Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default The New Euroleague (The Start of NBA Euroleague Division) Begins In 2016-17 Season

The Euroleague has announced that it's new league will begin next season.

This is the league that will eventually become NBA Euroleague, the NBA European division that the NBA has been talking about for many years.

The new Euroleague will eventually be a joint effort of Euroleague and the NBA, with the top clubs of Europe being able to play against NBA teams.

The Euroleague begins this project next season, and once it is formed, the merger with the NBA will happen soon after.

The Euroleague will next season contract down from 24 teams, to 16 teams. This is being done in order to increase the level of the competition, and to increase revenues and profits.

It will be a true league model system, the same as a European national domestic or regional league, and the same as the NBA.

Every team will play against every other team, in both home and away games, during a regular season, and then the league will finish with a playoff format of successive series.

This is different than the current Euroleague, which uses a round robin system of different group stages, draws, and then culminates in a final four.

The new Euroleague will also have a franchise system, the same as American sports leagues. Meaning that the 16 teams will be given franchises. This is different than the current Euroleague, where teams are qualified or not each year based on a system of contracts (which uses European results) and national league results, and where multiple different teams change in the league every year, and where basically any team in Europe has a chance to play in the league.

Under the new system, only the clubs that meet a very high standard of rules will be qualified to play in the league.

In the new Euroleaugue, teams must have a minimum budget of $17 million dollars a season (which can be increased in the future by Euroleague). In the current Euroleague, the minimum budget is $5 million.

Also, the new Euroleague will have a financial regulation system, similar to the NBA salary cap, in which all teams must publish and release all their financial info, salaries of players, etc.

No team will be allowed to spend more money than it earns, and club sponsors will only be allowed to make a sponsor contribution to the team, rather than pay for the whole budget. Meaning that teams must cover their costs through profits.

If teams do not cover their costs, and at least break even in profits, and follow all salary cap rules, then they will be kicked out of the league and replaced by a new franchise. Every team will be given a financial review at the end of each season, in order to make sure that they meet these requirements.

There will also be a minimum and maximum player salary cap that each team will have to adhere to each season. This refers to the net income (after all taxes and agent fees have been paid) salaries of each player on the teams.

In the new Euroleague, there will be new arena rules, where teams must have at least an 11,500 seat arena (in current Euroleague, they need at least a 5,000 seat arena). Also, all the arenas must meet new rules, which stipulate that the arenas must have current NBA level training facilities, practice facilities, media, broadcast, and communication capabilities, press and conference rooms, locker rooms, wireless access, merchandising shops, and food and bar areas.

In the new Euroleague, every 3 years all of the 16 franchise teams will be reviewed, and the team that is deemed to be the least worthy of being in the league, can lose its franchise and be replaced by another team from Europe. But only if another team from Europe meets all of the league's new standards and qualifications.

There will also be new major sponsors and TV deals for the new Euroleague that starts next season. And also, there will be a new league revenue and profits sharing system for the teams of the league, as well as increased incomes, with each team receiving payments for every game they will play in the league, for every win they get in the league, and also a supposed $5 million prize to the league's champion, with the runner up supposedly receiving a $1 million prize.

The 16 franchises of the new Euroleague have not yet been finalized, but these 30 teams are said to be the current league candidates:

Fenerbahce Istanbul - Turkey (if Turkey forms a fully professional league)
    Efes Istanbul - Turkey (if Turkey forms a fully professional league)
    Darussafaka Istanbul - Turkey (if Turkey forms a fully professional league)
    Galatasaray Istanbul - Turkey (if Turkey forms a fully professional league)
    Besiktas Istanbul - Turkey (if Turkey forms a fully professional league)

Real Madrid - Spain
    Saski Baskonia Vitoria - Spain
    Malaga - Spain
    FC Barcelona - Catalonia (Spanish League)

CSKA Moscow - Russia
    Khimky Moscow Region - Russia
    Lokomotiv Kuban - Russia (if they relocate to Sochi)

Olympiacos Piraeus Athens - Greece
    Panathinaikos Athens - Greece

Olimpia Milan - Italy
    Virtus Roma - Italy (if they merge with AS Roma)

FC Bayern Munich - Germany
    Alba Berlin - Germany
    Bayer Giants Leverkusen - Germany (if they invest in a first tier basketball team)

Paris Saint Germaine - France (if they form a basketball section)
    AS Monaco - Monaco (French League) (if they move to a new arena)

Red Star Belgrade - Serbia (Adriatic League)

Maccabi Tel Aviv - Israel
    Hapoel Jerusalem - Israel

Zalgiris Kaunas - Lithuania

Astana - Kazakhstan

London Arsenal - United Kingdom (if they form a basketball section)
    Chelsea FC - United Kingdom (if they form a basketball section)
    Manchester United - United Kingdom (if they form a basketball section)
    Manchester City - United Kingdom (if they form a basketball section)

These 11 teams are said to have already been finalized as getting franchises in the new Euroleague, that will eventually soon become the new NBA Euroleague division:

Fenerbahce Istanbul - Turkey (if Turkey forms a fully professional league)
    Efes Istanbul - Turkey (if Turkey forms a fully professional league)

Real Madrid - Spain

CSKA Moscow - Russia

Olimpia Milan - Italy

The last 5 teams will be selected from the other above candidates.

The new Euroleague officially will begin in the 2016-17 season, and will then form into the new NBA Euroleague division soon after that.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 10-24-2015 at 07:51 PM.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: New Euroleague (Start of NBA Euroleague Divisioin) Begins In 2016-17 Season

Link?

Stalkerforlife a pedo

Default Re: The New Euroleague (The Start of NBA Euroleague Division) Begins In 2016-17 Season

Can I just say, I don't know why people disrespect the euro league so much.

Is it the same as the nba? No. But what is?

I mean, it's the 2nd highest level of bball competition in the world (well, professional)

And generally, dirk, gasoline, etc, all come from there. We have legends that have come from the euro league

I don't really watch the euro league, but I respect the people who work there.

Stalkerforlife a pedo

Default Re: The New Euroleague (The Start of NBA Euroleague Division) Begins In 2016-17 Season

WAIT
    WHAT
    I MISREAD RHE TITLE
    THIS IS A HORRIBLE IDEA
    WHAT IS THIS
    NO ****ING WAY THIS IS HAPPENING

Also, it wouldn't work at all.

Stalkerforlife a pedo

No offense, but I feel this is bs.

Why would man city and man it'd be separate teams? I'm an avid man city fan, and like, all of those names are just the soccer teams

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DavisIsMyUniBro
    WAIT
    WHAT
    I MISREAD RHE TITLE
    THIS IS A HORRIBLE IDEA
    WHAT IS THIS

I could believe that Euroleague is streamlining. But to merge with the NBA would take drastic changes and a ton of discussion among NBA owners and with the NBPA that just hasn't happened yet. But let's see if he has some kind of link.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Link?
    voices in OP's head
    Last edited by fiddy; 10-24-2015 at 07:29 PM.

Stalkerforlife a pedo

Also. It's not in the news

Can I just say, I don't know why people disrespect the euro league so much.

Is it the same as the nba? No. But what is?

I mean, it's the 2nd highest level of bball competition in the world (well, professional)

And generally, dirk, gasoline, etc, all come from there. We have legends that have come from the euro league

I don't really watch the euro league, but I respect the people who work there.
    I would say its backlash from all the posts made by OP, who is known as a troll (claims EL > NBA) and pathological liar (never backs up any of his claims)

Euroleague is a great league littered with serviceable NBA players.

BTW, I cant seem to find ANY links regarding this "news". Maybe our friend here can provide a few for us?
    Last edited by catch24; 10-24-2015 at 07:38 PM.

WAIT
    WHAT
    I MISREAD RHE TITLE
    THIS IS A HORRIBLE IDEA
    WHAT IS THIS

It is happening, because Euroleague's CEO announced it at a press conference. It's already agreed upon by the league and the clubs. And they are working in conjunction with the NBA, in order to get the league ready for when the NBA opens up the NBA Euroleague Division.

No offense, but I feel this is bs.

Why would man city and man it'd be separate teams? I'm an avid man city fan, and like, all of those names are just the soccer teams
    Those clubs are candidates to get teams in the new 16 team Euroleague. They are NOT finalists for the league. Only 11 clubs have been finalized to receive franchises.

Fenerbahce Istanbul - Turkey
    Efes Istanbul - Turkey

Real Madrid - Spain

CSKA Moscow - Russia

Olimpia Milan - Italy

And the two clubs from Turkey will only get franchises if Turkey forms a new fully professional league by next season. The current Turkish League is not a fully professional league, so Turkish basketball won't meet the new rules and regulations of the new Euroleague, as it is currently built. So 2 of those 11 teams are also contingent on their national domestic league becoming fully pro, which it is not right now.

Obviously, the English clubs would have to form basketball sections in order to get franchises. The same also has to happen for Paris Saint Germaine.

But the NBA is insistent on having clubs in England (especially in London), and also in Paris. So that is why these clubs are being given the chance by Euroleague to get franchises in the new Euroleague.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 10-24-2015 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    It is happening, because Euroleague's CEO announced it at a press conference. It's already agreed upon by the league and the clubs. And they are working in conjunction with the NBA, in order to get the league ready for when the NBA opens up the NBA Euroleague Division.
    Back up your silly claims

NoLinksYo?

Quote Originally Posted by artificial
    NoLinksYo?
    Nope, and we wont see any

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Post a link.

You lying crazy PSYCHO bitch!