Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Okafor is Loving Life in Philly

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    A year ago everyone on this board was succin his d1ck as the consensus number 1. This is the guy people were tanking for. Now everyone hops off.

smh

He's just gotta tough it out and be mentally strong. Atleast he isn't out there smiling and goofing off like Dwight.

True, I actually have more respect for the guy now after seeing this gif. He's not content with being on a shit franchise.

Good college starter SwayDizzle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
    How would you feel if you have won at the highest level on every playform dating back to the 3rd grade (his 3rd grade aau team beat a Tyus Jones led team) and now cant win a single nba game
    this

Quote Originally Posted by salwan
    they remind me of the edmonton oilers so much.

a losing culture is very harmful for the development of young players IMO
    Brett Brown and the coaching staff are doing a good job keeping their morale up things like this happen you show emotion when you lose this many in a row he's used to winning at everything I'm sure jahlils father is staying in his ear making sure he doesn't lose his confidence. He's been putting in the work and coming in early he just needs to know there's light at the end of this tunnel, Embiid has been better this season with his rehab he's been eating properly and taking all the right precautions and wearing the boot. They brought in Big Z who had the same surgery twice on the same bone to give him some help and advice Big Z had 9 successful seasons after he came back hopefully so can Embiid he's a great talent and it would be a shame never to see him play

Quote Originally Posted by swagga
    that country of yours is renowned for its exquisite cultural legacy tbh. I even worked there in the late 90s, the culture was absolutely charring, renown all over the world for its impeccable diplomatic relations.
    You are actually a very stupid person.

Quote Originally Posted by AI09
    Very talented player but laker fans looking at every box score for okafor porzingiz and Mudiay more than russel trying to justify the pick but even they know lakers fuked up

Comparisons between the two pointguards

mudiay:

12.5 ppg
    3.9 reb
    6.3 ast
    33% shooting

Russell:

10.2 ppg
    4.1 reb
    2.7 ast
    39% shooting

The only one they missed out on is Porzingis TBA. I'm not that sold on Okafor who is putting up numbers on a shit team and Mudiay and Russell aren't that far off. Stop

Outside of Okafor and Noel, that team is garbage with no long term players. The only veteran on the team is Carl Landry.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salwan
    they remind me of the edmonton oilers so much.

a losing culture is very harmful for the development of young players IMO
    It is, but Okafor isn't going to be anything special anyway. When somebody said the next Brook Lopez...that was pretty accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    It is, but Okafor isn't going to be anything special anyway. When somebody said the next Brook Lopez...that was pretty accurate.
    Can you imagine if you Kanter was on Philly and was given the green light? He'd be beasting it up too. But the difference is Okafor is young and can still change (I hope).

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Outside of Okafor and Noel, that team is garbage with no long term players. The only veteran on the team is Carl Landry.
    The FO doesn't care about the talent level of the roster all they want is assets and Hinkie has done a great job of that. No long term commitment and the cap on the rise = freedom. We have our pick which will be top 3 we will also have lakers pick if they fall out of top 3 and the heat and Thunder picks are almost locks to come over. We will have Dario Saric who is coming over next season (I'm not sold on him but GMs say he's the best player overseas not in the nba) also hopefully we can see Embiid healthy next year. I see a couple players on this roster who could develop to be long term nba players

Jerami Grant in my opinion would get picked up by any team able to if he were waived today.
    Covington when healthy is a good role player who can knock down the 3 if he were waived he'd have a spot in the nba. Isiah Cannon has his moments he would also have a roster spot somewhere else. Stauskas if he were waived I'm sure there would be plenty teams calling. These are not great players the only reason they are getting this much exposure is to see who has trade value and who could be a part of the future. Wroten before the injury showed he can play in the nba but let's see how he is when he gets back.

When the right superstar becomes available we will have assets to make a run for him, having top 5 picks every year also gives you a more likely chance to draft a superstar.

Local High School Star

So am I, the Sixers helped me get a Large Pizza and Soda for $7.00 from Papa Johns since they score 91 pts

Quote Originally Posted by PWB15
    So am I, the Sixers helped me get a Large Pizza and Soda for $7.00 from Papa Johns since they score 91 pts

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Comparisons between the two pointguards

mudiay:

12.5 ppg
    3.9 reb
    6.3 ast
    33% shooting

Russell:

10.2 ppg
    4.1 reb
    2.7 ast
    39% shooting

The only one they missed out on is Porzingis TBA. I'm not that sold on Okafor who is putting up numbers on a shit team and Mudiay and Russell aren't that far off. Stop
    I don't think you missed out on Mudiay but definitely missed out on okafor. He just turned 20 and he's getting triple teamed. He's at 18 8 and just under 2 blks idc what team you are on if you are getting triple teamed and still shooting 48% at 20 years old you have a future. Russel is also on a shit team and he's shooting under 40 percent and I thought he was this great play maker ? I think he just makes a fancy pass here and there and people call him Magic because he's on the lakers. He's definitely getting the minutes just not producing but I'd rather have Mudaiy run my team than russel tbh
    Last edited by AI09; 11-22-2015 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    the team is actually better without him, Hinkie is running a pump and dump operation on his @ss like he's a cheap stock

Jah Lil D 0for14, glad we passed on him

there's something very beta about his face
    Why you melting down over a rookie, who's on a garbage ass team? Saw you melting down in the Heat-Sixers GT as well.

Philly's "plan" is shit. They've been tanking hard for 3 years, and all they have to show for it is Okafor and Noel, who don't fit together at all. Noel will probably get traded. Who the hell knows what's happening with Embiid. Oh, and Saric comes over next year. Cool.

Are they ever gonna put together something that resembles a real NBA team?

Guarantee that Philly will be picking a big man in this draft.