Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Back to Business

Default Re: Best sg in the league

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    Wade was great in the 2012 playoffs.

For all the crap he gets about 2013 and 2014, he had the 2nd highest playoff PER among SG's. People act like he was this god awful player when in fact he had a 19 PER for those playoff runs, which is at solid 2nd option / borderline all-star level. Yes he was bad in the 2014 finals and he struggled with injuries in 2013, but his playoff woes those years are highly exaggerated.

Another to add for this year, he was just named EC player of the week, and over the last 12 games he's averaging 20/6/5 on 50%, 1.2 spg, 1.0 bpg.

OMG im so sick of the PER arguments.....smh.....do you people realize PER is the equivalent of the qb rating for qbs in the nfl?? its a bullshit stat. just stop. wade is nowhere near the best sg in the league. He had his time....he had a good run but damn lets take the blinders off. You really think wade is better than klay,derozan or jimmy??? honestly in your heart of hearts???

And this is coming from a dwade fan....I think wade had a chance to be better than kobe at one point but then the injuries robbed us of his TRUE potential....but saying he is the best sg in the league today is just absurd. top 10 yes....top 5 no

Quote Originally Posted by miggyme1
    OMG im so sick of the PER arguments.....smh.....do you people realize PER is the equivalent of the qb rating for qbs in the nfl?? its a bullshit stat. just stop. wade is nowhere near the best sg in the league. He had his time....he had a good run but damn lets take the blinders off. You really think wade is better than klay,derozan or jimmy??? honestly in your heart of hearts???

And this is coming from a dwade fan....I think wade had a chance to be better than kobe at one point but then the injuries robbed us of his TRUE potential....but saying he is the best sg in the league today is just absurd. top 10 yes....top 5 no
    Name 5 better

You can't.

Back to Business

Quote Originally Posted by BasedTom
    Name 5 better

You can't.

5 sg's better than wade now or ever?

now

klay
    derozan
    jimmy butler
    harden
    Bradley beal (when he is healthy)

I can name more if you would like

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

now

klay
    derozan
    jimmy butler
    harden

LOL, freaking Bradley Beal! HA! You're stretching

I'm saying he's in the discussion, which he absolutely is, especially when you factor in his clutch play. He's been without question the best 4th quarter SG and among the most clutch players in the entire league. His 22/6/5/1/1 per-36 production is still elite, and it's not as if he's playing bench minutes. He's still over 30 mpg.

How is PER a bullshit stat? It's by no means perfect, but it's a great all-encompassing stat for a player's production, especially when comparing the same position. Year in and year out there's a strong correlation between the most productive players in the league and PER rankings. There are some outliers, but that usually has to do with players who play in very few games or in very limited minutes. When comparing players who have played a similar amount of games and a reasonably similar amount of minutes, it's a very good stat. Please explain why it is "bullshit", and don't use outliers because every stat has them.
    Last edited by GrapeApe; 02-01-2016 at 06:54 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Dwyane Wade...he actually shows up when it matters and will be easily the best Guard in the league come playoff time when he's playing nearly 40mpg.

Back to Business

Quote Originally Posted by WayOfWade
    LOL, freaking Bradley Beal! HA! You're stretching

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?? I understand you a wade fan but cmon....you cant tell me you would build a team around wade before beal (when healthy). Reliable jumper,can put the ball on the floor, IQ has gotten better, limited playmaker, has the clutch gene and the IT factor oh and can play off ball like wade. Defense is debatable

How can you dock Wade and then bring up Beal ?

Beal has missed like half of the Wizards season and has already missed over a quarter of his 3+ year career. His injuries are so bad he's even asked for minutes restrictions.

Middleton, McCullum, and Redick would be the next tier. I actuallt agree with Harden, Butler, DeRozan, Wade, and Thompson in the Top 5. No idea where Beal would rank this year. Healthy, could be Top 10.

The Holy Trinity

now

klay
    derozan
    jimmy butler
    harden

No, you can't. The only player who has a case over Wade on this list is Harden. Harden is the only other player here who plays against defenses that are designed to stop him.

Arguably, defenses gameplan for Jimmy sometimes, but I still think D-rose is better at base level (whether he's played like it or not), and from what I've seen Bulls opponents agree based on how they guard him. Aside from Wade, Harden is also the only other guy who can consistently dominate as a scorer/playmaker.

Ignore stats. Wade is playing 30 minutes per game. But, he has personally closed out at least ten games (BKN, OKC, MEM, IND, ORL, POR, PHX, CHI, BKN, MIL). Without Wade taking over those games, the Heat are 17 - 31 instead of 27 - 21.

Anyone else here got anywhere near that many closes? Does anyone else in the NBA even have that many? Hell, his last three close-outs there were all just last week (hence the Player of the Week honors). Any of these other SGs got even three closes on the season?

And if you take any of these other guys over Wade to lead your team as a SG in the playoffs, you're a damn fool. Wade still routinely converts shots that no other player since prime Kobe Bryant could pull off. He's the only certifiable assassin left at the position.
    Last edited by jrong; 02-01-2016 at 07:36 PM.

I rule the local playground

Bradley Beal Wade=still a top 5 SG. Nothing else needs to be said.

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?? I understand you a wade fan but cmon....you cant tell me you would build a team around wade before beal (when healthy). Reliable jumper,can put the ball on the floor, IQ has gotten better, limited playmaker, has the clutch gene and the IT factor oh and can play off ball like wade. Defense is debatable
    If we're talking about the future I'll take Beal. But the thread is asking the question who IS the best SG in the league. Now neither is, but I'd trust Wade to lead my team to victory right now more than Beal. Shockingly enough Wade has been healthier this year, and even going by Raw Stats, Wade has him beat in every aspect except 3p% and Ft%, and on less minutes too

The "build a team around" thing is a different argument. Wade is 34 years old. However, if we're talking about winning a game or a playoff series right now, I'm taking Wade (healthy, which he currently is) ahead of any other SG except maybe for Harden. It's close though, and Wade is still a better defender.

As has been mentioned, Wade's clutch play this season has been on another level compared to any other SG. His closing ability is the main reason the Heat are currently a top 4 team in the east. I guarantee if you asked opposing players and coaches, Wade is still the most feared SG in the league down the stretch of games. Be it scoring, playmaking, steals, blocks, or suffocating defense, he has routinely made game winning plays on both ends.

I Rep the Thunder! Thunderfan86's Avatar

Dion Waiters.......dude has been tearing it up since he's been in the starting lineup.

for my love to rockets fans, i am gonna say James Haren just to make them feel happy.

Harden tbh
    Last edited by Spaulding; 02-02-2016 at 02:15 AM.