Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: GT: Oklahoma City Thunder vs Utah Jazz

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    I'm not even sure what to think of Durant at this point.

Last Sunday against the Kings he had a "just going through the motions and playing with no energy" almost the entire game, then he scores four points in the final 30 seconds or so and seals the win for OKC. He somehow still ended up with 20 points, 10 rebounds, and 4 assists on 7/13 shooting.

Friday night in Utah he plays like ass for three quarters, scoring just 10 points and basically just taking up space on the court the first three quarters. Then he scores 11 points in the final four minutes of the game, including a huge three and a game sealing pull-up jumper in the final minute. to hold off the Jazz for 94-90 win.

Then tonight he takes two f***ing shots the entire first half and is essentially nothing more than a warm body/scrub jogging or walking around the court and taking up space. That's what he was the entire first half at best. As a result, OKC scores just 38 points in the first half and are down 13 points at halftime. Durant pulls his head out of his ass in the second half, drops 29 and scores a clutch bucket in the final seconds in OT, and OKC comes back and wins by six.

In three of OKC's last five games Durant has gone through the motions for at least the first half, if not three quarters, and plays like he doesn't even care about being on the court. He's started to really piss me the f**k off and the only thing saving is that he's still managed to come up clutch when OKC needed him most.
    Lol yeah I've been watching every OKC game this season, and the dude could put up 40 points a game if he didn't just stand off the ball and not move for half the game. Dude is weird.. such a beast but only starts playing for certain parts of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerRed
    I swear he did a similar thing last game against the Jazz. Played like a bitch, then came out and closed out the game with 11 straight points
    Yeah, Friday night in Utah he had 10 points through 3.5 quarters then scored 11 points in the final four minutes of the game including a huge three and a pull-up jumper in the final minute to seal the win for OKC.

It's almost like he's purposely going through the motions and conserving energy for half the game some games, knowing he can flip the switch and take over when he needs to. But during the Memphis and Atlanta games during this five game win streak for OKC, he just beasted the entire game and looked like MVP Durant for the first time all season.

Banned

Durant suffers from heroism syndrome

He literally lets the other team stick around/take big leads as like a personal challenge to himself. He wants it to be tight going in the 4th so he can hit dagger shots and silently devastate the opposing team and their fanbase.

He's a weird, demented guy. Seriously a cold blooded, sociopathic monster.

This behavior isn't normal, he's too competitive for this era. Guys like KD are too violent and emotional. There's a reason he led the league in techs one season... and it's because he's not exactly what you would describe as "sane", or mentally stable. He's an irrational exhibitionist, he loves the attention of the opposing fans when he sinks dagger shots. It's beyond winning and losing, he's just a jerk and wants to rub it in that he's the best.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HenryGarfunkle

He literally lets the other team stick around/take big leads as like a personal challenge to himself. He wants it to be tight going in the 4th so he can hit dagger shots and silently devastate the opposing team and their fanbase.

This behavior isn't normal, he's too competitive for this era. Guys like KD are too violent and emotional. There's a reason he led the league in techs one season... and it's because he's not exactly what you would describe as "sane", or mentally stable. He's an irrational exhibitionist, he loves the attention of the opposing fans when he sinks dagger shots. It's beyond winning and losing, he's just a jerk and wants to rub it in that he's the best.
    Holy shit.

Perfectly sums up the guy. I was too stupid to put it into my own words, or even attempt to, but look at you... This is why I love you, and this is why you're the greatest poster to ever grace this shitty board.

Also, Kevin Durant is the best player in the world.

I Rep the Thunder! Thunderfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HenryGarfunkle

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

everyone in this thread wasted their time watching two non contenders

nice life

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan

nice life

Durant the clutch GOD!

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerRed
    I swear he did a similar thing last game against the Jazz. Played like a bitch, then came out and closed out the game with 11 straight points
    you don't need to, someone just told us about it in much more detailed fashion.

Last Sunday against the Kings he had a "just going through the motions and playing with no energy" almost the entire game, then he scores four points in the final 30 seconds or so and seals the win for OKC. He somehow still ended up with 20 points, 10 rebounds, and 4 assists on 7/13 shooting.

Friday night in Utah he plays like ass for three quarters, scoring just 10 points and basically just taking up space on the court the first three quarters. Then he scores 11 points in the final four minutes of the game, including a huge three and a game sealing pull-up jumper in the final minute. to hold off the Jazz for 94-90 win.

Then tonight he takes two f***ing shots the entire first half and is essentially nothing more than a warm body/scrub jogging or walking around the court and taking up space. That's what he was the entire first half at best. As a result, OKC scores just 38 points in the first half and are down 13 points at halftime. Durant pulls his head out of his ass in the second half, drops 29 and scores a clutch bucket in the final seconds in OT, and OKC comes back and wins by six.

In three of OKC's last five games Durant has gone through the motions for at least the first half, if not three quarters, and plays like he doesn't even care about being on the court. He's started to really piss me the f**k off and the only thing saving is that he's still managed to come up clutch when OKC needed him most.
    I like this version of Durant best, have you been listening to his post-game interviews? He is much more self aware than before and constantly seeks to make up for his mistakes or take himself out of in-game slumps. A characteristic he lacked before, also he is showing tha he is able to get back to rhythm and bring the team back too consequently which is even more crucial. KD believes in himself now more than any other time and it's a major factor for OKC

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan

nice life
    What were you doing five years ago?

Very good NBA starter

MJ played much the same way. Allow his teammates to get into a rythm in the first quarters and then taking over in the 3th and 4th.

It also allows Westbrook to do most of the bullfighting, then once the defense in tired in the 4th, Durant steps in like a Matador and places the kill-strike.

I think it is by design, the latest compromise between Durant and Westbrook. First 3 quarters are for Westbrook but the 4th is Durant's and his alone.

College superstar VengefulAngel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WayOfWade
    What were you doing five years ago?
    He was a Pau Gasol fan.

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by VengefulAngel
    He was a Pau Gasol fan.
    Makes sense, most Warrior fans were