Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Mark price can play in the 80s and early 90s, but Steph Curry can't

Curry>>>mark Price

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Default Re: Mark price can play in the 80s and early 90s, but Steph Curry can't

It's hard to understand that because most haven't seen Price play, and Curry is beasting. But people really can't comprehend how different Curry would've been back then.

He'd have to dribble with his back turned to the defender just like every pg did back then.

Not saying he'd be Trent Tucker, but he ain't the player he is today.

And Price in his prime reminds me of Doug Flutie. Just a tough sob that somehow managed to make shit happen. Just hard to explain tbh.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    It's hard to understand that because most haven't seen Price play, and Curry is beasting. But people really can't comprehend how different Curry would've been back then.

He'd have to dribble with his back turned to the defender just like every pg did back then.

Not saying he'd be Trent Tucker, but he ain't the player he is today.

And Price in his prime reminds me of Doug Flutie. Just a tough sob that somehow managed to make shit happen. Just hard to explain tbh.
    Its hard to explain because its nonsense. No superstar will be different in any era they all would be good. Please Mark price was a sick player then can hit the outside shot and had handles. Curry does the samething except he a way better at dribbling and shooting

College superstar

nobody said curry couldn't play in the 90s you idiot.

they're saying he would be less effective, as the rules today are softer on the perimeter.

mark price would be even BETTER today because of said rules. greater than curry? no - but again, nobody is claiming that.

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    Its hard to explain because its nonsense. No superstar will be different in any era they all would be good. Please Mark price was a sick player then can hit the outside shot and had handles. Curry does the samething except he a way better at dribbling and shooting
    this. era stans are ****ing morons

Nikka... Why do you keep on rambling on with that weak-ass argument?

You realize that Mark Price was never remotely close to getting MVP, right? You realize he was only all-nba 1st once?
    Now, Curry's a better player than Price but it's still a long road from having the type of success that Mark had in his day to the type of success that Curry's having right now...

And who said that Curry couldn't PLAY in the 80s/90s??? Some people were just saying that he wouldn't be quite as good, or better yet, quite as dominant/successful as he is nowadays.

I tell you, these dumb mf'ers

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by SHAQisGOAT

You realize that Mark Price was never remotely close to getting MVP, right? You realize he was only all-nba 1st once?
    Now, Curry's a better player than Price but it's still a long road from having the type of success that Mark had in his day to the type of success that Curry's having right now...

And who said that Curry couldn't PLAY in the 80s/90s??? Some people were just saying that he wouldn't be quite as good, or better yet, quite as dominant/successful as he is nowadays.

its pure straw-manning.

look at the defensive stats in the 90s, and then tell yourself, this was WITH physical play & handchecking.

you remove that stuff aka today's rules, and you're only left with similar stats. curry is allowed to do whatever the f*** he wants, because nobody can touch him.

obvious is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    Curry's style would change as he wouldn't be able to play as freely as he currently does. Yes he has handles but they'd be limited because defenders would put more pressure on him. He wouldn't be receiving the same looks, plain and simple.

And Price did have a very quick and highly effective crossover and was lower to the floor which made it harder to guard off the dribble. Give Price today's rules and the argument is more realistic.

Curry's style would change as he wouldn't be able to play as freely as he currently does. Yes he has handles but they'd be limited because defenders would put more pressure on him. He wouldn't be receiving the same looks, plain and simple.

And Price did have a very quick and highly effective crossover and was lower to the floor which made it harder to guard off the dribble. Give Price today's rules and the argument is more realistic.
    Tell me Mark Price had a better crossover so I know to never take you serious on ISH again. Go ahead. Tell me. I also don't know how he had a "lower dribble" either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    Tell me Mark Price had a better crossover so I know to never take you serious on ISH again. Go ahead. Tell me. I also don't know how he had a "lower dribble" either.
    I see Curry get ripped from time to time. It was rare to see Price loose the pill.

You guys confuse aesthetics for efficiency.

Price was shorter so automatically he dribbled lower which made it harder to rip. And players back then used to dribble lower to the floor as opposed to today's players.

Go and check the dribbling styles and compare.

Players back then were thought to keep the ball below your knees and protect it with your body. Today's players are usually the complete opposite. They dribble almost fully erect with the ball above their knees.

So that's how Price dribbled with a lower center of gravity.

And if we overlook aesthetics and focus on efficiency then yes one can argue that Price has better handles.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    nobody said curry couldn't play in the 90s you idiot.

they're saying he would be less effective, as the rules today are softer on the perimeter.

mark price would be even BETTER today because of said rules. greater than curry? no - but again, nobody is claiming that.
    Go in that thread and you see peole claiming that. Curry might be slightly less effectie. He will still be a superstar.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by SHAQisGOAT

I never said he was all those things numnuts. He was like a 4 time allstar abd put up 20ppg and 9 asts with 44% from 3. Curry is way better then him and if he doing that imagine somebody way better would do

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    its pure straw-manning.

look at the defensive stats in the 90s, and then tell yourself, this was WITH physical play & handchecking.

you remove that stuff aka today's rules, and you're only left with similar stats. curry is allowed to do whatever the f*** he wants, because nobody can touch him.

obvious is obvious.
    People do touch him and play him play him physical, grab him, scratch him. Foh He barely ge5s Fts too.

Very good NBA starter

You forget that most dribbles Curry and ALL OTHER guards use today simply were not allowed in the 80s and 90s.

They actually called carry and they were strict. AI got called for carry his very first crossover.

Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgMbhTj8HcU

THAT WAS CALLED A CARRY.

Don't tell me that isn't how EVERY point guard does a crossover today?

IT WAS NOT ALLOWED.

The crossover that Price, Hardaway and more did, was a significantly more difficult crossover because they could not do hesitation, they had to feint with body position and speed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x08xxlOJQzk

Spot the difference, because I do.

I see Curry get ripped from time to time. It was rare to see Price loose the pill.

You guys confuse aesthetics for efficiency.

Price was shorter so automatically he dribbled lower which made it harder to rip. And players back then used to dribble lower to the floor as opposed to today's players.

Go and check the dribbling styles and compare.

Players back then were thought to keep the ball below your knees and protect it with your body. Today's players are usually the complete opposite. They dribble almost fully erect with the ball above their knees.

So that's how Price dribbled with a lower center of gravity.

And if we overlook aesthetics and focus on efficiency then yes one can argue that Price has better handles.
    curry doesn't really get ripped. he'll just throw a bad pass. it's very rare for stpehen curry to get ripped.
    you are literally just making shit up