Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Back to Business

Default Best sg in the league

It has to be demar derozan right? Please don't say james harden. Im in a good mood to neg today so please don't upset me.

Default Re: Best sg in the league

James Harden

Klay Thompson has to be in the conversation.

Dwayne Wade if healthy

Quote Originally Posted by miggyme1
    It has to be demar derozan right? Please don't say james harden. Im in a good mood to neg today so please don't upset me.
    you misspelled jimmy butler son.

Curry

My opinion is more valid on DeMar DeRozan than anyone else on here. The answer is no.

He has bounced back from an inconsistent season last year and I'll say he's easily Top 5-10 range, but he's still got a lot to prove if he ever wants to claim the Top SG spot. My guess is that he'll never reach there without consistent commitment to the defensive end (he's about average right now) and a 3 point shot (he's starting to take more, but he's still below average).

It's clearly Harden even thought he's a pylon on defense. If not Harden, it's Jimmy.

Decent college freshman

Wade

Back to Business

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    My opinion is more valid on DeMar DeRozan than anyone else on here. The answer is no.

He has bounced back from an inconsistent season last year and I'll say he's easily Top 5-10 range, but he's still got a lot to prove if he ever wants to claim the Top SG spot. My guess is that he'll never reach there without consistent commitment to the defensive end (he's about average right now) and a 3 point shot (he's starting to take more, but he's still below average).

It's clearly Harden even thought he's a pylon on defense. If not Harden, it's Jimmy.

the consensus was that wade was once the best sg in the league despite shooting horribly from three...why does this limit demar and not wade?

demar can put up buckets just as well as harden and is a better defender...not saying much but true.

ill give harden the most unguardable sg in the league but how and why does he get a pass for having abysmal defense? I thought to be the best or at least in the conversation you had to be a two way player. kobe was,wade was,jordan was.

jimmy b is a good argument and id definitely like to see the bulls go up against the raptors in the playoffs to really see who is the best

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

Ima go with Klay, dudes a beast and doesn't miss. Also plays great d, and there's no doubt in my mind he could put up better stats if he has to. Does it every time Steph has an off game.

Back to Business

Quote Originally Posted by MellowYellow
    Ima go with Klay, dudes a beast and doesn't miss. Also plays great d, and there's no doubt in my mind he could put up better stats if he has to. Does it every time Steph has an off game.

yea klay is definitely in the discussion I just think if his jumper is off hes done whereas derozan will put the ball on the floor.....with his improved handles he can get by anybody now and he can spike the ball off your head or your center's head when he goes to the rim effortlessly

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MellowYellow
    Ima go with Klay, dudes a beast and doesn't miss. Also plays [COLOR="Red"]great[/COLOR] d, and there's no doubt in my mind he could put up better stats if he has to. Does it every time Steph has an off game.
    Only looks to be above average to good this year, but yeah he should be in the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by StephHamann
    Dwayne Wade if healthy
    This no longer computes.

Jimmy Butler, although he's a little inconsistant

Quote Originally Posted by miggyme1
    the consensus was that wade was once the best sg in the league despite shooting horribly from three...why does this limit demar and not wade?

demar can put up buckets just as well as harden and is a better defender...not saying much but true.

ill give harden the most unguardable sg in the league but how and why does he get a pass for having abysmal defense? I thought to be the best or at least in the conversation you had to be a two way player. kobe was,wade was,jordan was.

jimmy b is a good argument and id definitely like to see the bulls go up against the raptors in the playoffs to really see who is the best
    Prime Wade was a flat out better scorer, passer, and defender than current DeMar. What he lacked in a 3 pointer, he made up for in his all-around game. He was doing that in sophomore year. He had an elite first step, lateral quicks, and great instincts for playmaking (he was a PG coming into the league). DeMar was not that talented despite is billing.

Sure, DeMar can have a similar stat line than Jimmy, but he's not the defender and just looking at their games, Jimmy is a lot more aggressive. DeMar is aggressive too, but still finds himself pulling up for jumpers (lack of a first step) and stays in the flow of the offense (not really a bad thing, sometimes he needs to be demand more when he's having a good game).

Harden is terrible defensively and this would be somewhat of debate if DeMar was elite defensively, but it's not considering Harden has him beat in everything else.

I guess you can say DeMar vs Klay is a good debate. Today's game is more modeled after Klay's game, but he is on the best team and gets a lot of pressure taken off from him.