Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How bad is that Bucks trade now?

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    would it be beneficial to stealth tank this year for u guys?
    I'm gonna give it a few more weeks but if we keep playing like this yes. Like I said Giannis/Jabari have re-affirmed to me that they're the franchise players, no one else matters except Middleton I guess. They're both only 20 years old so missing the PO this year wouldn't be that bad.

I don't think this is a bad roster but just a bad team. One is inherently f*cked and the other is bad but fixable. All the problems have been injuries and commitment. Kidd has to grow a pair and hold players accountable.

Skiles' hardass coaching would be pretty nice right about now..

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    I'm gonna give it a few more weeks but if we keep playing like this yes. Like I said Giannis/Jabari have re-affirmed to me that they're the franchise players, no one else matters except Middleton I guess. They're both only 20 years old so missing the PO this year wouldn't be that bad.

I don't think this is a bad roster but just a bad team. One is inherently f*cked and the other is bad but fixable. All the problems have been injuries and commitment. Kidd has to grow a pair and hold players accountable.

Skiles' hardass coaching would be pretty nice right about now.
    ha, it isn't going to well over here either.

We really f*cked up not taking that Lakers pick. Giannis and Jabari have looked like future all-stars so far, Giannis moreso than Jabari because he didn't miss a year. Potentially adding a top 4-5 pick like Jamal Murray, Jaylen Brown, possibly even Skal if he drops past the top 3...would be incredible. Getting a tanking pick without actually tanking.

But I will take MCW 10 times out of 10 over Knight for this team. Knight is doing well as a combo guard next to a star point guard in Bledsoe in Hornacek's 2PG offense but he was an abysmal fit here and we did even worse with him on the floor than MCW. If you rely on him to run your offense and get others involved consistently you will fail completely and he will put up numbers at the expense of making everyone around him better. As weak as MCW is he's still a fantastic defender and at least tries to find guys so overall on most nights he's a net neutral.
    Come on man cut the crap. You praised Knight when you had him and bashed MCW at every turn, once the trade happened you started praising mcw and what kidd can do to his game. The bucks team was way better with knight than MCW the record shows it. Knight was carrying that banged up team last year to the playoffs, MCW almost single Handley took them out of it last year. Only reason bucks did this trade was because they didn't want to pay knight same thing that happened when they traded Jennings for knight on a rookie contract.

Quote Originally Posted by AI09
    Come on man cut the crap. You praised Knight when you had him and bashed MCW at every turn, once the trade happened you started praising mcw and what kidd can do to his game. The bucks team was way better with knight than MCW the record shows it. Knight was carrying that banged up team last year to the playoffs, MCW almost single Handley took them out of it last year. Only reason bucks did this trade was because they didn't want to pay knight same thing that happened when they traded Jennings for knight on a rookie contract.
    Lmao at this nonsense. The Bucks struggling after the all star break was because our bench completely fell off a cliff, from one of the best to literally one of the worst. A combination of fatigue, injures, and unsustainable shooting coming back down to earth. Our starters with MCW actually played better than our lineups with Knight before the trade.

Saying Knight "carried us" to the playoffs is one of the dumbest things I've heard about our team and shows you have no idea what you're talking about.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    ha, it isn't going to well over here either.
    Orlando has improved in everything, our problem is just giving up runs with sloppy play and a roster that doesn't really fit well yet. Need to make a trade or a couple players need to adjust their roles but I think it's been positive. Frustrating because at times we look good enough to be a play off team but then follow up a great quarter where we can compete with top teams with a rubbish quarter where we could lose to lottery teams.

I agree MCW is better than Knight (I don't think his play is a winning style) for this team but did ANYONE actually think MCW was legit? He was the definition of stats on a bad team, had an offence where he could do anything and put up points and assists but with horrendous shooting % and turnovers which shows they were inflated. I always thought he'd be a nice back up guard off the bench, bring in his size as a mismatch guy where if he's not playing well he's not a key piece so it doesn't matter.

Lmao at this nonsense. The Bucks struggling after the all star break was because our bench completely fell off a cliff, from one of the best to literally one of the worst. A combination of fatigue, injures, and unsustainable shooting coming back down to earth. Our starters with MCW actually played better than our lineups with Knight before the trade.

Saying Knight "carried us" to the playoffs is one of the dumbest things I've heard about our team and shows you have no idea what you're talking about.
    I know exactly what I'm talking about if you had MCW from day 1 last season your team wouldn't be a playoff team. Look at this season you have a better roster but your record sucks . It's funny to me how you can bash a player so much but once he's on your team you bend over backwards to defend him. Everyone on this board knows that trade was horrible for the bucks and everyone knows Knight was better for that team than MCW. How many times have you bashed MCW before the trade please tell me because you always seem to leave that part out even you know knight is better than mcw as a player and for this team. Please cut the bullshit man

Quote Originally Posted by AI09
    I know exactly what I'm talking about if you had MCW from day 1 last season your team wouldn't be a playoff team. Look at this season you have a better roster but your record sucks . It's funny to me how you can bash a player so much but once he's on your team you bend over backwards to defend him. Everyone on this board knows that trade was horrible for the bucks and everyone knows Knight was better for that team than MCW. How many times have you bashed MCW before the trade please tell me because you always seem to leave that part out even you know knight is better than mcw as a player and for this team. Please cut the bullshit man
    Please continue talking out of your ass. Anyone who actually watched the Bucks play could see Knight was an over dribbling, low IQ, bad defense pseudo PG who got his numbers at the expense of everyone around him. Our team factually played better with MCW than with Knight, the difference was the bench and defense. Retards like you just see the record and the PPGZZZZ on the stat sheet and assume he was this all star PG but that could not be further from the truth. I'm out though. Enjoy your winless season

Please continue talking out of your ass. Anyone who actually watched the Bucks play could see Knight was an over dribbling, low IQ, bad defense pseudo PG who got his numbers at the expense of everyone around him. Our team factually played better with MCW than with Knight, the difference was the bench and defense. Retards like you just see the record and the PPGZZZZ on the stat sheet and assume he was this all star PG but that could not be further from the truth. I'm out though. Enjoy your winless season
    Lol first you call me a retard because all I see is wins than you make a joke about a winless season........
    No shit I see wins because that's what matters. If your team is doing that much better with mcw than knight the record will show. Ever since the trade this team has been struggling ..again you side step the fact that you bashed MCW more than anyone on this thread now he's a buck so he's better than knight now? Mcw is a good player numbers were inflated due to being in philly but as you can see for yourself hes still turning the ball over at the same pace and his fg% about the same. You can't even compare mcw to knight. Everything you used to bash mcw when he was in philly is a lot worse now don't turn a blind eye and bullshit on this board because he's a buck now everyone and there mother would rather have knight than mcw. You say Knight got his at the expense of every one else? I dont see that in phx. Also your team dished out more asissts with knight than mcw nice try buddy.The bench crashed last season but the main reason you guys started falling apart is no one was able to fill knights shoes. He was your best offensive weapon and your leader losing that makes a bigger impact on your team than your bench falling off.

Edit ..I will enjoy this season it's no secret philly is tanking.. the bucks on the other hand are trying as hard as they can paid all that money to Middleton and Monroe and for what a top 10 draft pick? Last year gave the bucks false hopes they are back where they belong at the low end of the east only thing now is they have huge contracts to pay p.s Knight is playing at a all star level but won't make it in the west.
    Last edited by AI09; 11-22-2015 at 07:19 PM.

Decent college freshman

I'm too lazy to look it up but I'm pretty sure by net rating you guys got worse after the swap. Some of that is noise (injuries to rotation guys, bad shooting, etc.), though. I don't believe Knight is a PG and is best suited to being a chucker 6th man on a great team, but statistically he made that team better than MCW did, at least on offense by virtue of his impressive isolation scoring. So basically, I'm saying you really messed up not taking the LAL pick. I know you said that in this thread already, but man you guys could have been primed for an insane summer.

Thomas/Plums/LAL pick was the trade to make for Knight. Even throwing in the LAC first would have made that deal fair and a homerun for you guys.

Idk if you guys would still be struggling with Thomas vs. MCW. If you decided to tank, you'd potentially two top 10 picks (which currently stand at #4 & #9) to add to Giannis, Jabari, and Middleton.

I also didn't like picking Vaughn over Portis. Thought his shooting from the PF/C spots would have been awesome off the bench for you guys long term.

70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

So do the Bucks want Knight back or what? I'd give them

Knight is good, MCW is bad. The Bucks were good with Knight, they got worse without him.

Milbuck hates the dude but it's pretty clear it was a bad trade. They have no depth either and Monroe is gonna kill any team's defense but I still think the Knight -> MCW move was pants on head retarded.

I think they should've kept him but obviously that trade for the Lakers' pick would've been a hell of a lot better return than MCW who simply isn't a starting caliber PG.

Decent playground baller LikeMike's Avatar

MCW made suck, but the Bucks still have a nice looking future.