Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned

Default Re: Demarcus cousins sweepstakes

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    When they hire a new coach and still lose and DMC asks out at the all star break they will lose their leverage and not get a max return.
    In the same frame that I wouldn't have an informed opinion on Orlando or their players, I wouldn't expect the same of you

You clearly don't have a grasp of what is actually going on in Sacramento, nor an accurate value of the players

When they hire a new coach and still lose and DMC asks out at the all star break they will lose their leverage and not get a max return. He's been in the league 6 years now and hasn't put up a winning season. At some point that brushes off on the player not just the management.
    Have you seen some of the shit they've surrounded him with?
    Wasted picks and horrible signings, so many coaching changes.. The one time they started to look decent early last season, they fired the coach for no reason. Malone wasn't it?

Should have moved the team to Seattle.

I'd love to see boogie on a decent team before he's wasted away all his prime. So much potential gone to waste..

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dhsilv
    This is imo the first real franchise level player that's been available during the rebuilding process. They like big men. This doesn't actually end the Embiid experiment.

The only possible issue is that the NBA has essentially removed the value of cap space with the cap rise. So this deal might not be enough to get Cousins which I think is the max they'd consider paying as you did mention real risks with him.

All that said I think they're still 2 years from wanting to make this kind of move as I think he wants more assets both short and long before he makes a move. That way if one fails, he'll have the ammo to do another round of trades.
    If Paul George is available this summer they'd gladly throw Okafor and both the MIA & OKC picks Bird's way.

I think they want to play a different style. It doesn't even have much to do with Embiid either. Noel is a stud @ C. Embiid at this point is more likely to be a back-up, which is fine. Saric is likely suited to a backup role, too. I have real doubts Okafor becomes an average PnR defender. Finding an Ibaka-type that complements him on both ends is really hard to find, though more of those guys may come along now in the draft. Their best bet is to play 4-out, 1-in with the C rolling hard to hoop everytime imo.

If 76ers can land Simmons/Ingram with their #1, a guy like Murray with the LAL pick (if it conveys) and can make a move for PG-13, they'll be set. They'd still have a ton of cap space, too, after that trade.

he is too talented to trade, no matter how infuriating he is.

The guy is like a 7ft Blake Griffin

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Have you seen some of the shit they've surrounded him with?
    Wasted picks and horrible signings, so many coaching changes.. The one time they started to look decent early last season, they fired the coach for no reason. Malone wasn't it?

Should have moved the team to Seattle.

I'd love to see boogie on a decent team before he's wasted away all his prime. So much potential gone to waste..
    I agree he's a good player, he's undoubtedly a top 3 centre in the league, has a case for top centre but my point is that in this league it's rare to get fair value back for a star that's been on a winning team. It's rare for a player to be moved for another star player.

If it reaches the point where Demarcus is asking out with his track record people aren't going to be paying fair value for him. It's not his fault he's been on horrible teams with horrible management but it is partly his fault how some of the situations have panned out and how immature he's acted (at least from what we've seen come out in public). The kings situation now becomes hard though because he's got the leverage in the relationship so he gets what he wants when what he needs is some suck it up tough love while putting in the work and time with the whole team to get better as a unit.

I agree he's a good player, he's undoubtedly a top 3 centre in the league, has a case for top centre but my point is that in this league it's rare to get fair value back for a star that's been on a winning team. It's rare for a player to be moved for another star player.

If it reaches the point where Demarcus is asking out with his track record people aren't going to be paying fair value for him. It's not his fault he's been on horrible teams with horrible management but it is partly his fault how some of the situations have panned out and how immature he's acted (at least from what we've seen come out in public). The kings situation now becomes hard though because he's got the leverage in the relationship so he gets what he wants when what he needs is some suck it up tough love while putting in the work and time with the whole team to get better as a unit.

The current roster with minor tweaks should be good for 7-8 in the west, they need to get rid of Karl though he's a horrible fit..
    They're wasting a good opportunity now with other teams struggling so hard to start the year

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    The current roster with minor tweaks should be good for 7-8 in the west, they need to get rid of Karl though he's a horrible fit..
    They're wasting a good opportunity now with other teams struggling so hard to start the year
    I don't mind their roster now, rondo's been done dirty rep wise and if he finds his form he's a great player, but I still see their current issues and blow ups as problematic attitude wise. The majority of times you bring in a new system and new players (especially someone like Rondo who likes to dictate his teams game) it'll take time to work things out as a unit. Kings losing right now isn't an issue long term. If I were them I'd be expecting an improvement over last year but I wouldn't be thinking play offs until next season when all the players get comfortable and the culture starts improving. They went in to this year expecting to win right away though and now the players are throwing fits because that's not happening. It's becoming a pattern that's possibly wrongly linked to Cousins but he's the key player on a few publicised blow ups now within the team and eventually that rubs off on a players image around the league.

rank sentamentalist

celtics

before year end

they are going to overpay for cousins with the pick + extras

then pursue durant in the offseason... and kd won't be able to resist

thomas
    smart
    durant
    johnson
    cousins

bradley, olynyk, crowder off the bench

dayum

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I just wouldn't do it for Cousins. He's too risky to have on a team like the Sixers.

He needs to go to a team with a solid infrastructure in place like the Celtics.
    I think they can build very quickly, but I see where you're going there. They would need to get a vet imo if they made that move.