Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default "I've scored the most points in the history of the NBA, 6 MVPS (NBA RECORD)" G.O.A.T

I see people here disrespecting KAJ. No way Shaq, Magic, Russell, Wilt are above him, are you guys mad?

Media or nah, MVP is the best individual award to win as a basketball fan.
    A testimony of your hard work after 82 games

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

Default Re: "I've scored the most points in the history of the NBA, 6 MVPS (NBA RECORD)" G.O.A.T

Quote Originally Posted by k0kakw0rld
    I see people here disrespecting KAJ. No way Shaq, Magic, Russell, Wilt are above him, are you guys mad?

Media or nah, MVP is the best individual award to win as a basketball fan.
    A testimony of your hard work after 82 games
    firstly I have no idea who this KAJ fella is (instantly precludes you from being in contention for GOAT). Secondly MVP is a media voted award, and a flawed concept at that. Its only given to the best player on the best 2 or 3 teams. Its highly possible that u are on a shit tier team that gets to 50 wins solely cos of the value of one player, yet they will never win the award because media obligations for hype.

Banned

Default Re: "I've scored the most points in the history of the NBA, 6 MVPS (NBA RECORD)" G.O.A.T

Quote Originally Posted by theaussieguy
    firstly I have no idea who this KAJ fella is (instantly precludes you from being in contention for GOAT). Secondly MVP is a media voted award, and a flawed concept at that. Its only given to the best player on the best 2 or 3 teams. Its highly possible that u are on a shit tier team that gets to 50 wins solely cos of the value of one player, yet they will never win the award because media obligations for hype.

I've got him at 2-3, ahead of Jordan... But what did he do on the floor better than Wilt? Don't mention team accomplishments please

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jongib369
    I've got him at 2-3, ahead of Jordan... But what did he do on the floor better than Wilt? Don't mention team accomplishments please
    Not have his scoring dip drastically in the playoffs and finals.

The nickname "The Big Dipper" is actually a dis that the Boston Celtics made up regarding to Wilt's playoff averages.

Loose Balls by Terry Pluto

Two words that instantly slay wilt stans.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    Not have his scoring dip drastically in the playoffs and finals.

The nickname "The Big Dipper" is actually a dis that the Boston Celtics made up regarding to Wilt's playoff averages.

Loose Balls by Terry Pluto

Just curious, what does your Top 10 look like?

Firmly planted at #2 for me

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Kareem's Playoff Averages During Various Championship Runs:

1982: 20.0 ppg.. 8.5 rpg...

1985: 21.0 ppg.. 8.1 rpg...

1987: 19.2 ppg.. 6.8 rpg...

1988: 14.1 ppg.. 5.5 rpg...

MJ's lowest PPG in playoffs was 29.3, his rookie year (9 apg that year).. Kareem was 2nd fiddle (even 6th fiddle) for MOST of his rings.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]MJ was never 2nd fiddle[/COLOR], whereas Kareem, Magic, Bird, Shaq, Kobe, Lebron, Duncan, were ALL 2nd fiddle at one point or another.
    Last edited by 3ball; 12-16-2015 at 04:04 AM.

You can rate Kareem as high as you want, but there is that one knock against him that he only won titles when playing with the 2 greatest PGs of all time. Magic in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball

MJ's lowest PPG in playoffs was 29.3, his rookie year (9 apg that year).. Kareem was 2nd fiddle (even 6th fiddle) for MOST of his rings.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]MJ was never 2nd fiddle[/COLOR], whereas Kareem, Magic, Bird, Shaq, Kobe, Lebron, Duncan, were ALL 2nd fiddle at one point or another.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball

Not fair, you are posting stats of Kareem when he was in his late 30's- EARLY 40's. In fact those stats are pretty impressive for a player that old in age (won Finals MVP at age 38).

KAJ Jordan and Russell all have legitimate cases for GOAT over everyone else. And each of them has a case over each other.
    Last edited by oarabbus; 12-16-2015 at 04:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    KAJ Jordan and Russell all have legitimate cases for GOAT over everyone else. And each of them has a case over each other.
    As does Wilt

More records than all of them combined. Dominance and records can be a criteria for GOAT. And under that criteria, he's GOAT. They've all got a different criteria that can make them GOAT candidates.