Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default The Revenant (possible spoilers)

What did people think about it? The opening battle scene was amazing, it was beautifully directed, there isn't much dialogue in a good stretch of the movie, and I thought it could have been at least 20 minutes shorter, but still a great movie. People are going to complain Leo doesn't deserve an Oscar because he didn't do much talking, but man.... I don't think I've ever felt someone's pain in a movie as much as Leo in this film, he did a great job selling that.

8.5 rating from me.

Default Re: The Revenant (possible spoilers)

Solid 8. Leo really took some shit this movie.

Agree it could have been shorter. Not a mindblowing script but there were some good battle scenes, good suspense, good acting. I enjoyed it.

NBA All-star

I thought that it was a fine performance for DiCaprio, especially for the fact that he's shown to be such an astute literature student.

As for the film length, based on the R rating, I'd say that it justifies everything that was included.

Banned

the opening battle was amazing and the film itself is a classic. Tom Hardy played a classic villain. Great movie. 9.08/10

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    the opening battle was amazing and the film itself is a classic. Tom Hardy played a classic villain. Great movie. 9.08/10
    Save that .08 and [FONT="Courier New"][COLOR="Red"]SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    Save that .08 and [FONT="Courier New"][COLOR="Red"]SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS.[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [COLOR="Red"][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]REPORTED FOR VERBAL ABUSE.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Banned

Tom Hardy is the GOAT actor right now, quietly going under the radar and dominating every movie he's in.

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    [COLOR="Red"][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]REPORTED FOR VERBAL ABUSE.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [FONT="Courier New"][COLOR="Red"]TAKE THAT REPORT AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Tom Hardy is the GOAT actor right now, quietly going under the radar and dominating every movie he's in.
    Yep, ever since Inception he has been on fire. Plays a different kind of badass in every role.

Warrior - raw MMA fighter
    TDK Rises - terrifying killing machine with a cartoony voice
    The Drop - that dude people think is mentally retarded but is a cold blooded killer
    Mad Max - silent badass
    Revenant - piece of shit survivalist redneck

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    [FONT="Courier New"][COLOR="Red"]TAKE THAT REPORT AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS.[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT="Lucida Console"]WHAT?[/FONT]

College superstar

Tom Hardy >

Hardy's accent changed like 3 or 4 times throughout the movie. Do people really think it was a good performance from him?

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I saw it literally last night and thought it was fantastic. The cinematography the entire movie was incredible, and I just loved the emotion you could feel from Dicaprio, you could just see the pain in his eyes as Hawk got murdered right in front of him. And this is probably weird, but I lol'd at the part where the indian girl told the dude she was going to cut his balls off, and then the next we see of him is naked from the waste down with blood running down his legs, I was like "Holy crap, she actually did it!"
    Great movie, both the beginning and final fight scenes were super intense

Earned not given

Pretty good movie, but right around the middle it starts to get pretty boring, then towards the end it gets really good again.

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one6
    Pretty good movie, but right around the middle it starts to get pretty boring, then towards the end it gets really good again.
    This was my same conclusion. The movie was just a tad too long. Maybe knock off 20-25 minutes for it and it would've gotten a 9/10 from me.