Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Miami with Wade/Bosh/Dragic/Deng/Whiteside is 15-10

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    That's a better record than they had during the last 25 games that Bran was in the lineup.
    Wade missed almost all those games

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Wade missed almost all those games
    Did he? I know he was on that stupid maintenence plan but I thought he was mostly sitting out back to backs. My memory is a bit foggy and I wasn't able to watch a lot of the late season games.

Anyway, the Heat are now 16-10 with Johnson, McRoberts, and Deng all missing several games and Dragic for the most part has struggled. That's pretty damn good. They are still working out the kinks but overall it's been a very pleasing start to the season.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    Did he? I know he was on that stupid maintenence plan but I thought he was mostly sitting out back to backs. My memory is a bit foggy and I wasn't able to watch a lot of the late season games.

Anyway, the Heat are now 16-10 with Johnson, McRoberts, and Deng all missing several games and Dragic for the most part has struggled. That's pretty damn good. They are still working out the kinks but overall it's been a very pleasing start to the season.
    Didnt the Heat start of strong last year as well, before falling off in Feb?

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    Thats what they get for running LeBron out of town
    You delusional peasant.... no one ran LeBron out of town. His agent told him that the Cavs had gotten the first pick of the draft for 3 straight years and that his chances of winning in Cleveland were higher than staying in Miami. His bags were packed that night.

He bailed on Miami like a ring chasing beta instead of doing what much more respected, superior players like MJ, Kobe, and Duncan did which is winning 5+ rings on the same team.

Their record is actually worse than it looks. They've had a lot more home games than road games.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Ballin
    1-9 .
    It's alright bro no need to meltdown

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    Didnt the Heat start of strong last year as well, before falling off in Feb?
    Nah, they were under .500 at this point last year and Bosh and Wade had already missed a handful of games. So far this season Bosh has played every game and Wade 25/26.

As for the poster who mentioned the favorable home schedule, they have a pretty brutal stretch next month. Their defense will help them on the road though, as that usually stays pretty consistent. The fact that they've missed 3 key rotation players for several games probably evens things out in terms of their current record.
    Last edited by GrapeApe; 12-20-2015 at 10:15 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Just throwing those names out the line up does look great...but this is 2015 and the game revolves around the long ball now. The only good 3pt shooter among those 4 (minus whiteside obviously) is Bosh and he's the damn PF. In a league where getting to the ft line is easier and so prevalent...were bad at that too. This team is just not built to be great in the league the way it is now. If this was sometime between 95-2005 in that defense heavy league we'd be pretty great.

A lot of these guys aren't as good as they should be either. Bosh is getting the max, but he's an EXTREMELY PASSIVE player. His overall impact is there, but he's getting paid superstar money to average 17-18ppg. Dragic is getting 86 million over 5 years to be an average to above average role player which means the guys with the two biggest contracts are players that don't live up to them. Wade is Wade, but he's asked to do too much game to game at this point in his career. Deng is a bit underwhelming, but he's also been ailing...though he's an incredibly erratic shooter and that hurts for a team in desperate need of shooting. Whiteside is Whiteside and we basically pulled him out of our asses so I can't say one bad thing about him. He's a big reason were even 16-10 in the first place.

I have liked what I've seen out of Tyler Johnson and Green has finally started getting going so at least the bench isn't complete shit like it was last season. We really need Tyler Johnson back as he provided a nice offensive spark.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 12-20-2015 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Just throwing those names out that line up looks great...but this is 2015 and the game revolves around the long ball now. The only good 3pt shooter among those 4 (minus whiteside obviously) is Bosh and he's the damn PF. In a league where getting to the ft line is easier and so prevalent...were bad at that too. This team is just not built to be great in the league the way it is now. If this was sometime between 95-2005 in that defense heavy league we'd be pretty great.

A lot of these guys aren't as good as they should be either. Bosh is getting the max, but he's an EXTREMELY PASSIVE player. His overall impact is there, but he's getting paid superstar money to average 17-18ppg. Dragic is getting 86 million over 5 years to be an average to above average role player which means the guys with the two biggest contracts are players that don't live up to them. Wade is Wade, but he's asked to do too much game to game at this point in his career. Deng is a bit underwhelming, but he's also been ailing...though he's an incredibly erratic shooter and that hurts for a team in desperate need of shooting. Whiteside is Whiteside and we basically pulled him out of our asses so I can't say one bad thing about him. He's a big reason were even 16-10 in the first place.

I have liked what I've seen out of Tyler Johnson and Green has finally started getting going, so at least the bench isn't complete shit like it was last season. We really need Tyler Johnson back as he provided a nice offensive spark.

Well said, and that sums things up pretty perfectly. The Heat are a good team but their roster is flawed in terms of today's league. That's one of the main reasons they play at a snail's pace and have the fewest fg attempts in the league. As you said, 10-15 years ago this team would be a legit title contender. Unfortunately in today's game their ceiling is somewhat limited due to their lack of 3 point shooting and style of play.

The Heat choked leads and underperformed so far. Should be around 18-8. Would be a lot better if the head coach was the leagues worst coach. Spo is braindead.

Banned

Damn, the Heat are so bad they're only 2.5 games behind LeBron. :-/