Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    The Holy Trinity

Default Re: Why are Miami so bad offensively?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Ogg
    People seem to forget that Dragic played 26 games for the HEAT last year. He played well. 16.6 points per game on 50% shooting. I don't know what happened to him. Don't need him to be an all star, just need him to play like last year.
    Bosh is back. Last year, Dragic got to make an abundance of plays as the designated second option. Also, ball-dominant players are rhythm players. With fewer touches, he has less opportunity to get into his zone.

However, he's not going to have the ball on a team with Wade. If your choice is between maximizing Wade's game and maximizing that of Dragic (or any other player on the Heat roster), you maximize Wade 82 games a year. So Dragic has to find a way be a factor. Make shots, be efficient and make plays for others.

The bigger issue for me is Whiteside. There has to be a way to keep him on the floor and have him be effective. You can't tell me the game has evolved into small ball so much that a player that talented can only be a part-time role player.

Other things: Wade needs to play better. He's come up clutch in key moments, and he's playing less than 30 minutes a game, but his FG% is his career low and his ppg are his second lowest. Make more shots, score more points, win more games.

And finally, while I don't think Spoelstra is a bad coach, I do think the Heat would benefit from from a change and the opportunity to hear another voice (like, say, Tom Thibodeau). But, it will never happen because Spo has the support of both Riley and Wade.
    Last edited by jrong; 12-14-2015 at 06:32 PM.

The way they are utilizing Dragic makes his contract one of the worst in the NBA.

Plus the picks they gave up for him.

Quote Originally Posted by EricGordon23
    Dragic is having a shit year so that doesn't help too much.
    "Goran Dragic has not looked comfortable in Miami all season, rather he has looked hesitant and passive. He is scoring 10.9 points per game on 43.1 percent shooting, which would be his worst marksmanship since his rookie season. He

[QUOTE=Hey Yo]"Goran Dragic has not looked comfortable in Miami all season, rather he has looked hesitant and passive. He is scoring 10.9 points per game on 43.1 percent shooting, which would be his worst marksmanship since his rookie season. He

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    Bosh is back. Last year, Dragic got to make an abundance of plays as the designated second option. Also, ball-dominant players are rhythm players. With fewer touches, he has less opportunity to get into his zone.

However, he's not going to have the ball on a team with Wade. If your choice is between maximizing Wade's game and maximizing that of Dragic (or any other player on the Heat roster), you maximize Wade 82 games a year. So Dragic has to find a way be a factor. Make shots, be efficient and make plays for others.

The bigger issue for me is Whiteside. There has to be a way to keep him on the floor and have him be effective. You can't tell me the game has evolved into small ball so much that a player that talented can only be a part-time role player.

Other things: Wade needs to play better. He's come up clutch in key moments, and he's playing less than 30 minutes a game, but his FG% is his career low and his ppg are his second lowest. Make more shots, score more points, win more games.

And finally, while I don't think Spoelstra is a bad coach, I do think the Heat would benefit from from a change and the opportunity to hear another voice (like, say, Tom Thibodeau). But, it will never happen because Spo has the support of both Riley and Wade.
    My main problem with Dragic is his shooting. I could live with the fact that he isn't going to score too much while handling the ball...but the asshole misses all his open looks. He'd be averaging 3-4 more points if he could just make some open jumpers. I honestly think he was just overrated in general. People want to act like he was averaging 25 and 10 assist on that Suns team when he was averaging 20 and 6. That's good, but he wasn't close to as good as some people are trying to make him out to be. He's on a team not geared towards his assets...but he frankly was just never as good as he was coined to be. The fact that he has been unable to develop any chemistry with Whiteside doesn't help either.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 12-14-2015 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    My main problem with Dragic is his shooting. I could live with the fact that he isn't going to score too much while handling the ball...but the asshole misses all his open looks. He'd be averaging 3-4 more points if he could just make some open jumpers. I honestly think he was just overrated in general. People want to act like he was averaging 25 and 10 assist on that Suns team when he was averaging 20 and 6. That's good, but he wasn't close to as good as some people are trying to make him out to be. He's on a team not geared towards his assets...but he frankly was just never as good as he was coined to be.
    The whole team has been ass with the shot. Terrible.