasionally game planning against Butler. Butler regularly draws double teams and has guys shadowing him, he's a legit go-to guy off the dribble both as a scorer and a facilitator and is a major draw of defensive attention. Any team that isn't studying and specifically focusing on stopping Jimmy Butler every time they play the Bulls is a really, really dumb team that probably isn't winning much.

And there is absolutely nothing to suggest that picking Butler over Wade for the playoffs is foolish. Butler straight up shat on my Bucks in the playoffs and was very good against the Cavs as well. And he's even better this year. I would trust Butler in the playoffs blindly. He can create a shot out of nothing for himself or for his teammates whenever he wants, is a killer with zero fear in the clutch, a competitive maniac, a workhorse who will do anything and everything your team needs him to, and a ridiculously good defender who can stop or at least contain pretty much anyone in the league when he locks in. He is as complete a player as you can possibly get for the SG position in every sense imaginable.

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Ya, I am not giving best SHOOTING guard in the league to a guy that can't shoot.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by MellowYellow
    Ya, I am not giving best SHOOTING guard in the league to a guy that can't shoot.
    This guy that can't shoot has one of the best mid range game off all the SG in the league. He may be 34 and playing less minutes, but you can see in the games that matter and in the 4th Q who the best SG in the league is. It's the guy that can impact a game scoring, playmaking, blocking shots and getting steals. I just hope he stays healthy come playoff time, and the debate will be settled there.

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

What if he "shoots" 46% from the field?

Serious playground baller Mawly-G's Avatar

Lance Stephensen

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WayOfWade
    What if he "shoots" 46% from the field?
    What if 31/38/23 are his 10-16/16 +/ 3 pt percentages

When was the last time Wade actually performed great in the playoffs?

I feel just comfortable taking Butler, and probably Klay abve him.. besides Harden.

And lol at the record bullshit.

If he averages circa 19 ppg, how many do you think he does before all those close outs you speak of? 14 ppg? So with any other SG they'd be 17-31, even though they do MUCH more than 14 ppg prior to the final mins of the game?

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater

I feel just comfortable taking Butler, and probably Klay abve him.. besides Harden.

If he averages circa 19 ppg, how many do you think he does before all those close outs you speak of? 14 ppg? So with any other SG they'd be 17-31, even though they do MUCH more than 14 ppg prior to the final mins of the game?
    For an entire playoffs? I'd say 2012. I agree with you though, I'd take Klay, Jimmy, and Harden before him

Your joking, right? So I guess Jordan isn't the best SHOOTING guard?

By your logic, JJ Reddick is a better SHOOTING guard than Michael Jordan and Dwyane Wade ever were.

Wade has career averages of 24/6/5/2/1 on 49%. Since according to you he's a bad SHOOTING guard, how did he amass such stellar numbers over 13+ seasons? Are you saying that all this time he's actually been bad at his position, despite generally being considered top 4 ever at it? What about MJ? Enlighten us.

Decent college freshman

He was great through the 1st 3 Rounds of the '14 Playoffs.

He plays 30 mpg on the 2nd slowest team in the League and based on per 36 his production is only 2nd to Harden.

I have no issue with anyone taking any of those other SG's ahead of Wade. Each has an argument. The point (at least my point) is that Wade is still in the discussion, which is impressive at 34 years old. He's having an excellent all around season and has been one of the most clutch players in the league. Few predicted that he'd still be a top 5 SG at this stage in his career.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    I have no issue with anyone taking any of those other SG's ahead of Wade. Each has an argument. The point (at least my point) is that Wade is still in the discussion, which is impressive at 34 years old. He's having an excellent all around season and has been one of the most clutch players in the league. Few predicted that he'd still be a top 5 SG at this stage in his career.