NBA rookie of the year

Default I have a theory about basketball

High Impact players - Those who can turn a team into a title contender or at the very least win a lot of regular season games. Two examples would be Lebron and Shaq. Without the clutch scorer, their playoff careers are embarrassing. Pre-Miami Lebron only beat one 50 win team (2007 Pistons) and Shaq got swept in most of his elimination series before Kobe became a star.

Clutch Scorers - Those that will finish the deal when they are on a title contender. Kobe and Wade are my two examples. Without Shaq, they barely made the playoffs. Once they were matched up with their high impact player, they won multiple titles and repeated as champions.

You can be a mixture of both. The more of a clutch scorer you are, the more championships you'll win (Jordan 6, 3peated twice.., Kobe 5, 3peat and 2peat).

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: I have a theory about basketball

Can we see your studies and tests on this? What kinda P value lead to moving this study to a theory level?

It seems like an interesting hypothesis but again we need some results to understand why you've ready to call it a theory.

And 2014 Spurs was which model ?

Statistics doesn't calculate the one thing ; timing .

Timing means optimum necessary actions at this point . For an example ;

Total points or total opponent misses show theirs on paper but necessary points or necessary defensive stops doesn't . And clutch can't calculate . Clutch isn't meaning last 5 minutes points , clutch means "harder time" on the game .

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by feyki
    Statistics doesn't calculate the one thing ; timing .

Timing means optimum necessary actions at this point . For an example ;

Total points or total opponent misses show theirs on paper but necessary points or necessary defensive stops doesn't . And clutch can't calculate . Clutch isn't meaning last 5 minutes points , clutch means "harder time" on the game .
    with the sports cameras in use now, there really is nothing that can't be turned into a stat with the right programers behind them.

See, this is what happens when you don't post tmz material...Mr max.

Quote Originally Posted by dhsilv
    with the sports cameras in use now, there really is nothing that can't be turned into a stat with the right programers behind them.
    We have all datas about that from "play by play" since 2001 .

3-time NBA All-Star

Impact players are those who play the right way. Off the ball for scorers like kd, pg13, reggie miller, curry etc. Or pure pgs like cp3. And I dont think curry really is a score first pg like iverson coz he doesnt force the issue. Hes just too good of a scorer that what is bad shot for most pgs is a good shot for him.

Then there are players who are talented but doesnt play the right way like pre pjax jordan, bran, iverson, westbrook. Thats why it took bran 7 years before he made cle contenders. Impact players make teams cotenders right away. Cp3 made NO contenders in just 3 years. Durant too. And it seems like PG is gonna make indiana contenders despite having no talent. Curry made GSW contenders in just a few years and now a champion. Reggie miller had made indiana contenders multiple times in a tougher east while iverson made phi contenders only once at a time when east was so weak.

Banned

I have a theory about johnmax

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Down_syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    Impact players are those who play the right way. Off the ball for scorers like kd, pg13, reggie miller, curry etc. Or pure pgs like cp3. And I dont think curry really is a score first pg like iverson coz he doesnt force the issue. Hes just too good of a scorer that what is bad shot for most pgs is a good shot for him.

Then there are players who are talented but doesnt play the right way like pre pjax jordan, bran, iverson, westbrook. Thats why it took bran 7 years before he made cle contenders. Impact players make teams cotenders right away. Cp3 made NO contenders in just 3 years. Durant too. And it seems like PG is gonna make indiana contenders despite having no talent. Curry made GSW contenders in just a few years and now a champion. Reggie miller had made indiana contenders multiple times in a tougher east while iverson made phi contenders only once at a time when east was so weak.
    The NO hornets were never contenders unless losing by 58 to Carmelo and Chauncey makes you a contender.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMax
    High Impact players - Those who can turn a team into a title contender or at the very least win a lot of regular season games. Two examples would be Lebron and Shaq. Without the clutch scorer, their playoff careers are embarrassing. Pre-Miami Lebron only beat one 50 win team (2007 Pistons) and Shaq got swept in most of his elimination series before Kobe became a star.

Clutch Scorers - Those that will finish the deal when they are on a title contender. Kobe and Wade are my two examples. Without Shaq, they barely made the playoffs. Once they were matched up with their high impact player, they won multiple titles and repeated as champions.

You can be a mixture of both. The more of a clutch scorer you are, the more championships you'll win (Jordan 6, 3peated twice.., Kobe 5, 3peat and 2peat).
    I think on some levels this is a decent assessment of one fundamental core you can win a title with.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by TripleA
    The NO hornets were never contenders unless losing by 58 to Carmelo and Chauncey makes you a contender.
    That was cp3 after the injury. And 3rd yr cp3 was top 2 in the west.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    I have a theory about johnmax

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Down_syndrome
    Very likely, but I think it's autism/aspergers