Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Why are Miami so bad offensively?

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosBoozer
    No shooters
    Drag playing bad
    Spo needs a system for wade + bosh

No they need to emphasis Dragic and Bosh.
    Then Whiteside.

Wade should be playing 20-25 mpg off the bench, but they don't have the cajones to do it. He is the reason Dragic is having a bad season.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Then Whiteside.

Wade should be playing 20-25 mpg off the bench, but they don't have the cajones to do it. He is the reason Dragic is having a bad season.
    Wait, Whiteside should be ahead of Wade in the offensive pecking order? Is this real life? First of all, that's ridiculous beyond comprehension. Second of all, Wade IS Whiteside's offense for the most part.

The last sentence you wrote is cringeworthy.

The only thing I agree with that you may be alluding to is Wade needs to be playing more off the ball. The problem is he's still the Heat's best passer and playmaker, and he's the only player who can consistently create for himself and others.

Dragic just needs to play better. Period. He's missing open shots, making poor decisions, and turning the ball over with too much regularity. Wade has been guilty of the same things at times, but to blame him for Dragic's poor play is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    Wait, Whiteside should be ahead of Wade in the offensive pecking order? Is this real life? First of all, that's ridiculous beyond comprehension. Second of all, Wade IS Whiteside's offense for the most part.

The last sentence you wrote is cringeworthy.

The only thing I agree with that you may be alluding to is Wade needs to be playing more off the ball. The problem is he's still the Heat's best passer and playmaker, and he's the only player who can consistently create for himself and others.

Dragic just needs to play better. Period. He's missing open shots, making poor decisions, and turning the ball over with too much regularity. Wade has been guilty of the same things at times, but to blame him for Dragic's poor play is absurd.
    Wade's a net negative, his time has come and gone. Dragic, Bosh and Whiteside are the present and future. Well they are quickly losing Whiteside by letting Wade do whatever he wants.
    Dragic and Bosh need the ball more, with Wade in a Manu role.

Yes I said Whiteside, they need to run some plays for him to catch on the move or sealed under basket. Other starters being Green and Deng on the wing.

Wade can then play a Crawford role off the bench. He is completely overrated right now. He is a ball stopper and is holding back the team in the overall process.

You cannot expect Dragic to play at near allstar level alongside Wade. Wade is killing the teams chemistry and spacing with his level of minutes, place in the rotation and general attitude.

Wade's a net negative, his time has come and gone. Dragic, Bosh and Whiteside are the present and future. Well they are quickly losing Whiteside by letting Wade do whatever he wants.
    Dragic and Bosh need the ball more, with Wade in a Manu role.

Yes I said Whiteside, they need to run some plays for him to catch on the move or sealed under basket. Other starters being Green and Deng on the wing.

Wade can then play a Crawford role off the bench. He is completely overrated right now. He is a ball stopper and is holding back the team in the overall process.

You cannot expect Dragic to play at near allstar level alongside Wade. Wade is killing the teams chemistry and spacing with his level of minutes, place in the rotation and general attitude.
    Look, I don't completely disagree with some of those points, and I'll concede that Dragic and Wade are not an ideal back court fit, but I think you're overrating Dragic's abilities and underrating / undervaluing Wade's intelligence, playmaking, and passing ability. You're also ignoring his elite off-ball play. I understand what you're saying about the future, but Wade is still the Heat's best offensive player. Like I said before, he's the only player we have who can create for himself and others. Dragic struggles to make plays in the half court.

Wade and Whiteside need to be on the court together as much as possible. That is abundantly clear. They have great chemistry and Wade is the only player who can get Whiteside the ball in a position to score. If you want Whiteside to be more involved with the offense, it starts with Wade.

As for Wade being a ball stopper, I'm just not seeing it. He's moving the ball very well and his FGA are down, his 3rd lowest since his rookie year. The spacing issue is and has always been highly overrated in regards to Wade. His gravity is among the highest in the league, meaning he's shadowed off the ball out to the perimeter as if he were a deadly three point shooter. This has been well documented.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree about some of these things, and trust me, if I thought the Heat would be better off with Green starting I'd be all for it. Depending on what moves Riley makes in the off-season, Wade will likely have a reduced role next year and eventually become a 6th man. Right now he's producing at a level that only Jordan and Kobe have produced at in terms of SG's his age (23/6/5/1.5/0.5 per-36, 22 PER). He's playing better than many expected, including myself.
    Last edited by GrapeApe; 12-14-2015 at 02:30 AM.

Dragic has been underperforming

Bosh can't step up the offensive production

Then Whiteside.

That is really utter bollocks. Wade has saved Miami a number of games this season; Dragic, not so much. In fact, if Dragic could just make a few of the bucket-load of open 3 point shots he has been getting, there'd be more spacing, and the team'd be far better. As it is, Dragic has been putrid in all respects; this has nothing to do with Wade - only a real clown would think such an idiotic thing.

Dragic can't even play with Whiteside - Wade has probably got him over 20 or so lobs already this season. Dragic never seems to find the big guy: even when he's relatively open. Your blame is wholly misplaced here.

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    Yeah, they really miss his bonehead turnovers, poor shot selection, and inconsistent shooting.

J/K. Rio got a lot of shit from fans and teammates, but he was fearless and he came up big in some key situations during the Heat's championship runs. Yes he could be a bonehead sometimes, but he was OUR bonehead. It was tough to see him leave.
    Chalmers has been scoring like crazy for Memphis. He's getting to the line at James Harden-like rate (seriously. Look up his stats). We should have kept him

**** Moron Tragic

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    That is really utter bollocks. Wade has saved Miami a number of games this season; Dragic, not so much. In fact, if Dragic could just make a few of the bucket-load of open 3 point shots he has been getting, there'd be more spacing, and the team'd be far better. As it is, Dragic has been putrid in all respects; this has nothing to do with Wade - only a real clown would think such an idiotic thing.

Dresta is like a better version of Mathius.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

No shot creator (except for the 1 in 6 games Wade decide to show up). If they wanna score more they gonna let everything run through Dragic like his Suns day.

They have the world's strangest roster where it's a revolving door of missed games. Deng, Johnson, McRoberts, whoever. Then their bench is really anemic. A Darren Collison would benefit the team greatly. I don't see Udrih doing what he did for Memphis for Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by wally_world
    No shot creator (except for the 1 in 6 games Wade decide to show up). If they wanna score more they gonna let everything run through Dragic like his Suns day.
    Yes, lets completely gut and re-orient the team to make it average like Goran's Suns were.

The problem with Dragic is that he needs to play with 4 shooters if you are going to 'run everything through him' like in his Suns days. But yeah, let's get rid of Whiteside and Wade to accomodate 'no shot' Dragic. Guy was supposed to improve this team's spacing, yet he's worse than Chalmers in that regard - woeful.

Wade and Dragic were playing great last season. This season Dragic is sucking major balls. Spo is not a top tier coach.

Local High School Star

they were watching Lebron dribble the ball for 20 seconds over 4 years, they just dont know how to Play otherwise on offense.

i shake my head every time someone on TV says Mario Chalmers played PG for the Miami Heatles.

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

This offense is somewhat cured if the PG and SF positions can shoot >35% from 3. Bosh being their best 3pt shooter is absurd...well TJ can ball too.

Dragic...when you're a below-average to average half-court playmaker and you aren't a reliable spot-up shooter, you're basically getting paid to play offense like 10 times per game in transition. If he was a defensive beast, I wouldn't mind his offensive stat line...but he's not. Right now, give me Patty Mills, Bayless, Mo Williams, or even Patrick Beverly over him. Good thing is that I think he's playing at his worst so he can only go up from here.

No impact McRoberts. Just trade him for a pay-cutted Joe Johnson somehow.

People seem to forget that Dragic played 26 games for the HEAT last year. He played well. 16.6 points per game on 50% shooting. I don't know what happened to him. Don't need him to be an all star, just need him to play like last year.