Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Question about how to stat a rebound that turns into a jumpball:

Say two players go up for a rebound and grab it at the same time and it turns into a jumpball...

Who gets the rebound stat? Is it the player who wins the jump ball tap? Is it a totally different player who got the ball tapped to them on the tap? Or does nobody get the rebound?
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 12-16-2015 at 04:54 AM.

Default Re: Question about how to stat a rebound that turns into a jumpball:

I got a better one: A pass that leads to a shooting foul. Should it be scored. I always felt many players got robbed of highlight assists or plays when the receiver would get fouled.

I got a better one. Who's the league leader in hockey assists?

Local High School Star Achilleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    I got a better one: A pass that leads to a shooting foul. Should it be scored. I always felt many players got robbed of highlight assists or plays when the receiver would get fouled.
    this year in euroleague when someone pass the ball that lead to a shooting foul and that player make his first ft then the man who gave the pass get the assist

Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Say two players go up for a rebound and grab it at the same time and it turns into a jumpball...

Who gets the rebound stat? Is it the player who wins the jump ball tap? Is it a totally different player who got the ball tapped to them on the tap? Or does nobody get the rebound?
    No one should be awarded the rebound.

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    No one should be awarded the rebound.
    Okay thank you, that's what I suspected

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

answer is jumpball tip

Team rebounds in Fiba rules . Who got jump ball in nba rules .

Quote Originally Posted by feyki
    Team rebounds in Fiba rules . Who got jump ball in nba rules .
    So like, if Blake Griffin gets tied up with KG on a rebound and they jump ball, and KG tips it but Chris Paul or Ricky Rubio catches it - Chris Paul or Ricky Rubio would be awarded the rebound? Or do you mean whoever between Blake/KG appeared to control the tap?

So like, if Blake Griffin gets tied up with KG on a rebound and they jump ball, and KG tips it but Chris Paul or Ricky Rubio catches it - Chris Paul or Ricky Rubio would be awarded the rebound? Or do you mean whoever between Blake/KG appeared to control the tap?
    Technically , you are right on doubt . But rules are clear , tips means rebound . If any player tips the ball in offensive rebound position and ball goes to opponent , that is offensive rebound .

Tolerant Liberals

It goes like this:

- If the team that had possession of the ball wins the jumpballtip, absolutely nothing gets recorded.
    - If the team without the ball controls the jumpballtip, the guy that had the ball when it was tied up gets a turnover and the other team gets a team rebound.
    - Jumpballtip on a rebound is a team rebound.

Edit:
    There is a correction I should make. On a tie-up, if the defensive team wins the jumpballtip then a steal is credited, not a rebound.
    Last edited by ISHGoat; 12-16-2015 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by feyki
    Technically , you are right on doubt . But rules are clear , tips means rebound . If any player tips the ball in offensive rebound position and ball goes to opponent , that is offensive rebound .
    So if KG won the jump ball tap but Chris Paul ended up with it, KG still gets credited with the rebound? Blake gets nothing, CP3 gets nothing? Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ISHGoat
    It goes like this:

- If the team that had possession of the ball wins the jumpballtip, absolutely nothing gets recorded.
    - If the team without the ball controls the jumpballtip, the guy that had the ball when it was tied up gets a turnover and the other team gets a team rebound.
    This differs from what feyki is saying

damnit now I don't know which to believe

Quote Originally Posted by ISHGoat
    It goes like this:

- Jumpballtip on a rebound is a team rebound.
    But who had the possesion in rebound position ?

So if KG won the jump ball tap but Chris Paul ended up with it, KG still gets credited with the rebound? Blake gets nothing, CP3 gets nothing? Interesting.
    I just know that tip means rebound. Cp3 could gets steal record , i am not sure .