Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

Default FYI, yes, Curry is indeed having the greatest offensive season ever

This is something that is supported by a plethora of statistics, as well as it is by the "eye test" that posters here like to bring up in order to support their senseless agenda.

Curry right now is currently #1 all time in the following advanced stats:

PER
    Win Shares
    Box Plus-Minus (Get a load of this: his offensive OBPM right now is 13. The previous high was Jordan at 9.8)

And yes, I understand that advanced stats are typically flawed, but this across-the-board level of statistical domination cannot be reasonably denied. It just can't.

Similarly, he's having a 50/40/90 season while shooting 55% of his shots as 3s, he's averaging 30 a game on an unbelievable 68% TS, and is leading all non-big men in two-point field goal percentage (just in case you thought he could only shoot 3s).

All while routinely sitting out fourth quarters and also dishing out 6.6 assists. And leading his team to what might end up being the most dominant regular season in history.

Furthermore, he routinely makes the seemingly impossible look incredibly easy like no player before in history.
    https://streamable.com/arcm

Shots like that aren't supposed to be possible. And yet Curry makes repeatedly makes them with ease. He completely warps the floor when he's out there. Who else in NBA history has regularly gotten doubled 30 feet from the basket?

Offensively, he's better than Kobe at his peak, LeBron at his peak, and even Jordan at his. And yes, I remember watching all of these players play, and I appreciate all of them for the greatness that they possess.

But Curry right now is better than all of them on the offensive end. He's breaking the game.
    Last edited by SuperPippen; 01-26-2016 at 05:02 PM.

Default Re: FYI, yes, Curry is indeed having the greatest offensive season ever

It's pretty obvious to anyone not biased. Eye test, stats, records, etc.

Only argument now is the era argument.

I saw a stat but the only real change in his game is that he somehow increased his distance from range. Shit is crazy.
    Last edited by navy; 01-26-2016 at 05:02 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Season is not over yet. If his numbers hold, then you can proclaim his greatness. But you can't compare a full season to a half.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    It's pretty obvious to anyone not biased. Eye test, stats, records, etc.

Only argument now is the era argument.

Era is the most important argument when knuckleheads start speaking about Greatest ever.

Rules are different.

Why not just compare peers?

National High School Star SsKSpurs21's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPippen

Furthermore, he routinely makes the seemingly impossible look incredibly easy like no player before in history.
    https://streamable.com/arcm

how do you guard this? it just baffles me!

Nah, several of Wilt's are ahead

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21
    how do you guard this? it just baffles me!
    Delly has done a good job on Curry. He plays him physical and is always with him off-ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade's Rings
    Delly has done a good job on Curry. He plays him physical and is always with him off-ball.
    Curry is a lot stronger now. The change in his body this year is remarkable

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Nah, several of Wilt's are ahead
    Which one?

Wilt only has 2 seasons that are totalling more on a per36 minute basis. In 1 of those he isn't shooting as well as Curry is from the field, and all while Curry is taking 11 three pointers.

This is including that 50ppg season.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Which one?

Wilt only has 2 seasons that are totalling more on a per36 minute basis. In 1 of those he isn't shooting as well as Curry is from the field, and all while Curry is taking 11 three pointers.

Curry doesn't have the stamina Wilt did, you can't fault hI'm for that. Not that curry isn't amazing, you have to wonder how his percentages would hold up with more volume/minutes aswell. This isn't "case closed" like people are making it out to be. It's not an easy answer. There are more things on offense, like offensive rebounding
    Quote Originally Posted by jongib369
    (Info will be updated as new information comes. Feel free to correct, or contribute with different players.)

PRF= Points+points from assists.

Any names with an * next to it is adjusted for assists that led to a 3 per game. Any stats from this season doesn't include the very last game the played(Missing stats from Currys game against Spurs)

In order from what I've gathered so far

Tiny 73- 56.8

Wilt 62- 55.2

Oscar 62- 53.6

Oscar 64- 53.4

Wilt 63- 51.6

*LeBron 10- 49.6

Jordan in 89- 48.5

Magic 87- 48.3

Magic 89- 48.1

*Paul 09- 47.67

*Paul 08-47.63

Baylor in 62- 47.5

*Wade 09- 47.18

Wilt 64- 46.9

Jordan 87- 46.3

Stockton 90- 46.2

*Kobe 06- 45.83

*Curry 16- 45.6

*Nash 07-45.41

West 72- 45.2

*Durant 14- 44.39

Kareem 72- 44

Bird 87- 43.3

*Wall 16- 42.35

Wilt in 68- 41.5

*Curry 14- 41

*LeBron 16- 40.29

*Jordan 97- 39.24

*Shaq 00- 38.11

*Stockton 97-36.42

Feel free to add to the discussion here. Adding Tmac and others in the next few hours

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=396741
    Last edited by jongib369; 01-26-2016 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Which one?

Check out the thread jongib made. Several players have had more offensive impact than Curry with the basic formula of points + assists.

Per36 means jack to me. While it's got some merit and is impressive to be an efficient spark plug, you produce and help your team only in the minutes you play, not the minutes you don't.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Check out the thread jongib made. Several players have had more offensive impact than Curry with the basic formula of points + assists.

Per36 means jack to me. While it's got some merit and is impressive to be an efficient spark plug, you produce and help your team only in the minutes you play, not the minutes you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by jongib369
    Has Curry being 18th on the list of seasons I've added so far rustled your jimmies? Don't worry man, overall this is just the *3 in the 2+*3+4=Potato Equation

You still have to put their shooting percentages, offensive rebounds, and other things into consideration rating them overall offensively.
    Wilt still holds that crown thus far IMO, for scoring, percentages, offensive rebounds, passing ability etc all added up...But no doubt Curry is incredible, and one of the best scorers of all time

My all time team now would be

Wilt
    Russell/Or Rodman
    Bird
    Jordan
    Curry

Decent college freshman

Point plowking is making is that if Curry played more minutes his numbers could be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade's Rings
    Point plowking is making is that if Curry played more minutes his numbers could be better.
    And my point is he doesn't - so they aren't