Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Why is Cp3 still more respected than Melo???

Better player. No gm or team would give two shits about anything you mentioned when deciding which of them they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Championship teams generally have great rosters...noooooooo, really?...tell me more. How does this change the fact that Lebron was on a completely different level (especially considering this one of his best defensive seasons and Melo plays no defense at all) when compared to Carmelo in 2013? He had absolutely NO CASE for MVP in 2013 and you just make yourself look like a bigger fool than we already know you to be by saying he was snubbed.
    Explain 2005 and 2006 Nash then. If Melo had wade, allen, bosh and a bunch of spot up 3 point shooters he would excel better too. Nice players around definitely matters bro and you know it. Melo had little help compared to bronna in 2013 and he still managed to lead team to 2nd seed in tha east which means Melo was more valuable. Heat didn't need Bron like that.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Melo was the ROY and the MVP in 2013.

Robbed both times.

He's probably come to the understanding that what you do on the court is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Better player. No gm or team would give two shits about anything you mentioned when deciding which of them they wanted.
    Explain to me how Cp3 can't make it to tha 3rd round too with way better players around him then? Cp3 should not get passes for that. People need to be fair.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    Explain 2005 and 2006 Nash then. If Melo had wade, allen, bosh and a bunch of spot up 3 point shooters he would excel better too. Nice players around definitely matters bro and you know it. Melo had little help compared to bronna in 2013 and he still managed to lead team to 2nd seed in tha east which means Melo was more valuable. Heat didn't need Bron like that.
    Nash turned a 29 win team into a 62 win team and then led the same team minus Stoudemire to 54 wins in the following season, all while putting up ATG shooting numbers and offensive impact.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Melo was the ROY and the MVP in 2013.

Robbed both times.

He's probably come to the understanding that what you do on the court is irrelevant.
    Yea man he definitely was robbed that rookie year knowing that his team made playoffs while bronna just missed it. That's why he was robbed again in 2013. LeBron will always be a pampered manufactured star who definitely don't deserve 80 percent of his awards.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Explain to me how Cp3 can't make it to tha 3rd round too with way better players around him then? Cp3 should not get passes for that. People need to be fair.
    Why? Because Melo was on a really good Nuggets team that had to beat a pretty weak Mavs team in the 2nd round?

Please...CP3 has been a consistently better player than Melo for years now.

Also, if Melo played like he did in 09 routinely...especially in the playoffs...you'd have a better argument.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 11-22-2015 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Ummmm did you check the season before CP3 got traded? He tanked that entire year. He was 'injured'.
    OH yeah I definitely remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Why? Because Melo was on a really good Nuggets team that had to beat a pretty weak Mavs team in the 2nd round?

Please...CP3 has been a consistently better player than Melo for years now.

Also, if Melo played like he did in 09 routinely...especially in the playoffs...you'd have a better argument.
    09 mavs was not weak bro. Cp3 had better teams regardless of what u say. Every year with the stacked clippers he either lose in round 1 or tha semis. If that was Melo he would butchered way more than Cp3 and you know it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

09 mavs was not weak bro. Cp3 had better teams regardless of what u say. Every year with the stacked clippers he either lose in round 1 or tha semis. If that was Melo he would butchered way more than Cp3 and you know it.
    the 09 mavs were nothing special at all...they were a relatively weak final 4 team in the conference.

i agree that Paul has some blame for what has gone on these last 2 years, but Melo isn't the guy I'm turning towards as an example of the guy I want leading teams in the playoffs.

And Melo generally is inefficient as hell in the playoffs...which hurts a ball stopping scorer that doesn't make teammates better and doesn't defend

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Carmelo was snubbed for MVP in 2013? LOL...Lebron was on a completely different level. It's been awhile since you said something incredibly stupid...but here you are, right back at it. Ghetto clown.

A leopard can't change it's spots.

Last season the Clippers started Barnes and Redick, two guys who would be bench players on most good teams. Their bench sucked too so let's not pretend like they had a stacked team, especially in the west.

NBA lottery pick

Paul is and has been the better player. Even if you value the scoring title, Paul actually plays defense something melo just doesn't do.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    Last season the Clippers started Barnes and Redick, two guys who would be bench players on most good teams. Their bench sucked too so let's not pretend like they had a stacked team, especially in the west.
    Compared to Melo's teams, Cp3 had better rosters and had Crawford coming off the bench.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

If the Clippers were still the Buffalo Braves and instead of playing the Warriors and Thunder the first two rounds they played the 38 win Hawks and 44 win Wizards as they would have when they won 57 a couple years ago is anyone on the Clippers better at basketball? Take a moment to marinate on that.

You are talking up beating a 50 win Mavs team in the second round like it makes players on the Nuggets better than beating a 55 win defending champion spurs team in the first round makes the Clippers....

Your argument is simply lacking in common sense and has nothing to do with how good these players or teams are at basketball.

The fact that you seem to think "didnt" and "cant" are the same thing is reason enough not to have a real discussion with you.

If you cant grasp the difference there you would never understand why basketball fans, players, coaches, GMs, and legends clearly hold Paul in higher regard. So why explain it?

So you can say "Wuteva niguh. Melo still betta" like the cretin you like to present yourself as?

Support Melo all you like. Its what fans are supposed to do. But do realize you are a fan. You are the unreasonably emotional one here who isnt looking at it fairly. Not the rest of the basketball world.