Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: So is it safe to say that Draymond

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Curry, Bron, Kawhi, Durant, Davis, Blake, CP3, Westbrook, George, Cousins, etc...

Who exactly is he better than?
    Perhaps CP3, PG, and most likely Cous.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Perhaps CP3, PG, and most likely Cous.
    So if you were to start a team, you'd pick a jack of all trades player that only now is having a breakout season with career averages of 8/6/3?

You'd take that over a guy that puts up 26/11? Or one that puts up 17/10? Or another that is putting up 24/7/4?

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam
    This is ISH bro, logic is thrown out the window as soon as the trolls log in
    24/7 then, huh?

So if you were to start a team, you'd pick a jack of all trades player that only now is having a breakout season with career averages of 8/6/3?

You'd take that over a guy that puts up 26/11? Or one that puts up 17/10? Or another that is putting up 24/7/4?
    Yeah, it's ridiculous how much Green is getting overrated. He is a terrific player, an all-star this year, but it's not that hard to see that he's thriving on a brilliantly coached, well put together, balanced roster that uses his strengths flawlessly. He's a big piece of a machine. A big piece, but a piece nonetheless.

I really wonder how insanely good Paul George would look playing on this GS team. Where he doesn't have to do everything offensively..where there's that much spacing, so much attention being directed to Curry, tremendous ball movement and off ball motion, all the illegal screens from Bogut and Green..dude would be incredible.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno
    Agree with this completely, but Steph also should get the respect he deserves; people actually think he's not the best player on the team?

With that said, I can't wait for Draymond to get back
    Steph won't get the respect he deserves on this forum. But he gets plenty of respect everywhere else. With Dray out, Harrison should have stepped up. He did well in the first half but totally disappeared in the 2nd half. That was disappointing. I wonder if Dray will sit tomorrow.

Banned

OP, the correct answer is no, the MVP of this team is Curry, do you not think that this team benefits at all from his shooting ability? The defensive attention he gets? No?

Quote Originally Posted by r0drig0lac
    Yes they have
    So who chose them to win the championship before last season started? Absolutely no one, its the great system that was set in place.

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

Curry, Bron, Kawhi, Durant, Davis, Blake, CP3, Westbrook, George, Cousins, etc...

this

Quote Originally Posted by MellowYellow
    this
    Well thats why you're a Knicks fan I guess

Griffin, George, and maybe Cousins.

Do you really believe a guy like Griffin is impacting better this year? Even when he played. I mean seriously, 23 - 25 PPG is nice, but PP right now, on Blake's own team is showing the value of floor spacing at the 4/5 And Draymond doesn't just space the floor, he is the best playmaking forward in the league and is a decent scorer. Then you add in possibly the best defense in the NBA, and it becomes clear. I'm not high enough on George's defense to rank him over Green.

I think DC and Green have been around the same level.

I think they're possibly more talented but a lot of guys have talent. Doesn't always translate to impact.

Quote Originally Posted by bitedez
    empty stats
    this.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    So what happened when Steph missed his first game and Dray went 5-14 for 11 points and they got wiped off the court by Dallas?
    Don't bring logic into this.

Golden State only goes as far as Draymond takes them.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Yeah, it's ridiculous how much Green is getting overrated. He is a terrific player, an all-star this year, but it's not that hard to see that he's thriving on a brilliantly coached, well put together, balanced roster that uses his strengths flawlessly. He's a big piece of a machine. A big piece, but a piece nonetheless.
    These two get it.

Green is an all star for sure but a top 10 player in the league is someone you can take to start a team and they'd perform as a great first option, you're telling me someone of Green's talent can put a team on his back night in night out? I don't think so

The roster, the coach, the attention Curry gets allows Green to thrive in the system, and kudos to him because I remember a fair amount of guys on here where questioning whether he deserves the type of money he was gonna get during the playoffs

I'm taking Curry, Durant, LeBron, Kawhi, Blake, Davis, Cousins, George, Westbrook, CP3

All star, sure
    Top 15 player, I can see the argument being made

But a top 10 player in this league right now?