Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: Okafor is Loving Life in Philly

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Philly's "plan" is shit. They've been tanking hard for 3 years, and all they have to show for it is Okafor and Noel, who don't fit together at all. Noel will probably get traded. Who the hell knows what's happening with Embiid. Oh, and Saric comes over next year. Cool.

Are they ever gonna put together something that resembles a real NBA team?
    To clarify, this is the third year they've tanked. In 2012 they were in the playoffs as an overmatched treadmill team.

They have picks to trade if somebody notable becomes available. Up to 4 in next year's first round and potentially two in the top 4 if things work out in a best case scenario.

Covington would start for the Clippers right now, and could on other wing-starved clubs. He's making the minimum this year and the next 2. He'll be better served as the 1st wing off the bench on a great team, but he's an NBA caliber player (unlike several on the 76ers roster).

Stauskas has been awful so far but could be a nice role player in a couple years. He may be a total bust, but they got him for free essentially.

Okafor and Noel don't fit at all, and Noel seems pouty this year as a result. I think they'd pick Noel over Okafor, especially b/c Okafor's offensive stats probably boosted his trade value. Noel's offensive stats are awful b/c he's forced to jack up jumpers with 0 room to operate.

They have young bigs who are really raw in Christian Wood and Richaun Holmes locked up on the standard Hinkie deal (4 years/non-guaranteed/minimum salary).

Embiid and Saric are joining the team next year, which doesn't help balance the roster at all. But Saric could be a decent trade chip (NBA GMs ranked him the best non-NBA pro).

They don't have just Noel and Okafor, but those are by far their most valuable pieces. The rest are meh mostly because they're playing terribly.

Local High School Star

I don't care what the Sixers record is, the bottom line is this: Okafor is making almost $5 million a year as a 19-20 year old. Let me state that again: Okafor is making almost $5 MILLION A YEAR AS A 19-20 YEAR OLD.

He should really stop complaining at this point in his life/career. Instead, he should just play his game, look to win rookie or the year, and seek to improve as a player. He can win games later.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by midatlantic09
    I don't care what the Sixers record is, the bottom line is this: Okafor is making almost $5 million a year as a 19-20 year old. Let me state that again: Okafor is making almost $5 MILLION A YEAR AS A 19-20 YEAR OLD.

He should really stop complaining at this point in his life/career. Instead, he should just play his game, look to win rookie or the year, and seek to improve as a player. He can win games later.
    are you serious?

"he can win games later" how can you possibly have such a loser mentality?

Quote Originally Posted by midatlantic09

He just won a national championship at Duke why would he accept losing

Plus he probably got a couple thousand to go to Duke already

College star

Okafor just needs to make sure his team wins more than the Lakers for the season to be considered a success.

Okafor would have been better off staying in school had he been able to avoid the 76ers.

He entered by far the worst situation. No other lotto team is as dysfunctional and toxic for a rookie. The fanbase doesn't even like him and sees Noel as their franchise player right now.

Decent playground baller LikeMike's Avatar

He needs to learn D.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigVeto
    Okafor just needs to make sure his team wins more than the Lakers for the season to be considered a success.
    Well that's not going to happen.