Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    College superstar

Default Re: Mark price can play in the 80s and early 90s, but Steph Curry can't

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Of course. My arguments are terrible.

It is just coincidence that there were more efficient wing scorers back in the day scoring 20+ppg.
    i won't argue about the entire 80s decade, because my argument is mainly predicated on the late 80s/early 90s-on.

back then, there were players who could shoot from all areas of the floor e.g. durant, lebron and curry. you laugh at dale ellis, but like somebody else said, he was a player who could light it up from three. 47% one season averaging 4 attempts, while also killing it from midrange.

just look at the league stats - i'll leave it there.

the 90s and today's era have similar league eFG percentages and drtg's (look it up) - but the only difference is you cannot be physical like you could in the 90s. its no coincidence individual ppg rose after 2005, when handchecking was completely eliminated from the league.

Purvis Short would dominate to the tune of 40ppg this era. Right? I mean he was doing this shit with handchecking back in his day. Fark bro.
    i'm a huge fan of this era

i can admit curry is the goat shooter, that lebron would rape the 90s, etc..

i'm literally just stating the obvious and you guys can't handle it - hence the bs sarcasm.

Of course Curry can play in the 80's and 90's, he has the skills and mindset to be great in any era. Leflop on the otherhand.....

Only retards believe Curry wouldn't be an elite player in the 80's and 90's. Teams in the 80's and 90's would have even less answers for Curry's infinite range. Modern defenses have already had years to adjust to the increased 3-point efficiency and court spacing.