Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Maeru Perinawa Achali TaLvsCuaL's Avatar

Default Re: BREAKING: Lionel Hollins fired; Billy King steps down

Brooklyn franchise is as dumb as Memphis one

Banned

Hollins needs to come to Houston at this season's end.

We need his personality.

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    What's their status on draft picks? They have no future whatsoever. Staring at a wall for the next 5 years. Firing Hollins won't change anything. He could have helped develop their team's core strength within their young players. Mentor them, shape them up to be a better player, but no, fire the person who actually knew anything about basketball.

But, okay, I'm happy for Lionel, he got out of that shitshow in Brooklyn. Nice.

BILLY KING THE GOAT.
    Someone brought this up on Twitter. To the effect of, "What are the Nets going to use to entice someone to come work as GM? Hello there, we don't have any draft picks, we're trading our best players away, but we can offer you first row seats to games."

I wouldn't surprised if we see a European GM and European Coach hired. I have a feeling Prok is gonna try to turn the Nets into the unofficial International NBA team.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Someone brought this up on Twitter. To the effect of, "What are the Nets going to use to entice someone to come work as GM? Hello there, we don't have any draft picks, we're trading our best players away, but we can offer you first row seats to games."

Lakers better sign this guy at the end of the season, he's one of the best coaches available now

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

One step forward and one step back, the Nets did a 360 turn

   

billy king was not really the reason for this mess, and very little has actually changed.

prokhy has been good at throwing money around, but he's still a lousy owner.

i wish i could just erase my loyalty to the nets and pick a new team to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    billy king was not really the reason for this mess, and very little has actually changed.

prokhy has been good at throwing money around, but he's still a lousy owner.

i wish i could just erase my loyalty to the nets and pick a new team to follow.

   

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    most casuals probably don't understand that king was following orders from prokhy / razumov when he made those ridiculous trades. no chance that would have happened if he had simply been allowed to do his thing. he's actually pretty good at finding talent and bargains.

nothing has really changed since prokhy is still a lousy owner and all those draft picks are still gone. not to mention, king is probably -still- the GM in all but name.

more:
    http://www.netsdaily.com/2016/1/10/1...-group-culture
    Last edited by gigantes; 01-10-2016 at 08:33 PM.

Home of the 16

Jeff edited OP's post. rofl

Lionel was a solid old school coach but he was starting to give up and he stopped caring as much. Billy did his job and listened to what management wanted. Everyone knew the Boston trade had a 1-2 year window at most. I know people here thought it was a great trade at first. You guys won't admit it but you know you did. The window was one year, Brook went down, then Pierce left after management went cheap. If prokhorov is telling billy not to spend... Billy has to listen to his boss.

One trade I'll never get over was trading for Gerald Wallace, our damn pick ended up being Damien Lillard.

   

re: the d-will trade,
    i can't remember a trade that seemed so great at the time turning out to be so disastrous in the long-term. it was the first domino in a run that will wind up costing the nets almost a decade of seasons (2011 - 2019). that's just brutal.

the nets really f'd up in two ways on that trade-- first was failing to vet his ankle and wrist problems, second was having so little leverage over his contract at the time. the second thing forced their hand with other bad decisions and the worse it got, the riskier the moves they made to compensate.

if the nets had been able to snag their original targets of dwight howard or carmelo anthony, things might have been somewhat different. the real problem with any of these scenarios is that prokhy had the terrible idea of trying to conquer NYC in one swoop.