Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Default Re: Ginobili does it again

That's like a 5 on the Ginobili passing scale.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    That's like a 5 on the Ginobili passing scale.
    I'm just waiting for the next shamgod $hit show that Ginboili pulls. One of those games where he does his shamgod move like 10 times and scores each time.

Just beautiful.

thats's a no-look pass.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
    Notice how it's an actual no look pass and not the classic Lebron "pass then look away."

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Spacing is an amazing thing - it makes everything look so much easier.

Off-ball players benefit immensely from spacing - they have more freedom of movement and more pockets of open space.

Imagine an off-ball player like MJ playing alongside a good primary ballhandler like Wade who commanded a strongside flood - imagine how dangerous MJ would be on the weakside, when that side is left a man down defensively during a strongside flood.

Back in the day when there was no spacing, MJ worked so hard to score off-ball.. It's a pretty stark contrast from the easy bunnies he'd get in today's spaced-out court, seen in the OP gif.
    you're a seriously annoying person. BTW what are your thoughts on the color of the sky since we're talking about NOTHING related to this freaking topic!

GOAT SG passer easily. His court vision is up there with Bird and Magic

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG

Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

Manu is the second greatest passing sg behind kobe.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    Honestly never seen anyone who could consistently make the absurd passes this guy does. He does stuff you'd expect in a globetrotter game, and he'll do it in the nba finals!

He's seriously a magician with the ball, all be it sometimes his fancy stuff turns the ball over.

Reminds me of Pete Maravich.

Quote Originally Posted by WillC
    Reminds me of Pete Maravich.
    On the Pistol:

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Johnson
    Ten years ago, he was ahead of the times. Ten years from now, he will be ahead of the times.

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat
    Disagree, Warriors are much to reliant on their 3 point shot and lucked out because Love and Iriving were injured.

Warriors had significant problems just passing out of double teams and finding easy buckets.

Spurs are more dangerous because they still play the mid range game (Parker) and post game (Duncan, Kawhi, West now). Parker is a great midrange player. Spurs get a lot more easy buckets closer to the basket.

That's not the most important for me, which is that Spurs are actually playing basketball that to me is entertaining, unlike 9/10 teams of the rest of the league. The few other teams I find entertaining are Bulls, OKC and Memphis, which play a more traditional game.

Spurs do exploit spacing, but they also punish you on the low block and from midrange if teams try to chase you off the 3 point shot. That is the major difference between Spurs and Warriors. When Cavs pressured and doubled Curry and Klay, then Klay responded with falling through Harden OKC style and Curry had significant difficulties passing out of the double team. And when he did it was mostly to Draymond Green who wasn't a good enough finisher or playmaker.

If you chase Green, Mills, Manu, Parker of the 3 ball then Spurs use a couple of quick passes and find Duncan or Diaw (now West, LMA) for an easy low post bucket. If you cover Green etc hard to deny the kick out then Parker finds an easy layup. If you run a soft shading zone, then Parker hits the open mid range.

Spurs are pretty much the perfect team for this era and they are only threathened when they face highly athletic teams which can exploit Manu, Parker, Duncan being old.
    This is spot on. IOW, Spurs have a much more varied offense than the Warriors - and not as dependent on any one person. If someone is off, another picks up the slack. I am concerned about the lack of depth of the Spurs' perimeter and at center (if LMA doesn't want to play C).

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I'm not that big a Ginobili fan, but I have to admit that he is a freaking good/cool player and I respect the dude