Page 67 of 70 FirstFirst ... 175764656667686970 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1048
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: 2015-16 Utah Jazz - The tanking is over!

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...for-Burke.html

[QUOTE]Burke acknowledged that he always wonders what would have happened if he

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Can always look to upgrade every player. I know the coach likes Conley but if what we have seen from Mack is real than I'm fine with him for now. I thought they were fine with Neto and I think he potentially can be a Mack type player. He was doing some of the same things when they ran they pick and roll through him instead of just spotting him up for 3. I liked the offense running through the wings but it certainly seems to work better through the 1.

The biggest thing now is can they pay Gobert, Hayward and Mack after next season and still have enough for Favors, Hood and maybe Exum while filling out the rest of the roster?
    Tbh I don't think they'll have enough, that or like we've already established the Jazz won't pay up. I bet you they'll hold onto everyone but Hayward, because he'll demand too much money and the Jazz will keep Gobert. Also the offense does seem to be doing better with the PG's running the show, not seeing too many empty posessions like I used to.
    And wait, McCollum was available to the Jazz in that draft?! I had no clue, just goes to show how dire the PG situation was. Jazz already had Burks so they figured they'd be fine, although that reminds me that we had no clue Alec would have these injuries consecutive years.
    Last edited by WayOfWade; 03-27-2016 at 03:10 AM.

Be tough to let Hayward go. I thought if Rodney could play like he did for a month all the time maybe but it doesn't look like he will.

Favors seems most likely to go at the moment to me. Lyles could stretch the floor more like they want. Mack if Exum/Neto step up. Might have to choose between Alec and Hood as the 6th man eventually too.

Sure send me the link. Thanks

WayOfWade

Sounds good, and the Jazz got a good win today! Mack struggled but did a good job overall. The next game against the Lakers is a must-win, the only games in their upcoming schedule that they should be allowed to lose are against GS and SA; the rest are very winnable and the Jazz should get it done
    Last edited by WayOfWade; 03-27-2016 at 03:10 AM.

WayOfWade

It worked, now we wait and see if Jeff is alerted to it or not

WayOfWade

I know, early in the year I would cringe a bit whenever he shot, and he kept shooting those one-footed jumpers. At least now he's established himself as a legitimate NBA player, it'll be interesting to see what happens to him once Dante comes back

He's ahead of Dante in my mind until proven otherwise.

Happy Easter everyone!

WayOfWade

Happy Easter!
    As for the day, couldn't've gone better, both the Kings and the Rockets lost winnable games. The Jazz are now the 7 seed, and it's looking a lot like the Mavericks will be the team left out of the post season. I initially thought it'd be the Blazers, but the Mavs have been free falling for some time now

WayOfWade

Quick little analysis on the playoffs situation that I did myself:
    As it stands now, here are the rankings 6-9 in the Western Conference:
    Blazers: 38-36
    Jazz: 36-37
    Rockets: 36-38
    Mavericks: 35-38

Here is the remaining schedule for each of those teams:
    Blazers: vs. Kings, vs. Celtics, vs. Heat, @ Warriors, @ Kings, vs. Thunder, vs. Wolves, vs. Nuggets 6 games in Portland, 2 on the road. 4 games against playoff teams, 4 games against non-playoff teams
    Jazz: vs. Lakers, vs. Warriors, vs. Wolves, @ Suns, vs. Spurs, vs. Clippers, @ Nuggets, vs. Mavericks, @lakers. 6 games in SLC, 3 games away. 3 games against playoff teams, 6 games against non-playoff teams
    Rockets: @ Cavs, vs. Bulls, vs. Thunder, @ Mavericks, vs. Suns, vs. Lakers, @ Wolves, vs. Kings. 5 games in Houston, 3 games away. 2 games against Playoff teams, 6 games against non-playoff teams
    Mavericks: @ Nuggets, vs. Knicks, @ Pisons, @ Wolves, vs. Rockets, vs. Grizzlies, @ Clippers, @ Jazz, vs. Spurs. 4 games in Dallas, 5 games away. 5 games against playoff teams, 4 games against non-playoff teams

Assuming every team loses to the teams with better records and beats the teams with worse records, the standings should end up something like this:
    6. Blazers 42-40
    7. Rockets 42-40
    8. Jazz 42-40
    9. Mavericks 39-43

Now obviously anything can happen, but the Mavs have by far the toughest schedule, closing out the year against 5 playoff teams, not to mention having the most away games out of the bunch with 5. This would set up a Warriors/Jazz series, a Spurs/Rockets series, and a Thunder/Blazers series, although I really don't know how the Blazers/Rockets season series will even out seeing as they split 2-2 I believe (possibly Blazers 2-1), and I have them both finishing the year with the same conference record.

You officiated during the golden era of NBA basketball from Bird and Magic to Michael to now. What was that like when you sit back and think about it? Crawford: Kareem, [Hakeem] Olajuwon, Karl Malone [too]

Bill Oram: [URL="http://*********.com/social/"]Nick Young didn

Andy Larsen: [URL="http://*********.com/social/"]Rudy Gobert: